ReefCleaners.org

LED Group Buy

evilc66

My god man every time someone shows a little aggrevation on this thread all the brown nosers jump on them right away with ridiculous statements like "you're taking time from evil working on the project" or "if you've got a problem he'll gladly give you a refund". Nobody has ever trashed evil and you can't fault anyone for wondering what the deal is and if you ask me the soapbox crap is not necessary and does nothing but start conflict.

People paid for a product 6 months ago that they have not received yet, they have the right to ask what they want, let evil handle it. Get off the computer and step into the "real world" and understand that there's going to be some aggrevation.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My god man every time someone shows a little aggrevation on this thread all the brown nosers jump on them right away with ridiculous statements like "you're taking time from evil working on the project" or "if you've got a problem he'll gladly give you a refund". Nobody has ever trashed evil and you can't fault anyone for wondering what the deal is and if you ask me the soapbox crap is not necessary and does nothing but start conflict.

People paid for a product 6 months ago that they have not received yet, they have the right to ask what they want, let evil handle it. Get off the computer and step into the "real world" and understand that there's going to be some aggrevation.

Once again, as you implied in the last sentence (edit) of YOUR post, if you are aggrevated or upset with the service or product Evil has offered a refund. This is how transactions are handled in the "real world." I know there are a number of people that are still looking for these, in fact, one dual setup just changed hands a few posts above, so I am sure someone would be happy to take yours Scootr.

Evil has stated that he is at the mercy of the anodizer. You and others (edit) are asking for answers he can't provide as the answers lie with whatever is delaying the anodizer, which I am sure they are not offering a true reason as to why they are behind. All the timelines Evil has provided recently have always stated they are contingent upon other people meeting their side, i.e. the anodizer. I was able to learn this by reading the recent posts and coming to a rational conclusion. If this makes me a brown noser for being able to decipher the reason for the delays so be it, but every question you have presented has already been answered for you.

To be honest, the best thing about this GB coming to an end will not be the fact that we will have a superior product that will enhance the joy in this hobby that we love, but rather it will finally be a day where I won't have to view another post by someone who has been given all the answers to their questions, options to be compensated for their money, but yet still feels the need to complain and gripe about someone who has gone out of their way, through a number of unexpected circumstances (both personal and with the GB) to help out the NR community.

Man... maybe you ought to read my post again. Not once did I complain about not getting my product, I complained about the comments that come after a frustrated person asks a question. For some reason you just spewed out a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with my post.

Man... maybe you ought to read my post again. Not once did I complain about not getting my product, I complained about the comments that come after a frustrated person asks a question. For some reason you just spewed out a bunch of stuff that has nothing to do with my post.

Post edited. All my points about where everyone could find reasons for why the delays are taking place still stand and are valid.

Being aggravated won't speed up the process. Evil has made updates on the process of getting these things out every step of the way. He's not a company, he doesn't have access to industrial machines, he's just a student working out of his garage trying to help people out. No need to get all aggravated over some time delays.

haha omg, sorry for getting everyone riled up. just wanted to see what's up. i actually didnt know evil was still in college. i thought his affiliations with nanocustoms meant he was working and such.

Wow. Easy guys.

The delays have been unavoidable, but they are there. Thanks for the support, but the liability falls on my shoulders. Apparently I haven't picked some of the most timely vendors for parts or services. I have also fallen into some issues in repeatability on making some parts, which Chris has helped me out with. It's all taken time, and much more than I wanted to. I wish I could have snapped my fingers and had this done back in June.

I am in school, but part time (two nights a week for 4 hours each). I have a regular 9-5 job, as well as the work I do for NC. Needless to say, my time is spread thin. Now, the time I put in at NC is flexible, and Chris understands that I have priorities, so I hope no-one thinks that everything is being delayed more by this partnership.

With all the delays and rework I have had to do on this project, I'm not making a penny on these. I'm not worried though. I'm still doing it cuz I luv u guyz :) In all seriousness, I'm doing it to get this wonderful technology into the hands of everyone that enjoys reefs as much as I do.

nanotuners.com

Here here. Heres to the love of the hobby. My pocketbook has taken a HUGEMONGOUS hit running this business with the recession and all, but we trudge through day by day because in all seriousness, we love our customers.

I wanted to chime in a little earlier but felt it best to let the man say it himself. Stay tuned guys.

Chris

Evil,

Thanks for the hard work....i know you are busy and set backs have been a pain for sure. It sucks having to wait this long but the more updates the better i feel....I am sure this is coming to a close soon so i am excited....if you get some pics when the come back please share!! After 6 months it has been tough on all of us but i am sticking with you and cant wait to see a finished product!

Thanks again

Jason

Thanks Jason. I know you guys have been patient, and it's very much appreciated. I don't know why you guys put up with me though :)

I don't think I have seen someone give as much unsolicited help and advice to people in any hobby before. I think its fair to say LEDs in nano reefs wouldn't be remotely where they are today without evil's help. I regret not getting in on this evil. If you have anyone back out of the Pico light before I buy a PAR38 15watter in the next month and you are stuck with the order, just let me know and I will hop in and take theres for ya for the same price.

i would not have sold mine but i got a new tank 24 by 24 inch cube with a 400 watt and was told that the lights would not be enough for that mutch light so im getting the new ones from evil \\

but i dont know how many i will need can you help evil thank you again

It's going to depend on how much light/color you want to add, and how much area you want to cover. If you want a slight effect, you can use two mounted farther away. If you want a more intense color, you will have to move the lamps closer, and probably use four, with one in each corner. It's going to be down to what you are looking for.

Not sure if evilc is up for it, but is anyone interested in getting another group buy together for just LEDs and lenses?

I've been toying with the idea of building another fixture for my 65g this winter, and would need quite a few crees.

-Tim

Deleted User 6
Not sure if evilc is up for it, but is anyone interested in getting another group buy together for just LEDs and lenses?

I've been toying with the idea of building another fixture for my 65g this winter, and would need quite a few crees.

-Tim

my guess is there won't be another one for a long time, if ever. Evil has partnered with nanocustoms.com to help pioneer LEDs in the industry. Check out their site.

-Tim

There would probably be some interest in tbh. Probably no custom stuff, just LEDS, lenses, and power supplies. May even be able to go through NC. There might not be as much interest as there was in this group buy because a lot of people got their stuff here. But I'm constantly seeing other people starting LED projects so I would assume that would continue to happen for a while.

Evil probably wouldn't run the show if there was another one soon though. Like he said, his time is spread thin. I would think the main hold up on a group buy would be someone calling the shots.

Archived