SaltCritters.com

LED Pico Light

evilc66

I plan on selling them, but I need to figure a few things out yet.

With the JBJ pico, will we still need 2 of these fixtures for the right spread, or will 1 suffice? Thanks

• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure yet. That's why I want to do more tests. I got the new lamp in today too, so I'm doing more tests on this one too.

gr33nMoNste12

Holy moly! I wonder if I can even get my hands on one of these! haha It seems like they're going to go quickly.

Just curious...where do you find the time to do all of this?!? You're amazing! (I read the previous thread for Pico LED v.1) Good job, evil! [=

Dammit! MOAR POWER is MOAR BETTER for my LED-powered pico forest! Oh well, at .6 gallons these first gen lamps should be able to get me my acro forest. I had them in a few desk lamps over the pico dry and I think they look great. Can't wait to see the next step up.

Bill

Man

I wish I were in US.

Can you make a 220 volt version? I am in Thailand and very interested to own one of this.

My tank is 14x10 inch 5 gallons.

All of the lamps that I have been reworking have been wide voltage so they can be shipped anywhere in the world. Depending on what my light spread measurements end up being, you might need two of the bigger lamps to cover the length of your tank.

Just curious...where do you find the time to do all of this?!? You're amazing! (I read the previous thread for Pico LED v.1) Good job, evil! [=

You know, that's a good question. Usually it's 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Like that new lamp I got. It only took me 20 minutes to remove all the stock LEDs and replace them with the ones I want with my reflow skillet (it works so awesome).

You know, that's a good question. Usually it's 5 minutes here, 10 minutes there. Like that new lamp I got. It only took me 20 minutes to remove all the stock LEDs and replace them with the ones I want with my reflow skillet (it works so awesome).

Skillz haha put me down for 2 of the bigger lamps!

hehe think you better get in line Nosser ;) Think he will anounse in this thread when he is ready to take orders, so I guess we have to wait :(

BTW, no to orfend you or anything, but Nosser meens Balls in danish :D

hehe think you better get in line Nosser ;) Think he will anounse in this thread when he is ready to take orders, so I guess we have to wait :(

:lol: OMFG too funny!

I'm going to be doing the next order for these a little differently. Instead of doing these on demand, I will be buying a fixed lot and offering them up first come first served. It's easier on me, and you get them a lot sooner.

:(

Don't worry dude. Soon :)

:owned: ? hey evil how many of these new unit do you think it would take to equal a 70 halide over a BC8?

Not sure yet. First thing I need to figure is the amount of coverage I get from these units.

i really lol'd.... I got the name from back in the days at the illegal street races... I used to run a Nissan Se-R with a direct port NOS (Nitrous Oxide Systems) kit. not naz... they'd say "hey Nos Bryan or Nosser.... damn they were just calling me "balls" hahahahaha

back to topic... I just wanted it to be know that I am ready to buy but I will be patiently waiting in line...

Well, I'm going to be a bit of a c0ck tease now. Here is the new PAR30 lamp I have been testing that posted those PAR numbers you see above.

DSC_0099.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

Nice, but I'm loving this bad boy :)

DSC_0095.jpg

DSC_0096_1.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

This is a PAR38 lamp that I just got in. It has a much better heatsink, and the white finish is pretty hot in my book. Power draw is the same as the other lamp. I have yet to full test this one.

Here are some side by side comparison shots, including the original PAR20 Pico Lamp

DSC_0103.jpg

DSC_0104.jpg

What a tease...that new one looks pretty darn sweet - now if you can just make them dimmable...

Based on how well the first one is doing on my Betta Cube, I'm dreaming of a couple for my JBJ Picotope.

What a tease...that new one looks pretty darn sweet - now if you can just make them dimmable...

Based on how well the first one is doing on my Betta Cube, I'm dreaming of a couple for my JBJ Picotope.

Actually, the PAR30 lamp is dimmable. You can use a standard wall dimmer to change the intensity. It's not smooth, but it works.

would the big white one be overkill on a 1g cube? lol, otherwise count me in for one of the smaller ones. you're still going to be providing all sizes, correct?

Yeah, the white one might be a tad overkill for a 1g :lol: I'll still be offering the original PAR20 lamp. That will be a little better suited to a tank that small.

evil this thread is awesome it should be a sticky! if it isnt already well i been reading through it what is your best reccommendation for my 1.25 cube and the price?

I see vast potential for these spotlights.

I really like the Japanese-style metal halide spotlights (that cost an arm & a leg) and I think these would definitely help one achieve the effects on a larger tank as well.

evil, can the optics be changed out in these lamps?

Archived