Pod Your Reef

JBM's 40 breeder

JBM

debating on which bulb to get,

ushio 14k

or

pheonix 14k

i believe there is a pheonix 14k in there now.

i also have a spare coralife 20k. what does NR think?

Phoenix 14k ... great DE bulb ... loved it when I had an HQI Fixture ... I am thinking of trading mine for an HQI ... Coralife 20k (chuck it ... lol)

Nice pics!!! Tank is coming along ... I saw you were selling your Maroon Clowns ... wise decision ... they grow so big and are such nasty bastids ... get some peaceful fish ... maybe a small school of Longspine Cardinals. Those are really really cool! :D

-David

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yay for water changes! just completed one a few mins ago. now im set till next wednesday when i clean the fluval & do another mini wc

i do think im gonna chuck the coralife.... but it is a spare bulb, cant hurt to keep it around.

now the quest for some nano fish begins.

so far this tank is doing way better than the hexagon ever did,

fingerscrossed

i have yet to experience a HA, RS, or GA outbreak of any kind.

maybe it's time to pick up a cheap sps? i mean everything (with the exception of the sand bed & tank) started way back in october. SO i consider this tank to be 7 months old

or am i rushing things?

i did consider a clam, but my temp swings are a wee bit to wide (73.5-74 at night, MAX of 77-77.5 during the day) for my own comfort.

yay for water changes! just completed one a few mins ago. now im set till next wednesday when i clean the fluval & do another mini wc

i do think im gonna chuck the coralife.... but it is a spare bulb, cant hurt to keep it around.

now the quest for some nano fish begins.

Well I don't mean chuck it ... only in case of an emergency I would use it ...

Nano Fish ... eh? Did someone buy the Maroons? You getting rid of the Damsel as well?

You like Gobies? I think a pair of Neon Gobies would be pretty cool ... of course with some other fish ... it's cool to see them hitching a ride on other fish to clean them. I am thinking of getting a pair of them ... I wonder how many I could do ... like a small little colony of them. lol

Check out what Makoy has ... he has the same size tank as you ... he used to actually have a pair of Bartlett Anthias (I am pretty sure they are Bartletts) until one of them jumped :( He has/had them for a long time now in that tank.

so far this tank is doing way better than the hexagon ever did,

fingerscrossed

i have yet to experience a HA, RS, or GA outbreak of any kind.

maybe it's time to pick up a cheap sps? i mean everything (with the exception of the sand bed & tank) started way back in october. SO i consider this tank to be 7 months old

CHeap SPS eh? :D

Well I don't mean chuck it ... only in case of an emergency I would use it ...

Nano Fish ... eh? Did someone buy the Maroons? You getting rid of the Damsel as well?

You like Gobies? I think a pair of Neon Gobies would be pretty cool ... of course with some other fish ... it's cool to see them hitching a ride on other fish to clean them. I am thinking of getting a pair of them ... I wonder how many I could do ... like a small little colony of them. lol

Check out what Makoy has ... he has the same size tank as you ... he used to actually have a pair of Bartlett Anthias (I am pretty sure they are Bartletts) until one of them jumped :( He has/had them for a long time now in that tank.

CHeap SPS eh? :D

somebody from conneticuit showed interest on MR, then fell of the face of the earth.

I have a special attachment to the 4 stripe (aka jailbait). It was my first sw fish. i have had it since it was the size of a penny (maybe a wee bit smaller)

i was thinking about getting a jawfish, or maybe a pair of yellow clown gobies. but thats about it. I almost want to focus more on the corals now.

somebody from conneticuit showed interest on MR, then fell of the face of the earth.

I have a special attachment to the 4 stripe (aka jailbait). It was my first sw fish. i have had it since it was the size of a penny (maybe a wee bit smaller)

i was thinking about getting a jawfish, or maybe a pair of yellow clown gobies. but thats about it. I almost want to focus more on the corals now.

LoL!!! Who was it? I hate when people do that ... but what can you do? I will admit I have had good luck with people on MR ... Only once did someone think I was going to chase them across Manhattan to get them a piece of coral ... I was like ... yeah ... I am going home ... GFY ;)

I like Jawfishies ... cute ... and an awesome personality!

Fair enough on the Damsel ... as long as he doesn't kill your new fish :huh::D

Beautiful pics!

Jawfish are cool. How about a gumdrop_______? I don't remember exactly what it is, but Makoy has a photo in his thread, it's outrageous looking--right in line with your intense color theme. :)

~Anne

Beautiful pics!

Jawfish are cool. How about a gumdrop_______? I don't remember exactly what it is, but Makoy has a photo in his thread, it's outrageous looking--right in line with your intense color theme. :)

~Anne

Gumdrop Coral Croucher ... also poisonous ;) GET THEM!!!

well...

wife said the M word to me

M as in mandarin. I told her No, not hapening.

grrr i call shenanigans on the whole fish keeping process

well...

wife said the M word to me

M as in mandarin. I told her No, not hapening.

grrr i call shenanigans on the whole fish keeping process

lol ... nice ... fish are fun ... they keep the tank active ... get a nice pair of Percs, some Neon gobies ... Tailspot Blenny, maybe a Golden Assessor if you dig those fish ... Blue Spotted Jawfish ... these are some of my nano favs ... :D Yashe Gobies ... Helfrichi Firefish (don't tell your wife how much ;) )

i only have a 29g

how many fish you think im getting in there? gosh!

2 Perc

2 Neon Gobies

1 Bluespot

1 Tailspot

1 Helfrichi firefish

Sounds good to me. :D

I see nothing wrong here. B)

2 Perc

2 Neon Gobies

1 Bluespot

1 Tailspot

1 Helfrichi firefish

Sounds good to me. :D

I see nothing wrong here. B)

forgeting my 4 stripe & 6 line wrasse!

i'll go with a few gobies, instead

still deciding on a sps

a lfs has some cheap frags, but i have no idea what they are.

is acans sps? or lps?

so today was my birthday

i tried really hard to buy a frag, went to 5 different stores that sold coral. nothing peaked my interest

almost bought a 1.5-2" acro frag, but when i turned it around i noticed that it was starting to bleach out. NOT GOOD.

Meh, im gonna try one last place tommorow (i took the day off for a relaxing weekend)

that or i might get a yellow watchman goby

Bought some sps last night

An unknown bright green acro. And a redish monti-cap.

If they are still alive & kicking in 2 weeks, I'll pick up somemore.

Pichers tonight of said new sps.

n600630738_2740182_6108856.jpg

4650_108368895738_600630738_2740183_7313816_n.jpg

cheesy pictures of the tank in the morning with the lights off, used the flash. The good camera is in south carolina with my wife

n600630738_2740182_6108856.jpg

4650_108368895738_600630738_2740183_7313816_n.jpg

cheesy pictures of the tank in the morning with the lights off, used the flash. The good camera is in south carolina with my wife

Happy Belated Birfday man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pics look cool ... nice little SPS frags ... now get your camera back :D

Also to answer question from before Acans are LPS ;)

well after being for sale for a little over a MONTH.

someone is comming to look at the clowns tonight. they need to go, as the female is starting to move stuff, like sand & corals.

well after being for sale for a little over a MONTH.

someone is comming to look at the clowns tonight. they need to go, as the female is starting to move stuff, like sand & corals.

YAY!!! :D Make sure you have the Klondike bar in your hand as they enter!!!

Guaranteed they will buy them ;)

YAY!!! :D Make sure you have the Klondike bar in your hand as they enter!!!

Guaranteed they will buy them ;)

the person coming is lactose intolerant. he specifically said "no klondike bar"

Archived