Top Shelf Aquatics

LED Group Buy

evilc66

That it is. Parts are going to the anodizer after work tonight. Couldn't get them out last week as we had a little puppy emergency. He slashed the pad on his paw open in the back yard and we were back and forth to the emergency vet for a few days.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope you pup is doing better and the Vet bill wasnt too much...those can be a killer.

Keep us updated this week so we know whats going on....Thanks!!

Pup's doing fine. Never seemed to skip a beat. Keeping the bandage on him is a chellenge though :) Long recovery though. Vet said that injuries to the pad take the longest to heal. He will have stitches for three weeks.

Parts did make it to the anodizer. Should be about a week before I get them back.That's what they were telling me anyway.

Deleted User 6

Hey man - what is left that needs to be done on the retro kits? Are you able to get any work done on them while the full units are at the anodizer?

Sorry. Forgot about this. Still working on the retros. Got to make an assesment as to how much I have left on those, but I should have an answer later tonight after class once I look things over.

For those curious about the anodizing, I haven't heard back yet on the status.

Yeah, that works. Just have them send over their info and I'll update the list.

Still no word back from the anodizer. Short day today at work, so I'll stop by and see what they are up to later.

hay evil if i sell my sun pod leds will you ship it to them when ready i got a new tank and it wont work with my set up

Yeah, that works. Just have them send over their info and I'll update the list.

Looks like I'm in for a dual Sunpod setup. Thanks

Hey just wondering if you had seen this yet and wondering how you think it would do as an actinic supplement? Thanks

http://dev.ecoxotic.com/products/modular-l...led-strips.html

Yeah, I've seen them :)

Depending on what your primary light source is, you may never notice them. They are 1/4W LEDs (24 of them), so they aren't going to do much. For PCs or two bulb T5s, you might get some additional color. Not a chance with a 4 bulb T5 or a MH. They will be fine as a dawn/dusk light though.

You think maybe we can get these things this week or possibly a realistic timeframe.

I'm at the mercy of my anodizer now. During my visit Friday, they said the order would be complete by the end of this week. While they didn't come out and say it, it sounds like they haven't even started it yet. Needless to say, I'm a little annoyed. Like I have mentioned before, as soon as parts are in my hands, units will start ship about a week later.

Deleted User 6

If you give us the name of the anodizer, we can send angry letters.

Also, retros status if you get the chance would be great. Thanks!

they didn't give a time frame with when they would be done anodizing? seems a bit unprofessional if they didn't.

would another month be a reasonable time frame for everything to be completed? another 2 weeks (realistically) for anodizing and then another 2 weeks for you to put the parts together and ship?

if you don't mind me asking, what's been causing all the delays for this to take 5 months to get to this point? i recall somewhere around the 3 month mark, everything was supposed to be completed in a few weeks.

evil has said that if you wanted a refund, he will be gladly give it back to whom ever wanted one. also, he as given upteen updates including the weather, just look back a few posts.

evil has said that if you wanted a refund, he will be gladly give it back to whom ever wanted one. also, he as given upteen updates including the weather, just look back a few posts.

deep, i wasn't looking to get a refund or complain, but more so looking to understand the cause of the delays. from a buyer's standpoint, a person has got to wonder what's happening when a deadline is given and then as time draws near, its pushed back again.

once again, i want to reiterate this isn't a rage/complaint post, but curiosity.

Archived