Cultivated Reef

MadDevil's BC14 (Retired 7/4/2013)

Maddevil1

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i think i might swittch to Phoenix 14K bulb! the pop is amazing!

I really like the Phoenix 14K. And the extra pop from the newly added LEDs is GREAT! :happydance:

that GSP is SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want a frag, the next frag is yours.

i have a frag of Red zoas with green mouths. or a frag with radioactive dragon eyes that are recovering from when my light was out for 2 weeks!

i have a frag of Red zoas with green mouths. or a frag with radioactive dragon eyes that are recovering from when my light was out for 2 weeks!

Do you have any pics?

here are the red zoas top right above acans

the frag is in front of the palys

I will pass on these. I can only get a couple more zoas for my garden and need to be more selective. But dont worry, next time I frag the GSP, its yours - just dont forget about me when you get some nice pieces that need fragging ;)

Your tank is a real beauty. The colors are so vibrant!

Gotta say though the avatar is very distracting, can't concentrate on the post you make with that cute lady looking so innocent. :happy::P

Your tank is a real beauty. The colors are so vibrant!

Gotta say though the avatar is very distracting, can't concentrate on the post you make with that cute lady looking so innocent. :happy::P

Thanks! I attribute the colors to the MH light. I started this tank will all LEDs and was not able to achieve colors like this.

LMAO, i dont think I will be changing my avatar for a while. I cant seem to find one that would dethrone this one. :D

ok cool. im actually getting some nice frags of MC Jokers Wild Watermelon Chalice, hologram monti, PInnk lemoade acro tomorrow. when it is ready for fragging, ill hit you up.

ok cool. im actually getting some nice frags of MC Jokers Wild Watermelon Chalice, hologram monti, PInnk lemoade acro tomorrow. when it is ready for fragging, ill hit you up.

Sounds good. I prolly frag it after the new year. You will get a decent sized piece.

Awesome tank! I just got a BC14 last weekend. I'm looking for a shop somewhere in Houston that sells stands for them. I can't find one anywhere out here in Katy. Any suggestions?

Awesome tank! I just got a BC14 last weekend. I'm looking for a shop somewhere in Houston that sells stands for them. I can't find one anywhere out here in Katy. Any suggestions?

Thanks! I actually ordered mine cause I was having the same problem. The ones they had at Petsmart were pre-built and scuffed up. Most places dont stock them because most ppl use something else to put the tanks on. Oh and beware, the instructions are HORRIBLE!

Yeah I ordered mine from Premium Aquatics. It was the cheapest around. I also ordered a whole bunch of other goodies too.

Where did you buy your live rock? I want to pick up some LR locally, as I hope to be starting the cycle in the next week or two. Have you ever been to T&T Fish and Reptile on Hwy 6?

Yeah I ordered mine from Premium Aquatics. It was the cheapest around. I also ordered a whole bunch of other goodies too.

Where did you buy your live rock? I want to pick up some LR locally, as I hope to be starting the cycle in the next week or two. Have you ever been to T&T Fish and Reptile on Hwy 6?

I bought my LR from All About Fish. Its near 45 and Almeda-Genoa. I trust the owner since I've known him for 8 years. I have never been to T&T. Back in the day I remember getting decent LR at Fish Land, which is in your neck of the woods. City Pets is another one that I have heard of as well. Hopefully you get your tank up and running soon!

• 1 month later...

I'm pretty interested in the Fishneedit 150w MH. It's on sale right now for $139.99. I like having my moonlights though. Didn't you say you rigged up some LED's?

I really like the frags btw. Thanks again!

I'm pretty interested in the Fishneedit 150w MH. It's on sale right now for $139.99. I like having my moonlights though. Didn't you say you rigged up some LED's?

I really like the frags btw. Thanks again!

Glad you like them. Did the GSP open up yet? I like the FNI fixture a lot. Just go thru my thread to see what I did to it. Moonlights LEDs installed and I rigged up some Actinic LEDs as well.

About 6 or 7 polyps were open on the GSP yesterday. That thing glows!!! The birdsnest has opened up a little bit too. The high perch where I wanted to put it was too unstable for the frag plug, so I'm going to try to get some epoxy for it this week. It's sitting about 3/4 of the way to the top right now.

About 6 or 7 polyps were open on the GSP yesterday. That thing glows!!! The birdsnest has opened up a little bit too. The high perch where I wanted to put it was too unstable for the frag plug, so I'm going to try to get some epoxy for it this week. It's sitting about 3/4 of the way to the top right now.

Nice! Yea, it might take a few days to fully open. How was your dKH? Yea, get some epoxy and super glue gel and you should be set. Post some pics when you got it all set up.

Archived