ReefCleaners.org

A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" Barebottom SPS dominant

fishez4alivin

fishez4alivin

So I hung my light and got a couple frag racks in the sump section, here it is, flow is a MP10 and its lit by a Giesemann Nova 2

fragtanksump005.jpg

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm liking the center external overflow on your tank. Excellent choice and great use of aqua space. Not sure if we met or not at the NorCal Reef Swap in Vallejo?

fishez4alivin
I'm liking the center external overflow on your tank. Excellent choice and great use of aqua space. Not sure if we met or not at the NorCal Reef Swap in Vallejo?

I wasn't able to attend, but I will be at the one at Hayward....with a lot of coral, to make up for missing last swap. :D

fishez4alivin

When I get my bandsaw, I will put up a list of what I cut. Probably LE Tyree Pink Watermelon, LE Tyree Red Watermelon, Jedi Mind Trick, Pink Lemonade Acro, ATL Red Polyp Undata, Pink Jade, and the usual, true undata, sunset, pink sandollar, setosa, And some very sweet rainbow acans. :)

Nice i am looking forward to it are you going for the inland DB-100? i had one that worked great until i broke it but just a warning the blands are almost as much as the saw

fishez4alivin
Nice i am looking forward to it are you going for the inland DB-100? i had one that worked great until i broke it but just a warning the blands are almost as much as the saw

Yup same one, the key is not to use it for long frag sessions, or at least that's what I've heard. I know the blades are expensive...I'm only going to use it to cut a few chalices and acans.

Thanks Paleoreef :)

Put a GEO kalk reactor online last week, been sitting on it for 1/2 a year

IMG_6295.jpg

Scored some stuff at Atlantis which is local, went in and had them fresh cut from the mothers....got some great frags from two tabling acros.

IMG_6412.jpg

IMG_6410.jpg

got two other corals since it was a buy 3 get one free weekend, plus she took off 15% of the frags :P

Here's my freebie, the third coral I got is in a bad spot for pics

ATL Ultimate Rainbow Chalice

IMG_6384.jpg

Then I received some stuff from World Wide Corals

Mystic Sunset Monti, the 1/2 electric blue polyps are sweet

IMG_6406.jpg

Candlelight Concert Acro, should be sweet when grownout

IMG_6416.jpg

Noticed my fragged scoly's have grown out into a circle with their flesh, skeleton needs to catch up though

IMG_6428.jpg

Nice acquisitions. I was looking at the mystic sunset and candlelight acros from WWC. They were in my shopping cart but decided to buy chalices instead. Maybe we can swap more stuff in Oct ;)

Nice acquisitions. I was looking at the mystic sunset and candlelight acros from WWC. They were in my shopping cart but decided to buy chalices instead. Maybe we can swap more stuff in Oct ;)

I have a funny feeling that we both impulse buy when bored :P We sure can swap more corals in Oct.

Here's a FTS, I had a makeshift rack in my tank, along with my frag rack in my sump to hold 104 frags from our local club's growout contest I organized, finally, I am dropping off the last of them today, and will remove that hideous thing from my tank..lol

IMG_6432.jpg

TriggerHappyDude

Dude, do you mind me asking how much you have invested in this tank? All together? Still amazing!

I wanted this exact setup, but decided to go small to see how I do with the hobby, got a Solana 34 gallon.

But the AGE Starphire tank is what I want! Just like this...

Man, that is one nice tank! I know how you feel with the corals you just have to get rid of, I'm getting to that point myself. I almost want to sell my duncan but just can't bring myself to do it. i got it just as they started coming in for a bargin and it's been my best coral for selling frags since it grows fast and I get a decent amount per head.

Dude, do you mind me asking how much you have invested in this tank? All together? Still amazing!

I wanted this exact setup, but decided to go small to see how I do with the hobby, got a Solana 34 gallon.

But the AGE Starphire tank is what I want! Just like this...

I don't really like reliving my purchases, but everything without corals is less than 9K, I refuse to add up the cost of corals :lol:

Thanks Nick, yeah, I see a massive fragging of my Green Birdsnest, PPBN, and many montis that I cant give away since I've oversaturated my local club with them. I will let things grow out, and if something doesnt look like a good fit, I will end up removing it and dumping it on my club.

hA, yeah I was looking at that site. Noticed they sold through a network of dealers, but they don't list them.

I got the fastest quote from cbrenes@thefishgallery.com, he is a good guy to deal with. I tried to get quotes from Aquarium Showroom and Aquatic Gallery, but it took so long I tried Chris. They buy so many tanks through A.G.E. that they are in constant contact with them. One thing I have to warn you is that when they give you a 6-8 week build, expect 8 weeks if not more. You may get mad, and want to cancel the order, but when it shows up, and you bust open the crate, it's perfection will melt away all the hard feelings. :lol:

I got the fastest quote from cbrenes@thefishgallery.com, he is a good guy to deal with. I tried to get quotes from Aquarium Showroom and Aquatic Gallery, but it took so long I tried Chris. They buy so many tanks through A.G.E. that they are in constant contact with them. One thing I have to warn you is that when they give you a 6-8 week build, expect 8 weeks if not more. You may get mad, and want to cancel the order, but when it shows up, and you bust open the crate, it's perfection will melt away all the hard feelings. :lol:

I'll give Chris a call. Thanks for sharing the wealth.

Sweet Jesus 9K. I have about 3k in my biocube 29 and another 2k in my 65 and it isn't half done yet.lol

:lol: Just put your head down and follow through....and dont look back

You knew what you were getting yourself into, 3K for the BC29...that 65 is twice the size, and at least twice the cost..lol

TriggerHappyDude
I don't really like reliving my purchases, but everything without corals is less than 9K, I refuse to add up the cost of corals :lol:

Sorry to ask that, but don't feel ashamed, you have one of the most amazing tanks I've seen, be proud of your investment, as I know you are! Of all the tanks I've surfed over in the past two years, this one is in my top 5. Truly an awesome setup, one that many of us envy, and an inspiration to all!

Do you have 3 MP40s in the main display? I was hoping you could answer a few questions about those as I am having trouble finding specifics as to how they work when you have three or more. I realize they send a wireless signal to each other. And, I know one pump is designated as the "master" and there are different modes. When you are running three or more of these in either anti-sync or reef crest mode, will they all three ramp up and down at different times. i.e. Does the master ramp up opposite of the other 2 then as the master slows down the other 2 ramp up at the same time or will they all three take a turn ramping up and down? I'm just hoping that in reef crest mode with three of these they all ramp up and down at different times for the most random flow.

Do you have 3 MP40s in the main display? I was hoping you could answer a few questions about those as I am having trouble finding specifics as to how they work when you have three or more. I realize they send a wireless signal to each other. And, I know one pump is designated as the "master" and there are different modes. When you are running three or more of these in either anti-sync or reef crest mode, will they all three ramp up and down at different times. i.e. Does the master ramp up opposite of the other 2 then as the master slows down the other 2 ramp up at the same time or will they all three take a turn ramping up and down? I'm just hoping that in reef crest mode with three of these they all ramp up and down at different times for the most random flow.

Yes I have 3 MP40W's, and this is how they work:

You can run all pumps in different modes, just because you have multiple pumps, doesn't mean they all have to be synced together, such as a Koralia Multicontroller does. Each pump comes with it's own driver, and can be set individually.

So you can have one pump in slow pulse...Wave>>>

another in Lagoon

another at Reef Crest.

You can sync two or more pumps if you want...this basically is all pumps synced would mirror the master pump. This is a nice way of creating a wave, with two or more pumps on one side of the tank.

I currently run my master in Reef crest mode at 100%, with my other two pumps in anti sync mode, to create random flow throughout my tank. I will say between the way my rockwork is set up, giving the back and front open space for flow, I have yet to get a diatom bloom on my sandbed, also with a 4 month old tank, with 12 fish in it, I never had cyano on the sand. I believe the flow around my tank, leaves no dead spots for algae or bacteria to grab hold. Even under my rock structure has tremendous flow. HTH

Sorry to ask that, but don't feel ashamed, you have one of the most amazing tanks I've seen, be proud of your investment, as I know you are! Of all the tanks I've surfed over in the past two years, this one is in my top 5. Truly an awesome setup, one that many of us envy, and an inspiration to all!

Thanks for the compliment, but really, there are far greater tanks out there, especially matured ones, I just hope mine can grow up and become a great tank. I look at it as having great potential in its current state. :)

Im not ashamed of what I have invested, it's a hobby of mine, and I always try to get the best I can afford. Plus my wife was the one who bought me my powermodule, how lucky is that? :P

Archived