Innovative Marine Aquariums

JBM's 40 breeder

JBM

it was a shameless ploy to get free beer!

Hmm, wasn't it you who offered to catch my coral beauty earlier? :huh::P

PS: I posted new pics today! (shameless attempt to direct you to my thread)

i decided over night (while sleeping) that it isnt worth the agrivation & i'll keep the tank as is.

I'll take the clowns out when i move.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, come into the city, I'll offer beer. :D

I think it makes sense to wait until you move to take the clowns out. Less stress on whatever you wind up adding--not to mention you. :P

Armor of god's sprouted 2 new baby polyps.

I'm still suprized that my nuclear greens haven't made any new baby's yet.

Frog spawn is lookin good.

Mental note:

W/c due friday/saturday (clean fluval aswell)

So a 20k?

I think I still have the 20k coralife bulb lying around somewhere. I'll swap that in over the weekend; cause I don't get home early enough during the week to swap it out.

so everybody seems to be liking the new salt. everything is still happy.

Now the test is upon us.

Im going to vegas in 12 hours. (thats aproximatley 3,000 miles away)

I have enlisted the help of my best friend to feed the tank everyday between 4pm & 10pm.

i also made 5g of ro last night so that way he can top off on saturday.

i just hope to god i dont come home to another mess. I would be heart broken & probably stop fish keeping all together if it goes sour again.

so everybody seems to be liking the new salt. everything is still happy.

Now the test is upon us.

Im going to vegas in 12 hours. (thats aproximatley 3,000 miles away)

I have enlisted the help of my best friend to feed the tank everyday between 4pm & 10pm.

i also made 5g of ro last night so that way he can top off on saturday.

i just hope to god i dont come home to another mess. I would be heart broken & probably stop fish keeping all together if it goes sour again.

Have Fun Bro!!! Don't think about the tank what-so-ever ... Enjoy Vegas!!!

thanks for the wishes everybody.

I know i will have a blast (even tho im only going for my brothers wedding)

i think i want tubs blues when i get back. & maybe another sps (as mine is starting to color up again, i can actually see green)

Going to a 1.6 million gallon aquarium that has 10 different species of shark

Can you get the measurements for me ... thanks ... I am thinking of putting one in myself. ;)

I IS BAK!

massive vodka was consumed while in vegas.

if anybody is ever in vegas PLEASE go & see the mandalay bay shark reef. While the name itself is a let down & there is ZERO coral. The sharks are epic. All of the angel fish & tangs are super healthy. I finally got to see a unicorn tang in captivity. It was huge, im talking 10-13" long. I KNOW I KNOW, the unicorn tang is nothing super special, but i have always loved the fish.

Oh btw, my tank is fine (it needs a w/c & a top off) but otherwise everything is fine.

so w/c tommorow

I IS BAK!

massive vodka was consumed while in vegas.

if anybody is ever in vegas PLEASE go & see the mandalay bay shark reef. While the name itself is a let down & there is ZERO coral. The sharks are epic. All of the angel fish & tangs are super healthy. I finally got to see a unicorn tang in captivity. It was huge, im talking 10-13" long. I KNOW I KNOW, the unicorn tang is nothing super special, but i have always loved the fish.

Oh btw, my tank is fine (it needs a w/c & a top off) but otherwise everything is fine.

so w/c tommorow

Niceeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ... vodka dosing in Vegas is VERY important!

vodka dosing in Vegas is VERY important!

i was on a strict regimine of dosing every 15-20 minutes.

i got very few pics of the tanks because they werent very well lit. SO i had to use the flash. i'll go thru my camera in a few days & see what i can come up with.

im thinking of following m'akpinoy. In reguards to how he ditched his fluval canister filter.

Im just a little concerned about mechanical filtration. I dont like hob's & dont have the space to hand a external overflow. Is the subcurrent intank filter awsome? Or should i just say screw the mechanical filtration all together?

These are the questions.

I've heard that Subcurrent is good for smaller tanks, but that it is picky about the water level.

Needreefunds has used one, talk to him.

gonna cut off the fluval later today & go with no mechanical filtration.

I hope this works

Go for it, canisters need to be cleaned way too often to be practical on a reef system.

Archived