SaltCritters.com

JBM's 40 breeder

JBM

the person coming is lactose intolerant. he specifically said "no klondike bar"

LMAO ... You are kidding right?! :D For some reason I would believe you would get the one person that doesn't want the Klondike Bar ... so did they buy them? :D

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
LMAO ... You are kidding right?! :D For some reason I would believe you would get the one person that doesn't want the Klondike Bar ... so did they buy them? :D

NOPE!

pulled the typical MR move. promised me that he was coming. then never showed.

My clowns are going in that 50g cube, that or atlantis marine world (hey atleast i would get a few free tickets)

NOPE!

My clowns are going in that 50g cube, that or atlantis marine world (hey atleast i would get a few free tickets)

LoL!!! The typical MR move ... that's a good one ... it happens, what can I say? It's happened to me before a number of times ... even for free stuff ... I have done it before ... usually I will call though just to say something came up, you know?

Well in either case, don't sweat it. MR had a total wave of nOOb's joining the site not sure about what they are doing, and then they probably ask one of their nOOb friends if they should be this or that and then there you go ... I am so making this up right now ... lol ... but to be honest with you I think that site is 95% nOOb. The tang police should go check out those tanks over there ... it would be quite funny!

Someone is bound to come along and buy them. Always!

sakura51707
NOPE!

Sucks that he didn't show BUT did you harass the guy the next day for 3 hours because he didn't?!? That's what one of the moderators did to me on Manhattan Reefs. I was suppose to buy a red goni from him, he needed it to be picked up that day ASAP but I couldn't because I had to work late and told him I would send Dave instead. The night of the pick up it was pouring buckets in the city so Dave called the guy and arranged to meet up the next morning. Saturday morning came, Dave received a last minute call for a gig, called the guy, explained and apologized and that was that. A few hours passed and I received a PM from the moderator telling me in a very cordial manner "Just wanted to let you know, Dave called and told me he couldn't make it. If I do not hear from you I will just sell the goni to the next person in line." I did not send him a PM back because I had to work from noon until 1am that night and after a 12 hour work day the last thing I was thinking of doing, when I got home, was sending someone a PM. At 9:30am on Sunday, just seconds after I had woken up I get a message from this guy asking me if I still wanted the goni. I said "I'm sorry for not responding to your PM but I got back from work really late. As for the goni, after speaking to a few people, I will pass because I did not realize how difficult that coral was to keep. I'm so sorry for the trouble." Did the conversation end there?!? NO! It continued for the next THREE hours...

He threatened me, cursed me out, cursed Dave out, (please note: while he was throwing a tantrum like a 3 year old I remained calm and continued to apologize), explained to me how valuable his time was and how worthless everyone else's were, crucified me for not having done my research, etc. etc. THREE HOURS!! And when he continued I went to the other mods and told them to please make him stop but do you think they were helpful?!? NO! THEY DID NOTHING EXCEPT SAY WHOOPS, SORRY, NOTHING WE CAN DO!! So...

Down with MR....NR rocks B)

sad part is,

i know exactly which moderator you speak of.

Im only apart of MR for the ubber cheap deals on corals locally. and there beloved frag swap. where i spend in excess of $200 each swap (i know im horrible)

sad part is,

Im only apart of MR for the ubber cheap deals on corals locally. and there beloved frag swap. where i spend in excess of $200 each swap (i know im horrible)

It's ok ... my friend ... wait til you hit $1000 bill ... then you will feel the burn from the fire in your pocket ... the pain from the slap in the face from your wife ;)

Yeah ... I am sure you know of which moderator this is ... lol ... That whole episode was just so unnecessary ... I guarantee you this person would NOT act like this face-to-face ... gotta love the keyboard warriors with their narcissistic personality. :D

sakura51707
sad part is,

Haha...Too bad Dave and I couldn't make it to the swap. We've never been and were totally looking forward to it this past spring, except something came up. At least we didn't get a negative reefer rating for it ;) The mod threatened to do that since I purposely wasted his precious time and believe me he had me shaking in my boots. :o I said to myself and Dave "What am I to do now with my life, I got a negative feedback and my reefer rating went down...Life as I know it IS OVER!!" :lol:

But have you noticed lately in Marketplace that all the USED equipment that people have up for sale are the SAME prices or close to it if you were to purchase the items BRAND NEW in a store?!? Weird...

Haha...Too bad Dave and I couldn't make it to the swap. We've never been and were totally looking forward to it this past spring, except something came up. At least we didn't get a negative reefer rating for it ;) The mod threatened to do that since I purposely wasted his precious time and believe me he had me shaking in my boots. :o I said to myself and Dave "What am I to do now with my life, I got a negative feedback and my reefer rating went down...Life as I know it IS OVER!!" :lol:

But have you noticed lately in Marketplace that all the USED equipment that people have up for sale are the SAME prices or close to it if you were to purchase the items BRAND NEW in a store?!? Weird...

Hey ... I can't live without 100% ratings ... it would just show what type of person I am :( lol ... whatever ...

So what is your next fish JBM for this baby once the Maroons are out? :D If you need to move them out or something ... I could set up a tank to hold them or something ... maybe more enticing for people in the city to buy them you know?

Hey ... I can't live without 100% ratings ... it would just show what type of person I am :( lol ... whatever ...

So what is your next fish JBM for this baby once the Maroons are out? :D If you need to move them out or something ... I could set up a tank to hold them or something ... maybe more enticing for people in the city to buy them you know?

Silly dave,

I'm not gonna bring the clowns to your apartment so you can set up the cube. Tho I think they would look awsome in there ( the cube that is) so when the tank comes out to li, it will be it's first fish (if your gf will take them in)

I think either a mandarin, or a jawfish & a yellow watchman goby are in order.

Meh, wth when I get home I'll go get the little bugger, then after the clowns are in there new home. I will build my version of the "jawfish condo". Basically like the others (1/2" pvc with barnicle entrance) but it will be 12-15" in length & that's it.

Btw to all, I am Mark, Bianca (my daughter, is in my avatar) and my wifes name is Jen. Thus obtaining JBM.

so instead of getting the YWG as planned (gather round the fire, story time)

My wife was walking around the 10,000 gallon sw fish selection of pets warehouse (yea it's huge). she saw a few fish she was interested in. Namely a hippo tang & flame angel. There where others, but she really likes those 2 fish. So now im in search for a 50 breeder (cause it's the tank i wanted to upgrade from the 35 hex) i found somebody in jersey that has one. Looks like i might be keeping the maroons, but upgrading to a 50 breeder & adding those 2 fish. I would go bigger but dont like the idea of having a single 250w MH blasting away at the center brace of a 55g. I also cant afford to buy a new dual 150 fixture. unless i found some noob who wanted to trade me. but thats highly unlikely. As soon as anybody hears the word "aquatrader" they all run for the hills.

YES i have an aquatraders fixture, but it's an aro ballast & pheonix bulb, i rewired everything my self so there is no chance of fire.

tang police will be all over my 'ish like white on rice i suppose. But if i get a baby (size of a quarter) i dont really see the problem with keeping the hipo for a year or so.

thus my saga of the reef never ends.

so instead of getting the YWG as planned (gather round the fire, story time)

My wife was walking around the 10,000 gallon sw fish selection of pets warehouse (yea it's huge). she saw a few fish she was interested in. Namely a hippo tang & flame angel. There where others, but she really likes those 2 fish. So now im in search for a 50 breeder (cause it's the tank i wanted to upgrade from the 35 hex) i found somebody in jersey that has one. Looks like i might be keeping the maroons, but upgrading to a 50 breeder & adding those 2 fish. I would go bigger but dont like the idea of having a single 250w MH blasting away at the center brace of a 55g. I also cant afford to buy a new dual 150 fixture. unless i found some noob who wanted to trade me. but thats highly unlikely. As soon as anybody hears the word "aquatrader" they all run for the hills.

YES i have an aquatraders fixture, but it's an aro ballast & pheonix bulb, i rewired everything my self so there is no chance of fire.

tang police will be all over my 'ish like white on rice i suppose. But if i get a baby (size of a quarter) i dont really see the problem with keeping the hipo for a year or so.

thus my saga of the reef never ends.

Don't worry if the Tang Police come knocking on your door ... just drop it into my tank ;) ... lol :D

SWEET ... UPGRADE!!! WOOT!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decided that I'm going to mimick another reefer's set-up here.

40 breeder, 250w mh, 4 koralia's ( 2x k1's, 2x k mini's) , and a aquaclear 110 hob to house my heater & chemipure.

Gonna ditch the fluval 305.

So who wants to hold onto my frags while I swap over? I believe my fish can handle the transfer, but I'm sure there will be a cycle from going from aprox 24 gallons of water to well over 35

So who wants to hold onto my frags while I swap over? I believe my fish can handle the transfer, but I'm sure there will be a cycle from going from aprox 24 gallons of water to well over 35

They should make it just fine.I swapped all my stock from my 14 gal to my breeder with no issues.I added all my new lr after it cycled in a bin a week or two after the transfer of my cube was done.I only saw a very minor cycle which nothing ever showed any sign of stress.I was worried at first but went well this way.

good luck

Now that I think about it. I don't think I will have a problem. I'm gonna re-use everything in the bigger tank.

Sand bed & all. I like my sand mixture.......3 bags tan beach sand to 1 1/2 bags black tahitan sand. It's about 50 -60 lbs of sand. Should work out nicely in the breeder, plus give me enough depth to burry my jawfish mansion.

I've decided that I'm gonna build a huge condo. I'm talking 2 square's (15 x 15) inter conected in the middle

I'm not adding any new lr, just more water. So I'll be fine.

They should make it just fine.I swapped all my stock from my 14 gal to my breeder with no issues.I added all my new lr after it cycled in a bin a week or two after the transfer of my cube was done.I only saw a very minor cycle which nothing ever showed any sign of stress.I was worried at first but went well this way.

good luck

Stocking list:

Paired maroon clowns

6 line wrasse

4 stripe damsel

Jawfish (unsure of which yet)

A couple of blue/green chromis

Maybe a small hippo tang (size of a quarter) & that's only if I can sell my maroons.

Stocking list:

Paired maroon clowns

6 line wrasse

4 stripe damsel

Maybe a small hippo tang (size of a quarter) & that's only if I can sell my maroons.

UPRADE ... WOOOOOOOTTTTT!!!

BTW I edited your stock list ... ummmm ... if you feel offended I give you permission to take the butt of a beer bottle and smash me in the teeth ... then proceed to take me outside and beat me senseless ... k? Cool :owned:

Stocking list:

Paired maroon clowns

6 line wrasse

4 stripe damsel

3 Hippo Tangs

WTF?! I thought only wanted one ... stop being so greedy ...

:lol:

Archived