fishez4alivin

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fishez4alivin

Random pics of new frags and some old stuff

new027.jpg

new029.jpg

Freebies came fresh cut, so I just glued them to a piece of rubble, until I decide on where to mount them permanently

new032.jpg

Nice Red Planet frag from Cherry Corals

new009.jpg

BGM got jacked up and kinda browned, but is recovering finally

new024.jpg

Maxi mini that is actually pretty big, probably 4" across

new019.jpg

A chalice I got from Mario

new021.jpg

OG Mummy Eye

new011.jpg

Final aquascape

FTS162011002.jpg

fishez4alivin

Had to keep at it, I traded over a grands worth of chalices for the calcium reactor/controller package, and I never really got to use it.... :lol:

A grand worth of Chalices? That must be like... what, 3 eyes at the prices you guys pay? :haha: shame I can't send you frags man, I've got some sick SPS I just took to with a dremel about a fortnight back.

fishez4alivin

I wish I could get sps frags from you...still making a move in the near future? So I scored new bulbs, because in reality, when I buy bulbs, I never trust the timeline of the seller. So I figured I would go ahead and buy them and know exactly how much time I have on them. I also got more of the blue tort that was my experimental frag, as well as a large piece of the Bali Green Slimer. I have been doing daily 20G water changes to keep up with the increased demands. I am waiting for the last component for my calcium reactor. Had to buy a pretty strong air pump to feed the reactor. This is key to getting the effluent's ph up to 7.3 before entering the tank. Hopefully I can start running it by the weekend. I am going to tee off the return and use it to feed the reactor. Just picked up the ATB Flowstar, its super quiet, and a pretty powerful little pump. I also am thinking about getting one more vortech, the MP10wES to mount on the back glass...I may have to go with another MP40WES because of the thickness of the glass.

scape002.jpg

scape025.jpg

Im pretty happy so far, even the browned out coral from a shipment a couple of weeks ago, is showing improved color, with the tips and base getting green.

levitationDrew

Awesome work first off. It's going to better than ever.

Are you still shooting pics with your phone or do you use something else as well?

I know you have three sided starfire but is the back panel made of glass? If it's made of acrylic like the overflow or pvc like the base do you think this will help with the magnetic transference issue of the mp10w es VS. the mp40w es?

fishez4alivin

Thanks...yes I have been shooting with that phone, but it's a 8.0 MP, so it's not too bad, just have to keep the hand steady....I used to shoot with a Canon Xsi,, but I let a friend use my spare battery and charger for a trip, and she hasn't gotten back yet.....The back is 1/2" glass, and I have used an MP10 on the tank. Just use the zip tie anchor, as recommended, and it shouldn't have any problem holding onto to the wetside. I will say when using the MP10 on 1/2" glass, you must make sure it is perfectly aligned, as well as no algae on the glass where you mount it. Dirty glass, or misaligned pump, will make the wetside, drop and fall to the bottom....It's great for one reason though, makes you really keep an eye and maintain the pumps.

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

Best I've seen in person, had to own it, bought it last night, and finished the dip process at 6am....look at the PE after 6 hours of interceptor, and a shakedown in TMPCC

ssc11.jpg

O.M.Geeh man this tank is beautiful. i miss doing bb, this tank is gonna be looking sexy once everything grows in more. Taggin' along! :)

i want this tank so bad. i tried to order one but the store that i was going to said age wont return any calls or emails. the build quality is second to none. and what you are doing with this tank is top notch

fishez4alivin
i want this tank so bad. i tried to order one but the store that i was going to said age wont return any calls or emails. the build quality is second to none. and what you are doing with this tank is top notch

I'll tell you the best way to get ahold of AGE is to email cbrenes@thefishgallery.com he got me the quote super fast when all my LFS failed to get one.

Thanks David, your nano is going to be epic, those ADA tanks are super nice, true works of art.

fishez4alivin
I added a reefbrite all blue to my ATI fixture too and it does make the corals pop! They are pretty pricey but worth every penny!

I was going to add a reefbrite to my 10x39W Powermodule when I had it, but was told not to add it the way I was thinking of doing it. How did you mount yours? I recently saw a guy who mounted 2 15" reefbrites on the ends of the Powermodule, and it looked pretty sweet. I was able to mod the bracket to work on the existing screws on my Sfiligoi pendant, but my fear is that it gets too hot, and that I may decrease the longevity of the LEDs. Once I get the second Reefbrite this week, I will fabricate a bracket to go around the MH, and hang it from the ceiling with aircraft wire.

fishez4alivin

This week is going to be a good one, with deliveries almost everyday...lol

Picked up a good pack from my new favorite ...he said it has encrusted the whole plug and is larger than the pic shows.

IMG_2661.jpg

Also getting an ORA Dustin's Deep Water Acro, fully encrusted on the plug, his candlelight acro, and a Pearlberry...getting some stuff from a member here too.

Apogee sensor to run on my older Fluke MM, should be here tomorrow

I want to find out the PAR levels in my tank, and also have it available for locals. Buying the sensor and using a multimeter of your choice makes it really cheap insurance.

other goodies too...best part of the hobby, getting new stuff..lol

moving the colony of SSC up into the rocks...made a few 3" frags off of it.

ssc22.jpg

The reefbrite fixture is a bit longer so I had to make spacers.I also used 4" brackets to mount the led to my PM. Works great because I can adjust the led to point them where I want. About the heat mine don't get hot at all but then again your running mh. I'll take some pics of how I mounted the led and email them to you if you want.

fishez4alivin

Thanks Adolfo....yeah reefman, I'd sure appreciate that...I'm still waiting for that light I bought last week....I'm starting to get a funny feeling about it.;..lol

fishez4alivin

Ok, this week I am expecting some goodies both live and not so live. The first two items arrived today, the Hanna Alk checker, and the Apogee sensor. I haven't even opened up the box for the alk checker, but I was eager to get the PAR numbers for my light.

I basically bought the sensor, and soldered the wires directly to some test leads I had extra. Of course I used shrink wrap to protect the connection. All you do is measure for m/A and take the number and multiply by 5. The tank picture is as it was lit during the test. I was basically trying to find out the numbers where some of my acros are mounted.

2x400W Back bulb is a Reeflux 12K, and in front of it is a XM 20K, I have one reefbrite mounted on the pendant, and it's a blue bulb.

PreliminaryPAR.jpg The high numbers sure drop once that sensor hits the water. All pumps were shut off, since surface agitation will lead to higher results.

Here is my Multimeter and sensor, connected to the end of my algae scraper.

apogee022.jpg

apogee017.jpg

Im starting to see bigtime improvements to this piece I got from Will a few weeks ago...

tripod018b.jpg

apogee010.jpg

Actinic of same coral

tripod003a.jpg

as well as from the brown turd I bought the week before

apogee012.jpg

fishez4alivin
I'm surprised there's such low numbers in your tank out of 800W of Sfiligoi man :huh:

Yeah, once I get my second reefbrite, it will be different, right now, the light kind of sits cockeyed, so it was tough to get a good reading, I'm going to remove the led strip and retry. Don't forget there is one 20K bulb in there, and the 12K Reeflux is basically a 20K bulb...I'm going to test out my other 5 bulbs to see, I already got better readings removing the reefbrite from the side of my fixture, thus letting the light hand straight.

fishez4alivin

Thanks guys... here is what it looks like with both lights on, it's a lot brighter in person

newfrags024.jpg

Amazed at how this coral has been changing daily since I received it...

newfrags008.jpg

new ORA DDW frag is much larger than I expected

newfrags015.jpg

This mille I got from RMF is way bigger than I expected...lol...hard to capture the colors, I was amazed how quickly it shot out the polyps after my torturous dipping regimine, this one is nicer than my ole superman mille I had.

newfrags019.jpg

Flame wrasse males flashing each other :angry:

newfrags018.jpg

Archived