Coral Vue Hydros

A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" Barebottom SPS dominant

fishez4alivin

fishez4alivin

Tank is 3 sides of low iron with a 1" PVC bottom, beveled and polished edges., the overflow is made of Acrylic, it was let to stand for curing for two weeks. 2 drains @ 1 1/2" 2 returns of 3/4" Savko bulkheads, and schedule 80 plumbing.

The overflow box has acrylic that slides down over the teeth so if you need to drop the waterline level for a wavebox.

DSCN1898.jpg

Here's the black silicone job on the seams...pretty nice

IMG_4903.jpg

Here's the tank getting ready for shipping

DSCN19002.jpg

Light is a 10x39W ATI Powermodule running these bulbs.

front

Blue+

Blue+

Super Actinics

Blue+

Actinic White

GE 6500K

Fiji Purple

AquaScience 22K

Aquascience 15K

Aquascience 22k

IMG_0477.jpg

ATB Small Cone Skimmer

IMG_5145.jpg

3 Vortech MP40W's

Dosing is with a Profilux Stand Alone 3 pump dosing unit

doser013.jpg

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fishez4alivin

Thanks, I cant wait, custom stand being built, picking my tank up at the trucking company at the end of the week. Have Marco rocks cooking in a huge sealed tote, so all algae from my seed rocks, have been eliminated. Straight bacteria going into the new tank, no algae on the rocks or hitchhikers.

TriggerHappyDude

Sweet, another A.G.E owner to drool over! Nice tank, I will be expecting to see your updates.

However, this is out of the Nano size isn't it? :lol:

Paleoreef103

Oh ho, man! That's one fantastic piece of glass! And a 10X39 powermodule on top?! This is going to be killer!

does A.G.E have a website? i looked at glasscages.com but looking for other tank makers as well.

acrylicandglassexhibits.com

EDIT: glasscages doesn't get the best reviews online. oh and AGE isn't the cheapest but the quality appears to be... EXTRAORDINARY (in the kung fu voice)

flipmodetank

yea seems everyone that has a GC says well for the money it was worth it but if i had more money id get AGE or Elos. Thanks for the website.

fishez4alivin

Thanks everyone! I just got my tracking information so it will be here at the end of the week...I hope the stand I have being built can live up to the expectations. I have been cooking the live rock for quite awhile, so when the stand is done, I will be making the transfer quickly. If anyone wants to get one of these, talk to Chris at the Fish Gallery, he is great to work with..... cbrenes@thefishgallery.com he got me my quote really fast.

fishez4alivin
dang craig, thats a badass looking tank

Thanks! I got the tracking for it, should be in Reno tonight, hopefully I get to pick it up and bring it to Max tomorrow :D

fishez4alivin

Here's my tote, I am using for cooking my Marco Rocks, I actually had a bunch of rock I was cooking, and added the new Marco stuff . The rock has been cooking for 3 months, but the Marco was added a month ago. Here's a pic of the Euro Reef skimmer pulling some crap out. It's actually not so bad, a lot better then I thought would get pulled out.

The live rock I had cooking, had some bubble algae and was loaded with phosphates, from when I fed frozen without rinsing. So I cooked them in total darkness, in a sealed insulated tote I use for Ice. The no light conditions killed all algae, and created bacteria only rock. It took a lot of water changes to get it to that point. Amazing how much crap gets into the pores of the rock over time.

IMG_4584.jpg

IMG_4575.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

New Stand with an espresso colored stain....built by Aquarium Showroom in San Jose, Ca...promised in 4 weeks, got it in 2

IMG_4860.jpg

Almost dead level, I will need to shim the back about an 1/8"

IMG_4854.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

Polished and beveled edges, and nice clean seams

IMG_4871.jpg

Adjustable overflow teeth to control level in tank, in case of wave makers

IMG_4875.jpg

Picked up this sweet frag rack at our local swap....

IMG_4888.jpg

http://www.frag-a-rack.com/catalog

Will need to order more of these sleek racks.

fishez4alivin

Slowly making the move.....

Sump cleaned, as well as skimmer, Calcium Reactor, loaded with fresh media, and CO2 tank refilled

IMG_4960.jpg

Waiting for the cloudiness to settle, then I will move over some coral. Hope I dont have to run both tanks for too long.

IMG_4965.jpg

IMG_4888.jpg

I meet those guys from frag a rack this last friday at the MARS auction they where pretty coll they threw down quite a bit of money on some of steve tyrees corals

fishez4alivin

IMG_4888.jpg

I meet those guys from frag a rack this last friday at the MARS auction they where pretty coll they threw down quite a bit of money on some of steve tyrees corals

How come you didnt go to the swap, i had a huge bag of chaeto, that i gave to someone else.

Thanks fellas, i wish I had a barbottom tank, then i could move the rock and be done with it. trouble with the sandbed is the rock that is partially buried, and it being toxic when you pull them out. I'll have more progress tomorrow, i have to hook up my chiller tonight...89 today

I was in the dog house for going to the mars auction and staying out until 12 and she told me that i couldnt go :(. I will send you the masterflex tubing just pay for shipping i really dont care i have 50' feet of it

Archived