ReefCleaners.org

LED Pico Light

evilc66

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sanjay is not intimidating in the slightest...super funny and friendly guy. :D Evil, are you going to have him run some tests on any of these bulbs?

Sanjay is one nice dude. I was very pleased to meet him this weekend.

Don't know about running tests, as I can do everything that he can (working with Chris means I have access to his spectrometer :naughtydance: ), but he is excited to play with one over his own tank.

"Lighting By Evil"...love it. :) Glad to see them on the site!

I've got a 12x12x12 cube, ADA 30C. Would one Par 38 be cool for non-SPS purposes? Is the 20k too blue to be used on its own?

WOOO HOOO i just ordered my PAR38 from nanotuners! Going to hang it over 3gal pico so Question how high do i start for acclimation? and how low would be the lowest I would go ?

Thanks Evil and thanks to nanotuners !!

We got scoped out by Reefbuilders :)

"Lighting By Evil"...love it. :) Glad to see them on the site!

I've got a 12x12x12 cube, ADA 30C. Would one Par 38 be cool for non-SPS purposes? Is the 20k too blue to be used on its own?

Should work well for non-sps setups. You might need to raise it up a ways for coverage, but with the extra output, you can do that.

As far as the color, don't worry about PAR. It doesn't matter what the color temp is, the PAR is the same. Just pick what works for you.

Thanks for the update on the availability of the lights on NanoTuners.com. My order has been placed.

Great! They should be shipping very very soon. Let mw know how you like it.

WOOO HOOO i just ordered my PAR38 from nanotuners! Going to hang it over 3gal pico so Question how high do i start for acclimation? and how low would be the lowest I would go ?

Thanks Evil and thanks to nanotuners !!

I'd start at about 18" above the tank, and see how the corals react. Adjust from there. Lower a few inches a week. Lowest will be whatever gets you the best coverage and what the tank can handle.

would a single par38 cover a 12x9 display area?

Yes, depending on how high you mount the lamp over the tank. Obviously, the higher you mount it, the greater the spread.

The PAR38 E26 LED spotlight from Nano Customs may not sound like a very exciting piece of equipment, but this combination of high power blue and white LEDs in a incandescent base spotlight was one of the more original products at this year’s MACNA.

You're officially "the man", now. :)

Any shots depicting the actual look of the 12k vs. 20k? Trying to decide if the 20k is too blue to bring out other colors.

Clive, did Eric Michael from GlassBoxDesign stop by? I believe he is going to post something up on his site later this week regarding the lights.

Nice to already to see a write up on Reefbuilders

Mike

Eric did stop by. He was every bit as excited to see a product like this as Jake from Reefbuilders. Eric is a big fan of the Japanese spotlight method of lighting and can't wait to try the lamp out on his reef. I was hoping to see the article up by now, but I'm sure he is tired from the weekend. I sure am.

You're officially "the man", now. :)

Any shots depicting the actual look of the 12k vs. 20k? Trying to decide if the 20k is too blue to bring out other colors.

They had a side by side picture of the two lamps on the RB page, but it's hard to tell them apart. I'll try and get a good comparison shot over my tank of the two. The nice thing is, even with the "whiter" 12K, you still get all the fluorescence. The 20K looks very similar to a Phoenix 14K.

1 PAR38 lamp for a Picotope?

I have a 36w dual satellite now...would like to get the best lighting available.

1 will be more than enough. You might have to hang the lamp about 12-18" above the tank to get PAR levels to a reasonable level.

Do you have a ballpark date of when these will ship?

I have a pretty blue 250w 20k so thinking about spotlighting a few SPS islands with the 12k and maybe the 20k but not sure how it will vary with my 20k halide, if at all. Need to decide if I need two 12k's or two 20k's or one of each...

They are selling quick

Thanks for the free shipping on my order for my lights, Chris.

Mike

Not a problem. A deal is a deal is a deal. When you first ordered, you had 1 unit and it wasn't over 149.95 (free shipping).

When you ordered your second one, it was only fair and right to credit your shipping back.

We always try to do the right thing here at NT/NC.

Thanks everyone.

I NEVER do this.

But whoever is "thinking about it" should just do it. I can probably count on my hand the units left. After that, the air is a bit fuzzy on the next run. Of course in our planing, we expected popularity, but we felt that the unit was so sucessful that it warranted VERY VERY attractive pricing.

It may be weeks before we see more.

Chris

Archived