inTank Media Baskets

JBM's 40 breeder

JBM

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What a great father's day gift! :D

How come mother's day didn't = an upgrade for me? :unsure:

I would think all will be fine when you transfer over, but if you find you need something held for you, there's room in my tank. I'm in the city, near David. I'm stocking verrrry slowly. :lol: Just know I have T5s, not metal halide.

:)

Yea, it was a great tank. But unfortunatly I can't stick with such a small tank. I'm hoping the 40 breeder will satisfy my fish & coral urge (I should have ignored my wife & bought the 40 breeder to start with)

Nice tank. I am working on getting my 29 set up so I can get everything out of my 20H.

Ap123

Should have made hints at your hubby to get a bigger tank. My wife knows when we move into our first house, there will be a fish room. Minimum tank size is a 180.

She also knows that my daughters 5th b-day, she will be getting a tank (fresh water)

Sadly, hubby is very, very good at ignoring hints. :(

On the bright side, he is enjoying the tank with me, which neither one of us expected. :D

Good job if your daughter is going to be happy with a freshwater tank, mine is on a campaign for a seahorse tank. :lol:

Yea I thought about going to a 40b. I found someone selling one with a 29 sump and closed loop,but I don't know if i wanna spend the money since I already have the 29g sitting in the living room. I already have it drilled and have a 10g sump I already cut the baffles for. I just need to glue them in. I also need to find a way to hang my 24" sunpod considering I am living in an apartment and can't hang it from the ceiling.

Nothing a little bit of paint & spackle can't fix. I used 2 screw in hooks, some black 15lb rated chain & a few S hooks. I choose the 15 lbs chain because I was using 2 seperate lenths, and the weight is distributed equally.

On the other hand you can use some emt conduit, bolt it down to your stand & hang it from there with some chain.

OR, you could get a sheet of acrylic (or plexiglass). Cut 2 Strips 30" x 1". 2 strips 12" x 1". Make a rim. Then afix 2 uprights X high by 12" wide to hold the fixture up over the water.

Yea I thought about going to a 40b. I found someone selling one with a 29 sump and closed loop,but I don't know if i wanna spend the money since I already have the 29g sitting in the living room. I already have it drilled and have a 10g sump I already cut the baffles for. I just need to glue them in. I also need to find a way to hang my 24" sunpod considering I am living in an apartment and can't hang it from the ceiling.

Ap123:

Funny thing is 6 years ago, me & my wife (then gf) wanted a puppy. You know to show responsibility & to have fun with. Land lord said no pets, so I asked about fish. He was cool with that cause they don't ruin the house or make a mess.

So $400 later we brought home a petco 29 gallon kit, 30 lbs of that live sand & 30 gallons of the "pre-mixed saltwater".

Yea, we got duped, but it worked well for 3 years. Then I found a great lfs, I learn a lot. The first day there I talked to the guys that worked there for 3 hours learning everything I could.

Many years & 4 different tanks later, I think I'm a pretty good reefer. My wife has lost interest in the tank over the years & calls it"just another piece of furniture". But I love it.

That is a great story, JBM! :D

I guess I shouldn't be surprised by hubby's interest in the tank. He didn't want the dog, either--yet HE's the one the dog sits next to at dinnertime, because he's the one who invariably shares. :P

I bet your wife would miss that "piece of furniture" if you decided not to keep a tank anymore. :) Didya ever get the puppy?

~Anne

I bet your wife would miss that "piece of furniture" if you decided not to keep a tank anymore. :) Didya ever get the puppy?

~Anne

no, we got this instead

2874_97540300738_600630738_2558035_1662455_n.jpg

so no puppy for a few years

no, we got this instead

Well if you want my opinion ... should have gone with the puppy ... sorry ...

LOL!!! J/K ... very cute kid!!! VErY cute!!! :D

Paired maroon clowns

6 line wrasse

4 stripe damsel

Jawfish (unsure of which yet)

A couple of blue/green chromis

Maybe a small hippo tang (size of a quarter) & that's only if I can sell my maroons.

scratch the chromis.... gonna go with a long nose hawkfish.

i just dont want to push the bioload

no, we got this instead

Hey, I've got three of those too! The nice part is they don't shed. The bad part, they have to be bathed more frequently. ;)

Love the idea of a long nosed hawkfish instead of the chromis. More interesting, imo. :D

~Anne

...that's what they all say. ;)

I never dreamed I would ever want a tank bigger than 45g either.

Me, 8 months ago, looking at DCG1286's new 90g: "OMG it's huge. I can't imagine taking care of that!"

Me, now, looking at the same 90g: "You know, it isn't so big. In fact it's a very practical size for a nano."

:P

Way cuter & smarter. A dog can't get me a beer, but bianca can

Don't be mad. It's just like a Chinese Crested. But cuter. :D
Way cuter & smarter. A dog can't get me a beer, but bianca can

Are you encouraging underage drinking?!?! Wow ... I never would have expected this from you ... The Tang Police won't be the only coppers on your a$$ ;)

LMAO!!!

Longnose Hawkfish ... sounds like a nice idea ... personally I wouldn't get one ... I do enjoy having my skrimps around ... which would unfortunately become a nice little meal for the Hawk. :D

-David

well here it is

picture of it home safe & sound

4965_113748920738_600630738_2834082_7213690_n.jpg

after fresh water rinse mh fixture hung & blue background applied

4965_113748925738_600630738_2834083_7518505_n.jpg

anne this one is for you, could not find the sea turtle, but i found nemo (he was hiding under the bed)

4965_113750690738_600630738_2834092_1756036_n.jpg

DAVE!

check your PM's

i have a stand for your frag tank.

Whee!!!!!! You move quickly, don't you? Home, tested, and pics. :o:D

LOL on Nemo, I hope the little one didn't see you do that, or you'll find her whole menagerie in there tomorrow morning. ;):lol:

So, didya finish the aquascape yet? :P

no bianca didnt see that, her & jen where out to breakfast.

i did a 1/2 ass'ed scape. gonna wait a few days & see if it grows on me & if everything survives.

fish are still in a 5g bucket (im waiting for the water to clear up more)

things are looking up

Archived