Coral Vue Hydros

JBM's 40 breeder

JBM

just added the fish.... my 6 line roughed its self up while in the bucket. It has some abrasion on it's flank

anywho on with teh pichers

4965_113832365738_600630738_2835832_6117845_n.jpg

4965_113832370738_600630738_2835833_1426396_n.jpg

4965_113832375738_600630738_2835834_447845_n.jpg

4965_113832380738_600630738_2835835_6525382_n.jpg

4965_113832390738_600630738_2835836_6464818_n.jpg

i added some purple up, so it's still a wee bit cloudy.....

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nice! Welcome to the 40 breeder club! You set that up quick!

ya, i dont play around when im working on stuff for myself

After moar zoas, I think I'm gonna get more zoa's.

Throw in a few ricordia's

Maybe might start a acan garden.

My digital thermometer thingy broke, so I need to go to petco & buy a new one. :-(

Oh, anybody see why I can't add a 20L as a refugium? Like a 15 gallon refugium & 5g return area.

Sorry about the thermometer. I use a 20L as a sump/fuge for my 45, can't see why you couldn't for the 40. The only tricky part was finding a skimmer that fit nicely, I wound up getting a Tunze 9005.

:)

GIRLGONEAQUA

that is a gorgeous maroon you have! jealous, wish I could have one! they are so ADORABLE when they are babies!

what kind of corals you think you'll add to it?

i have a list

nuclear green (have)

purple hornet

armagedon

creamsicles

jokers (have)

balistic reds

slayers

rasta

purple death ( have)

purple sticky punch

safecrakers (have)

the shiznit

alfa & omega

candy apple reds

geicos

eclipse yellows

these are all different zoas i want

Wow -

You did set that up quick. Just move everything over? I started on page 7...

Seems to be working out well.

best-o-luck

Well the 40b is only 10 feet from where the old 29g was (still is, till dave picks it up) same room even.

3 buckets & 3 hours later it was all said and done. I even bought a cheesy 18w heater for the bucket with the fish.

I re-used everything from the 29g with the exception of 1/2 -1 lb of sand. I haven't lost anything yet, so I'm happy about that.

Come to think of it, my sg needs to be raised a little bit (it's currently 1.019) I keep my tanks around 1.022 - 1.023 & I haven't done a parameter test yet. I'll do one tonight, after I buy a new thermometer.

Wow -

You did set that up quick. Just move everything over? I started on page 7...

Seems to be working out well.

best-o-luck

Depending on what the water test says (if everything is still zero as it should be) I'll get a gaggle of chromis tommorow when I get home from work.

okay, so i tested the parameters

sg 1.019 (like i said before)

ammonia 0.0 ppm

nitrite 10ppm ( :-( )

nitrate 0.0 ppm

temp idk, feels about right, so im not to worried

i will re-test parameters tommorow. if it is still high i will transfer my livestock to a friends tank

but im sure that the tank is going thru a mini cycle, not worried

Oh you have no idea how huge the maroon really is. Alteast 4.5"

Not overly mean, but teritorial. If another fish comes near her, she will give a quick chase (like 6-8" burst chase). Then shrug it off and go back to what she was doing.

Both of them (maroons) DO EAT from my hand, so they can't be that horrible.

I wish my nitrites where lower. I would buy the 3 chromis I'm looking at now. Grrr, have to be responsible.

Maxi-jet 1200 with the mod to make it flow 1600 gph?

Or

Koralia #3?

Basically the same price, so I'm letting NR decide

I bought a K2 and a K3 for my 40B and I can't use the K3 because it creates a HUGE sandstorm in less than 15 seconds. I mean the whole tank is clouded almost instantly and it doesn't matter which way I point the pump! Granted I don't have much rock to disperse the flow but the K2 in the other corner is perfect. Taking back the K3 today and picking up another K2 to replace it. So I will have 2 K2s and a K-nano. Tank will have LPS with maybe 1 or 2 SPS to change things up. I also do not plan to fill the tank to the top with LR so I think its best for me to swap out the K3. I have never used a MJ for flow in a display but wouldn't it be too concentrated instead of disperesed like the K3?

Well the mj1200 would put out about 1200 gph.

I guess a k2 will have to sufice

I want chromis!

I may have an extra K-3 ... or K-4 ... don't remember ... lol ... I am getting a new Halide set WOOT!!! Pendants ... yay!!! :D It's actually a set of 3 250W HQI ... but I really only need 2 :D

Blah on the Chromis ... I got 2 of them ... I started with 11 ... lol ... and that was a 90G ;) ... Stupid fish ... they get mean as they grow too ... sheesh :D

Archived