Pod Your Reef

LED Group Buy

evilc66

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good LEDs are not cheap....and neither is custom work...go do your research before you leave a comment that adds nothing to this thread.

I found the same exact stuff for cheaper. Nice try.

Good for you. But there's been enough bickering in this thread so please move along.

Why were these prices so expensive?

Can I ask what you find so expensive?

Hey Evil,

If I were to buy LED actinic add-ons for my sunpod, would this be as strong as getting one T5 bulb on both sides of it?

Thanks

Okay... I was thinking about when I upgrade, getting a 36" sunpod with 2 x 250w metal halides, and adding 4 of these instead of 4x39w T5s. Does that sound like a good idea?

Once I get the first few finished and ready to ship, I'll snap a few pictures. Anyone have any complaints if I don't put the logo on that I had talked about? Just saves a good amount of time and will let me get them out quicker. I know some already asked to not have it put on.

No complaints about a logo here.

Keith

Sorry for the lack of usefull update, but orders are starting to ship tomorrow. I hope to have all orders shipped in about three weeks. Sooner if I have the time. With the Thanksgiving weekend coming up, I have a few extra days off and I might have time to get even more done (provided there isn't a nice long "honey-do" list waiting for me). I'm going to try and get some of the Satellite retros shipped that weekend too.

Hey just curious when you are going to realistically be shipping the full satellite. My girlfriends tank is getting red slime cuz the bulbs are old and I don't want to buy new bulbs if its going to be shipping soon. Thanks evil.

I'm going to make a big push to work on these this weekend. I'd like to say I'd be able to start shipping them next week, but that might be a bit adventurous. I'll let you know how things are looking this weekend.

any updates? who has received theirs already?

Spanko is the only one that i have seen around here talking about receiving it!

I am hoping mine is going out soon but i havent received any word from Evil :(

Yes as Clive only lives about 14 miles I was able to go and pick mine up. They are truly amazing!!! The fluorescence of the coral when they are on without the halide is just beautiful. Hang in there I know he is working to get everyone's out. You will not be disappointed with the final product.

Yes as Clive only lives about 14 miles I was able to go and pick mine up. They are truly amazing!!! The fluorescence of the coral when they are on without the halide is just beautiful. Hang in there I know he is working to get everyone's out. You will not be disappointed with the final product.

hey spanko....is there any way of you posting some pix of your Sunpod Actinic fixture?....

I'm sure we (all of us who have yet to receive ours...you lucky dog :P ) would benefit greatly (as in "feeding the hunger" :lol: ) by seeing the "Finished Product" !!!! :D

thanks in adavnce.... :)

I'll try to get a pic up tonight. It is hard to show the tank with just the actinics on though, I am trying to get the correct setting on the camera but not having too much luck yet. But will post a pic of how they look mounted to the Sunpod.

awesome spanko, thanks! I really want to see the finished fixture more than anything else...

I know how difficult it is to photograph "lighting" accurately so don't sweat the "effect" pix... ;)

hey, did Clive mention at all his ETA for completing orders?...

Archived