SaltCritters.com

Nanoty's 90g Mixed Reef

nanoty

youre buying a chiller and im adding a heater... my tank hasnt went over 75 yet :huh:

Mine will hit 83 during the day but it doesnt seem to help if I prop the canopy open or add more fans. I think I need to do some canopy mods later to cool the bulbs better.

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This urchin is getting annoying. He has already found all the single polpys I put in the tank and was trying to pick up this huge frag a while ago. He tried to wear the snail shell on the ground too but I guess it was too much.

IMG_8231.jpg

purplefirefish
Mine will hit 83 during the day but it doesnt seem to help if I prop the canopy open or add more fans. I think I need to do some canopy mods later to cool the bulbs better.

i have to fix one of the fans in mine... it doesnt come on :(

i have to fix one of the fans in mine... it doesnt come on :(

Sorry, I still need to buy a lot of stuff too.

did you hit the lotto or what?? buy me something.

No, I'm just balls deep in debt. What do you want? :lol:

glennr1978
Sorry, I still need to buy a lot of stuff too.

No, I'm just balls deep in debt. What do you want? :lol:

lol, nice!!! how bout a 100g (72"x18"x17"), three sides starphire, with dual overflows. oh, and black silicone on the seams.

thanks.

lol, nice!!! how bout a 100g (72"x18"x17"), three sides starphire, with dual overflows. oh, and black silicone on the seams.

thanks.

Wait on your porch for it tomorrow.

Slightly late I know, but I'd do your best to stay away from the Whitecheek Tang (A. nigricans) as far as possible. They're a beautiful fish, granted, but they simply have too many problems in the acclimation phase in my experience. The Powder Brown looks very similar and shouldn't give you anywhere near as many dramas. And if you want two Tangs - get the Tomani as well. They've got an awesome personality and don't have the size issues of the Chevron.

Slightly late I know, but I'd do your best to stay away from the Whitecheek Tang (A. nigricans) as far as possible. They're a beautiful fish, granted, but they simply have too many problems in the acclimation phase in my experience. The Powder Brown looks very similar and shouldn't give you anywhere near as many dramas. And if you want two Tangs - get the Tomani as well. They've got an awesome personality and don't have the size issues of the Chevron.

Thanks for the advice. Good to know. I've already decided on the Powder Brown (Acanthurus japonicus) and the Tomini (Ctenochaetus tominiensis). I just need to get to my LFS and order them. Hopefully sometime next weekend.

I ended up taking the large leather out and fragging the zoas from under it. There was also some type of LPS I believe that didnt look good if anyone wants to try and ID it.

Professional fragging tools.

IMG_8234.jpg

Here is the leather and zoas. They were completely covered when the leather was open.

IMG_8235.jpg

Mystery coral, looks like LPS, anyone have an idea?

IMG_8236.jpg

I didnt get any pics of me actually fragging or afterwards since I was trying to hurry. It went well and I ended up with a large zoa frag and a few with 4-5 polpys.

Here are the zoas today.

IMG_8241.jpg

Here is the mystery coral today. Its very small and hard to take a picture of.

IMG_8247.jpg

I also moved some more stuff over from the 40 breeder.

IMG_8240.jpg

IMG_8239.jpg

New FTSs with newish scape. I jacked with it for what seemed like hours before I finally found a scape I could live with.

IMG_8238.jpg

IMG_8237.jpg

Cool, easy wasn't it? Not sure what the mystery coral is..

Pretty easy, I just didn't know what I was getting into. Whole thing took less than 3 minutes and that was glueing down loose frags too. Beats the hell out of me. I put a better pic in the ID forum, here it is cropped and resized.

IMG_8255.jpg

haha nice frag tools.

I have a Craftsman air compressor and a pneumatic chisel, but I went with finesse this time.

Looking really good.And thats what i use to frag also.

Hey if it works.

This looks like Blasto Merletti to me, a favorite of mine.

That's what someone said in the ID forum, we'll see how it recovers.

Looks great.

Thanks bud.

davidr2340

Looks like a Blasto to me as well!!! Nice score!

The new scape looks great for sure!!! Awesome tank bro!!!

Looks like a Blasto to me as well!!! Nice score!

The new scape looks great for sure!!! Awesome tank bro!!!

Thanks, I am one of the worst when it comes to being satisfied with scapes. I jacked with it until the wife finally told me to "leave it the hell alone". I still need to aquaputty the leather down as well as a few others but I can't fit too much more in here and still have room for stuff to fill in.

I would like to start a ric and zoa "garden" towards the front of the tank, I have enough small frags to start.

+3 on B Merletti ty

Tank looks sweet ! B)

Thanks man. I am thoroughly enjoying the tank and I think the livestock will be enjoying it more when the chiller comes in.

Looks like blastos from here too. I hope they recover well for you :)

Thanks, time will tell.

Archived