inTank Media Baskets

MadDevil's BC14 (Retired 7/4/2013)

Maddevil1

dKH was 9 degrees. On the high side, but still acceptable according to the instructions. What's your opinion? Sorry for the thread highjack.

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply
dKH was 9 degrees. On the high side, but still acceptable according to the instructions. What's your opinion? Sorry for the thread highjack.

Acceptable range is 8-12. Try to maintain what your tank naturally sits at rather than trying to keep it on the higher end, 10-12 dKH. My tank natually sits at 8 dKH, so I dose to keep it there. Saves me a lot of money on supplements and time! Give it a couple of days and test again. Also, test the dKH of your change water. This will help determine your dosing needs.

Love the new FTS. Those acans look great!

I can see a big green monti cap somewhere in there. :)

Thanks! Yea I need to get some monti caps. I am just taking it slow since I lost all of my montis when I fragged a mushroom inside the tank :tears: I do have the green apple monti branch, I very small purple mont branch (poor thing keeps falling and getting stung) and a purple rim monti cap (right above the kryptonite candy canes. It would be awesome if they came in a rainbow color!

hows the magic? pics?

Magic is doing great!! I might need to cut that plate off though, it seems to be hindering the second biggest polyp on the piece. Any suggestions, I would like to keep it and see what it grows in to.

No pics yet. I get my close-up lenses today, maybe tonight :D

hmm... i'd think a good butter knife. and just lean on it till the rock snaps. i knew it would bother it at some point i didn't think that time would come this soon lol. if you want i get my bandsaw back today so i can cut it for you if you don't want to cut it... wait you have a dremel you should be fine thats an easy enough cut.

hmm... i'd think a good butter knife. and just lean on it till the rock snaps. i knew it would bother it at some point i didn't think that time would come this soon lol. if you want i get my bandsaw back today so i can cut it for you if you don't want to cut it... wait you have a dremel you should be fine thats an easy enough cut.

I was thinking of slicing the plate from underneath and leaving the rock. Knowing me, I'd kill a polyp and make extra frags if I try to cut the rock!

looking good...... do you mix your own water? if so what brand do you use?

Thanks! Actually I dont mix my own water, I get it from my LFS. 5 gallons last me 2 weeks, so I see no need to spend the money on a RO/DI unit.

• 2 weeks later...
your right it does look better on here! good buy.

also what happened to the blue leds man? dont tell me you sold them.

Thanks! Naw, didnt sell them. You are confusing my DIY LED lights (replaced with MH) with my LED actinic lighting. I still have both.

oh ok. i was gonna say i'd like the rb and stuff to pick up the blues in my tank but i don't think it'll be enough i could always machine out an aluminum block to span the 3' across my tank. lol.. hmm the wheels are turning.

oh ok. i was gonna say i'd like the rb and stuff to pick up the blues in my tank but i don't think it'll be enough i could always machine out an aluminum block to span the 3' across my tank. lol.. hmm the wheels are turning.

What about some panoramas?

i just think a good diy with the same amount of cash would give me better results. and i'm not fully sure if i want to go the led route or just get a vho retro for the super actinics. yeah i'm still in the thinking it over mode.

• 1 month later...
How's the tank going man?

Tank is going good. I need to take another FTS and post it. I am still trying to fully understand the readings I am getting out of the Apogee sensor I bought though. From the readings, the tank could use some more light, so I dropped my MH down an inch and it still needs to be dropped some more. At my Purple Plasma Acro, I was only at 125 PAR, now I am at 136 PAR. But I am not certain if thats truly correct since the sensor doesnt pick up blue light that well. So I dont know how much my TV LEDs are contributing to PAR. Also with the 14K bulb, which is more like a 20K, is the sensor not picking this spectrum that well either. Though at AAF when I measured his SPS tank, I got 327 PAR. So at this point I am not sure on anything. :unsure: Time to ask the experts.

Archived