Innovative Marine Aquariums

LED Group Buy

evilc66

yea, poor Evil he's only one person and looking at all the posts he is a little overwhelmed. I can understand why you won't see this anytime soon.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry I haven't been keeping up on this thread guys.

I have been having some issues recently with my post office taking an age to get things out of their sort facility, and then some delays elsewhere. I'm hoping these delays are over. I'm waiting on an order of screws (miscalculated the quantity I need) to come in, then more actinics are on the way out. Davidncbrown, I promiss, your Satellite retro is coming soon.

I have been having some issues recently with my post office taking an age to get things out of their sort facility, and then some delays elsewhere. I'm hoping these delays are over. I'm waiting on an order of screws (miscalculated the quantity I need) to come in, then more actinics are on the way out. Davidncbrown, I promiss, your Satellite retro is coming soon.

It's not April 1st so I assume you're not joking here.... frankly what I'm thinking is better off left unsaid. I'm sure I'm not alone.

whitiecasper82
It's not April 1st so I assume you're not joking here.... frankly what I'm thinking is better off left unsaid. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Wow, just stumbled on this thread and read the last few posts. Evil has gone out of his way to pioneer the way into LED lights for us. For months all I have seen is his name on posts helping explain problems or concepts to allow people to enjoy the benefits of LEDs. Not only that but he lead the way in organizing an LED group buy not too long ago. With the amount of time and money involved with the group buy, pulling it off without a hitch is no small task.

I imagine he works hard at a day job and has a family as well as the online community. His dedication to others has been amazing, and to question that.....

Your gripes may be warranted, perhaps you should have asked for a phone number before mailing off your gear. However your thinly veiled comments are not warranted.

As a Marine Officer that flies planes for a day job, I live and die by integrity. To see someone else's integrity thrown under the bus because you are unhappy about delayed shipping or a perceived bias you are doing yourself a disservice. Your screen name is your face in this community, and your reputation follows....

Evil, thanks for all the hard work and help.

Wow, just stumbled on this thread and read the last few posts.

Perhaps you should start from the beginning.... I'm not hear to attack evilc66. He fully understands the gravity of the situation. He's a significant contributor to the DIY community and this forum, I applaud him for that. Doesn't mean he's immune from criticism regarding this project, and he's willing to accept that as you can read.

i hope you didn't forget me either evil! i hope you got my correct address? before you send it out, please pm me thanks! happy early valentine! :wub::lol:

If you are so unhappy why not just ask for your money back?

Wow, just stumbled on this thread and read the last few posts. Evil has gone out of his way to pioneer the way into LED lights for us. For months all I have seen is his name on posts helping explain problems or concepts to allow people to enjoy the benefits of LEDs. Not only that but he lead the way in organizing an LED group buy not too long ago. With the amount of time and money involved with the group buy, pulling it off without a hitch is no small task.

I imagine he works hard at a day job and has a family as well as the online community. His dedication to others has been amazing, and to question that.....

Your gripes may be warranted, perhaps you should have asked for a phone number before mailing off your gear. However your thinly veiled comments are not warranted.

As a Marine Officer that flies planes for a day job, I live and die by integrity. To see someone else's integrity thrown under the bus because you are unhappy about delayed shipping or a perceived bias you are doing yourself a disservice. Your screen name is your face in this community, and your reputation follows....

Evil, thanks for all the hard work and help.

you should probably read more than a few posts before you put your two sense in. It's alot more than shipping problems or biases. I did receive mine and love them on the brighter corals but others just get drowned out with blue. Overall I am very happy with them and I hope whoever is left gets there's soon.

So let me get this straight.

Evil added 50 custom built LED fixtures at cost to the group buy.

Took orders on them.

And is still putting them together and shipping them out.

Is that what happened?

So let me get this straight.

Evil added 50 custom built LED fixtures at cost to the group buy.

Took orders on them.

And is still putting them together and shipping them out.

Is that what happened?

No, that part is not accurate.

I highlighted the part that was inaccurate.

How do you know if it is accurate or not since evil does not distribute the list of who is purchasing what?

No, that part is not accurate.

I went back to the first post in the thread. And http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=194607

It appears to be 3 LEDs mounted to an aluminum rail. With optics.

With a power supply.

And he makes them himself custom.

And then attaches them to your light fixtures which people sent him.

Which he charged 50 bucks for.

And then charged 10 bucks to ship them back to you after the work has been completed.

Is this more accurate, jamaica?

I counted a odd mix of 50 single and double fixtures from the list.

Is this part the inaccurate part?

Is this more accurate, jamaica?

More accurate, but not completely... I fail to see your intent here really, is this an attempt to indirectly state an opinion or to provide a synopsis of this thread?

More accurate, but not completely... I fail to see your intent here really, is this an attempt to indirectly state an opinion or to provide a synopsis of this thread?

He's saying that Evil is making 50 of these things for people at cost. He's not making any money off of it and he's been working hard to get them out. Sure it's taken a while but you can't get these anywhere else, no one sells them. If you could, and I'm sure you'll find some supplier who provides something completely different but along the same idea so you'll say you can get them, then GET YOUR MONEY BACK and buy one somewhere else. Otherwise hold your horses.

He's saying that Evil is making 50 of these things for people at cost. He's not making any money off of it and he's been working hard to get them out. Sure it's taken a while but you can't get these anywhere else, no one sells them. If you could, and I'm sure you'll find some supplier who provides something completely different but along the same idea so you'll say you can get them, then GET YOUR MONEY BACK and buy one somewhere else. Otherwise hold your horses.

Geez, you figure if someone wants to go out of their way to present an opinion on something in which they have absolutely no direct involvement with they would at least base that opinion on accurate information. This thread is 51 pages, if you're going to express an opinion based upon the first and last you're wasting your time and don't have a clue, so move on. The statements being made are incorrect and I shouldn't have to point out where the inaccuracies are to passersby. Not surprisingly your statement is the most blatantly incorrect. It's all here, in this thread, for all to see. This is ground zero for communication about this group buy. There is no debate that evil is a stand up guy, that he's producing something most of us desired but could never have, that he has offered everyone their money back if not satisfied, so on and so forth. Read this entire thread, every post, and pay close attention to dates and specifics then maybe you might understand the broader picture. Evil understands it, he gets made props for taking on this GB and handling any dissatisfaction professionally where others probably wouldn't have.

This is a message board. A discussion board. As long as the thread is not locked, deleted, and I am not banned...I will discuss or post posts in any thread I wish. I can derail topics if I choose. Bump a year old thread if I choose.

Anything I want to do. And you have no say as to whether or not I can. And so can you or anyone else. That is how message boards work. Dems the rules.

Back to the inaccuracies.

I have read through the pages and posts. And what I posted is what I have gleaned from the situation. Which appears to be causal to your dissatisfaction.

If you disagree, then please explain what is inaccurate.

Still from what I can gather. evil offered to make a DIY fixture for those who did not want to do the DIY, for virtually cost. Mount them DIY style to reefers' lights. And then ship them all back to their owners. And they have taken longer than he anticipated in making them. 9 months turnaround is reasonably longer than expected by anyone for anything unless they are expecting a baby.

Please do tell, what exactly is missing from this bigger picture?

You have an obvious interest in this thread. You have bumped it numerous times in the last month or so.

What is your beef?

Geez, you figure if someone wants to go out of their way to present an opinion on something in which they have absolutely no direct involvement with they would at least base that opinion on accurate information. This thread is 51 pages, if you're going to express an opinion based upon the first and last you're wasting your time and don't have a clue, so move on. The statements being made are incorrect and I shouldn't have to point out where the inaccuracies are to passersby. Not surprisingly your statement is the most blatantly incorrect. It's all here, in this thread, for all to see. This is ground zero for communication about this group buy. There is no debate that evil is a stand up guy, that he's producing something most of us desired but could never have, that he has offered everyone their money back if not satisfied, so on and so forth. Read this entire thread, every post, and pay close attention to dates and specifics then maybe you might understand the broader picture. Evil understands it, he gets made props for taking on this GB and handling any dissatisfaction professionally where others probably wouldn't have.

Yes it is all in the thread for everyone to see. Evil has updated time and time again about why it has taken as long as it has. He has had problems with suppliers and getting things annodized, he has been missing parts as well as having part of his roof cave in. Maybe you do need to explicitly state what you mean because you aren't making sense.

You have an obvious interest in this thread. You have bumped it numerous times in the last month or so.

What is your beef?

I'll tell you on the condition you get rid of that avatar.

Archived