Coral Vue Hydros

LED Group Buy

evilc66

I'm actually having a really hard time getting the fixtures. With Current discontinuing them, it's been hard to get them direct from distributors. All is not lost on them. I can get the fixtures. Just might not be at the price I want to pay. This won't affect the retro people obviously. I have been neglecting these a little with all the hubub on the actinics, but they will be next up.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Like I said before, they have been a little neglected because of the actinics. I'm looking to get a good amount of work done on those this weekend.

Hey pal I have a couple of questions.

Is the heat sink for these Sunpod actinics the bar they are mounted to and will it get hot, say too hot to touch?

I have two ordered, one for the front track, one for the back track. Will these come with one power supply or two, one for each?

Do they have a control "knob" on them for intensity adjustment? If so what is your experience with the setting, low - half way - pedal to the metal?

The heatsink gets fairly warm, but still way within the LED tolerances. I don't think it's to the point of "too hot to touch". It's a little hotter than the Sunpod itself gets.

It will be two strips on a single power supply. I can't do all four on one power supply. The units I have just don't have enough current to do that.

There is no "knob" as such for the current adjustment. A small philips screwdriver will be required to make current adjustments. The difference in brightness is pretty noticable from low to high. Low is almost down to moonlight settings. Mid way still gets some of that fluorescence we all want, but doesn't add a ton of blue.

Thanx. So setting probably somewhere between mid and top depending on what your personal taste in "blueness" is.

So on the Sunpod I have ordered, one for the back, one for the front, is there going to be one or two power supplies? Sorry not up on the lingo of LED's so don't know what a strip is in my case.

Weekend was busy, but not for the reasons you guys want to hear :(

The first batch of machined mounts came in the mail today. Second batch should be here in a few days (not enough material was ordered). After a little rework on them, they will be off to the anodizer soon.

hey evil, after u get the parts to the anodizer, whats left? any update on an ETA? will work on the retrofit kits only start after the sunpod atinics are done?

Timeframe is dependant on when the next batch comes in. I will be working on the retros while I'm waiting for parts, but they probably won't ship until after the actinics do.

Timeframe is dependant on when the next batch comes in. I will be working on the retros while I'm waiting for parts, but they probably won't ship until after the actinics do.

awesome, sunpod atinics first :lol:

Does anyone have any extra Royal Blue LEDs? I'm pretty sure four of mine have burned out and I need to replace them. Ideally I'd like to get 7 more of the RBs.

Sorry. Last week was busy. I haven't seen the last batch of parts yet. They should be here any moment. Once that rework is finished then it's downhill hopefully :)

Sorry. Last week was busy. I haven't seen the last batch of parts yet. They should be here any moment. Once that rework is finished then it's downhill hopefully :)

Good deal! Thanks

Archived