Coral Vue Hydros

A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" Barebottom SPS dominant

fishez4alivin

The adjustable overflow on this tank is SWEET, especially if you prefer to run your water levels high. Then when you feel like a little wave action, just drop it down. That feature might be the biggest selling point on this tank, not to mention the smooth beveled edges. Man, that's smokin. If you wouldn't mind, can you snap more close up shots of the silicone work? I'm also wondering how flush the glass panels were cut and glued. I've seen some custom work by "the man" out here in Sacramento, but honestly it didn't look that hot compared to the ADA. Still waiting on my quote from Chris, but he immediately responded within a few hours after my email. So far so good.

Are we still on for the Bazooka for Pink Watermelon trade in Oct? I'm thinking about cutting your piece now, so it'll be well healed with green edges by the time we do the deal.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The adjustable overflow on this tank is SWEET, especially if you prefer to run your water levels high. Then when you feel like a little wave action, just drop it down. That feature might be the biggest selling point on this tank, not to mention the smooth beveled edges. Man, that's smokin. If you wouldn't mind, can you snap more close up shots of the silicone work? I'm also wondering how flush the glass panels were cut and glued. I've seen some custom work by "the man" out here in Sacramento, but honestly it didn't look that hot compared to the ADA. Still waiting on my quote from Chris, but he immediately responded within a few hours after my email. So far so good.

Are we still on for the Bazooka for Pink Watermelon trade in Oct? I'm thinking about cutting your piece now, so it'll be well healed with green edges by the time we do the deal.

Chris is a good guy, he is quick to reply....

We are on for that trade for sure...I'll cut it this week, if I don't get the bandsaw this week, I'll take it down to AC and cut it there.

it's like this on all the edges, from rim to bottom.

IMG_4903.jpg

Chris is a good guy, he is quick to reply....

We are on for that trade for sure...I'll cut it this week, if I don't get the bandsaw this week, I'll take it down to AC and cut it there.

it's like this on all the edges, from rim to bottom.

IMG_4903.jpg

I'm takin mine to bluenass's house on Wed to use his bandsaw. Clean. This is the lamborghini diablo of tanks.

Hey fishez, I really like your design and I am interested in learning a little bit more about your overflow.

It looks as though the back of your tank is painted black, is it painted where the overflow is? I looked through the thread and saw that at least in the beginning you could see through the display tank into the external overflow box, is that still the case?

Some quick pics (or a description at least) sure would be appreciated! I still can't decide whether I want to keep my overflow in the tank or move it out of the tank. Obviously I would prefer outside the tank, but I'm not sure how I can attach one to the back and still maintain a nice looking, black, back pane.

Nice tank!

Hey fishez, I really like your design and I am interested in learning a little bit more about your overflow.

It looks as though the back of your tank is painted black, is it painted where the overflow is? I looked through the thread and saw that at least in the beginning you could see through the display tank into the external overflow box, is that still the case?

Some quick pics (or a description at least) sure would be appreciated! I still can't decide whether I want to keep my overflow in the tank or move it out of the tank. Obviously I would prefer outside the tank, but I'm not sure how I can attach one to the back and still maintain a nice looking, black, back pane.

Nice tank!

See the thumbscrews on the overflow teeth? Well there is this thin black vinyl that they give you, that can be wedged between the back pane and the overflow teeth. The adjustable overflow design, makes it possible to do this. Without that, you would be able to see my durso drain.

DSCN1898.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

All new dead sand, cooked rock, and some rock with encrusted Acros on them, such as the rock you see with the montipora setosa. I would never transfer a tank and reuse the sand. The time it takes to rinse it out, is a waste to me. I just got new dead sand and had it rinsed out and ready to roll once the water was in the tank. The old sand was given to local reefers.

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin
That's a gorgeous Bazooka Joe frag you got there ;) Good luck with it!

Thanks Randy, I'll have your tyree red and pink watermelons ready for you by the next swap. Actually sooner. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

Removed two big acro colonies as well as one rock, started taking out some other corals I was using to fill the scape. Making room for some growout.

fts018.jpg

Got a decent shot of some of my chalices

from left to right

Aussie Chalice from Purpleup, Mummy Eye, Tyree AE Hurricane, Tyree LE Pumpkin Patch, Tyree LE Pink Watermelon

fts023.jpg

Actinic shot of PP and PW

corals22054.jpg

fishez4alivin

Thanks guys.....

I used to make my coral get their food on their own, but once my tank hit 6 months, I have begun to feed several times a week. Here are some feeding shots tonight...

Here's a little scoly scarfin, and to my surprise, a good pic of my ATL Fire Polyp Undata, showing its true colors

feedingtime007.jpg

Hungry Tyree pink WM

feedingtime011.jpg

puffed out Oregon Mummy eye

feedingtime006.jpg

Three Reverse Watermelons eating

feedingtime001.jpg

fishez4alivin

Moved a couple pieces down to take some photos,

5 mouths on this Bryans Baby Watermelon

chalices008.jpg

Unknown watermelon and healing 5 mouth Tyree Red Watermelon that dropped on top of my acans

chalices015.jpg

3 mouth Tyree Red watermelon and 4 mouth Oregon Mummy Eye

chalices009.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

Ultimate Staghorn, Pink Sandollar Monti, Unknown Monti

corals22023.jpg

Unknown tabling Acro, ATL Appleberry Monti, Unknown Monti

corals22037.jpg

Jedi Mind Trick Montipora

corals22039.jpg

My fast growing Montipora Setosa

corals22015.jpg

Red Tabling Acro

reef029.jpg

The two vortech on the left are on synced reef crest at 100%, with the single right MP40W at long pulse, this really keeps detrius in suspension enabling it to get to the sump/skimmer. You can see the turbulent wave I get in the tank now.

12fts004.jpg

12fts005.jpg

fishez4alivin

Got some :D However, the little acro crab got nuked when I dipped it in interceptor, never saw it until it fell out of the piece

growout008.jpg

FTS, been thinking about going BB, been siphoning sand out every wc.

fts1205014.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

The Majestic wasn't hanging too tough with my foxface, so I traded him in and got this Juvenile Emperor Angel. This fish is a lot less timid, and doesnt take it from the other tank mates.

emperor.jpg

FTS

fts121809003.jpg

Archived