ReefCleaners.org

LED Group Buy

evilc66

was there already a second gb ? Or are you all still waiting on your fixtures from the first? Mainly sunpod actinics. I was waiting for the second on these.

Put me down for 1 sunpod actinic for the next available.

this is still the original GB from April waiting to ship out (hopefully this week) but he did mention a few posts back that he will be making some "extra units" that he would be putting up for sale...

so keep your eyes out for a possible FS thread in the near future once the GB units get out...

They're gonna be sweet for sure...can't wait to receive mine :D

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Four months. Four freaking months since ordered and paid for. Come on dude, get these done and shipped already. Seriously.

:scarry:fingerscrossed

it's almost friday....end of week update????

Four months. Four freaking months since ordered and paid for. Come on dude, get these done and shipped already. Seriously.

I'm sorry guys. I'm going as fast as I can. Like I have stated in the past, if it's an issue for you, I can issue a refund. I have plenty of others in line waiting to get these.

I did hit a snag that I didn't see coming and was hoping to overcome in time, but it didn't happen. The C-channel that actually slides into the mounting rail needs to be machined down to fit. I was hoping that I would be able to do it on my small desktop mill, but it's proving to be too small to get things done consistantly and accurately. It either undercut, or wouldn't cut straight. I had to send them out to get machined. Other than time, this will not affect you guys. I'm going to take the hit on the machining costs and the anodizing. Fingers crossed I will get the parts next week and get shipping started.

Deleted User 6

Does the machining apply to the retro's? If not, would those be able to be shipped sooner?

Thanks again Evil. I know it must be frustrating to have all this crap happen and keep pushing the ship date back. I'm thankful that you're working so hard to get it done.

You want to talk about long waits try waiting for nimble nano during winter my friend.

So if you had to send them out then that would mean that nothing is mounted to them yet, correct? So when you get the shipment back you still have to assemble, epoxy and the whole nine so we can probably tack another week on for that. Realistically, are we looking at 2-3 weeks more?

You want to talk about long waits try waiting for nimble nano during winter my friend.

4 months is the whole winter my friend

**Disclaimer: I've been waiting only a month and a half but everyone else has had 4 months under their belts.

You will be at 4 months in no time. O wait that will put us at 8 dam seams like he should have got every thing allined before taking our money plus he has already. Is lining up another group buy I feel sorry for them suckers lol I don't think we will ever get them

I find it interesting how people like Scooter (15 posts) and rtb (37 posts) are the ones who are being the most negative regarding this situation. While I in no way post nearly as much as I should, I am atleast mature enough to realize there have been some extreme circumstances regarding this GB. Also, please take a moment to consider the wealth of knowledge and time Evil has provided to this community. This alone should allow Evil some grace period in addition to all the hangups and unfortunate events he has endured.

Evil has offered on numerous occasions to refund the money if you are that upset about it. So, getting on here to bash people is in no shape or form helpful to the situation, esp. when a refund has been offered.

While I agree we are very excited about recieving a very nice piece of equipment that isn't being offered anywhere else, the MOST frustrating aspect of this enitre GB are all the negative comments that are showing up towards a respected, hard working member of this community.

Thanks again Evil for everything!

I agree with you on all the things said about evil and I haven't said anything negative towards him or his character. I am simply trying to ask to the point questions because we are not getting to the point answers which causes uproar in the thread. So please don't group me in your statement. But, if anyone feels I was too aggressive towards evil or offended anyone I appologize. And the 4 months thing was supposed to be funny.

4 months is the whole winter my friend

**Disclaimer: I've been waiting only a month and a half but everyone else has had 4 months under their belts.

I wait about 7 months and change for my nimble because of cold rainy weather. But it was worth it.

I find it interesting how people like Scooter (15 posts) and rtb (37 posts) are the ones who are being the most negative regarding this situation. While I in no way post nearly as much as I should, I am atleast mature enough to realize there have been some extreme circumstances regarding this GB. Also, please take a moment to consider the wealth of knowledge and time Evil has provided to this community. This alone should allow Evil some grace period in addition to all the hangups and unfortunate events he has endured.

Evil has offered on numerous occasions to refund the money if you are that upset about it. So, getting on here to bash people is in no shape or form helpful to the situation, esp. when a refund has been offered.

While I agree we are very excited about recieving a very nice piece of equipment that isn't being offered anywhere else, the MOST frustrating aspect of this enitre GB are all the negative comments that are showing up towards a respected, hard working member of this community.

Thanks again Evil for everything!

Evil should just refund the money automatically to people who ##### about waiting. He's not a factory people.

Evil,

I appreciate your paying attention to detail and getting things right. I am patiently waiting and know the end result will exceed my expectations. I appreciate everything you do and look forward to following your LED posts which have provided an invaluable resource to those of us just ready to jump out and build one.

You just can't get in a hurry in this hobby. It has taken me almost a year to get everything just right on my 34 gal Solana and I know this supplemental light will be the icing on the cake.

Thanks

i wasent bashing him was saying that he told me that they would be shipped this week then he said that they needed to be milled and thought that he should have did all that when he was wating for parts to come in

Despite setbacks and delays, I'm glad that evil is paying attention to QC. I'd rather wait 4+ months to get something custom made that works vs. something that is throw together in a week and not working.

I'm positive that when I finally get my dual actinic's that it would be worth the wait...

I'm sorry you guys feel this way. The refund option is still open for those who want to take advantage of it. I'm trying to get these finished for you, and give you a product that I'm proud to put my name on. I'm not going to sell crap. If that takes a little longer, it takes a little longer, but I'm going to sleep at night because of it.

I'm not going to try and defend my position here. I will get them done as fast as possible. If this is an issue, see above.

"Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave" Please don't screw it for the rest of us that may want a Led fixture by Evil. +10 on waiting for a quality build!

I'm sorry you guys feel this way. The refund option is still open for those who want to take advantage of it. I'm trying to get these finished for you, and give you a product that I'm proud to put my name on. I'm not going to sell crap. If that takes a little longer, it takes a little longer, but I'm going to sleep at night because of it.

I'm not going to try and defend my position here. I will get them done as fast as possible. If this is an issue, see above.

"Just smile and wave boys, smile and wave" Please don't screw it for the rest of us that may want a Led fixture by Evil. +10 on waiting for a quality build!

Evil, if anyone dares refund you, lmk. I'll paypal payment that very day. (and even with this offer, I expect I am dozens down a offer to buy line, but even still.. let me know if you have a fixture needing buying. I believe in the product and knowledge and service you're giving to this community.

That being said, the wealth of knowledge I've seen come from Evil in the few months I've been on Nano would make me more than happy to wait the 4 months. Of course we all want to spring forward full speed, but its worth the wait for a fixture that will be as durable as i know Evil can produce.

Regards,

Lee

I have been and will continue to wait patiently for the product Evil sees in his minds eye, a product he and the rest of us will be proud to be a part of.

Thanks everyone. Everyone here has a right to be irritated with me about this. It's taken far longer than I anticipated (I'm a dreamer, not a production engineer :)), and I appologize for misleading anyone.

No one should have any fears about not getting what they ordered. I have too much at stake here from a financial standpoint, and for my reputation on this board and others to stiff you guys. You will get what you paid for. It just might take a little longer.

In good news. The new parts are machined, and should be cut to length in the next day or two (fingers crossed). Once the parts are back, they are straight off to the anodizer. As some have not been quite satisfied with my updates, I will try and post progress as soon as parts start changing hands.

Thanks for the update. No one is questioning the quality of your work and we are all appreciative of your knowledge. Updates are great - at least it gives us an idea of potential time frames. Thanks again!

Thanks everyone. Everyone here has a right to be irritated with me about this. It's taken far longer than I anticipated (I'm a dreamer, not a production engineer :)), and I appologize for misleading anyone.

No one should have any fears about not getting what they ordered. I have too much at stake here from a financial standpoint, and for my reputation on this board and others to stiff you guys. You will get what you paid for. It just might take a little longer.

In good news. The new parts are machined, and should be cut to length in the next day or two (fingers crossed). Once the parts are back, they are straight off to the anodizer. As some have not been quite satisfied with my updates, I will try and post progress as soon as parts start changing hands.

Yes, please keep us updated as much as possible. I think folks would be less apprehensive as long as they were kept in the loop, and maybe could see some of the build photos. Thanks again evil !

Thanks for the update. No one is questioning the quality of your work and we are all appreciative of your knowledge. Updates are great - at least it gives us an idea of potential time frames. Thanks again!

lots of updates on the sunpod leds, but any updates on the fixtures i believe they will be last on the list but still any info would be hawt

thanks again

Archived