Top Shelf Aquatics

A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" Barebottom SPS dominant

fishez4alivin

Do you miss your powermodule at all? I really like the sleek profile of them, even though the color isn't as pronounced as with a MH. I actually have an old 400w mh for plants, but its too noisy for a tank.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
fishez4alivin
Nice pump. I have 2 running on a large system as well and everything in the tank gets more than enough flow.

It's really impressive, and it's nice that they developed this motor to run quiet compared to the MP40's. Damn two of them? Must be 200+ gallons, would like to see pictures of that tank.

Dnic, I have no regrets from using the Powermodule. It is a great light, and number of bulbs you can run, makes tweaking the color even easier. However, when I first placed the MH over the tank, and turned it on, I knew I made the right decision, the shadowing and shimmer, make it worth it. The one drawback to MH as a single point source of light, is the way corals lose color in the shadowed areas. With T5's the light wraps around the corals, and you don't get that as much.

fishez4alivin

All actinic shots

this aussie acro has really been coloring up for me this last month

actinics30223443.jpg

might need to get more scolys now that I have the leds

actinics3014.jpg

the EME has like 20+ eyes but is only 2-2 1/2" in diameter

leds4016.jpg

With the new MP60, all the detrius swirls in the center just under the overhang of the rocks, super easy siphon work. So far I am very pleased with the upgrade.

fishez4alivin

Tonight, I was doing some maintenance, and noticed that my Aussie Nasuta is really growing a bunch of new growth tips. And from the side, it really is bright.

acroporanasuta.jpg

nasuta.jpg

This little frag is growing fast, it has some decent promise in color

stag.jpg

IMG_6075-2.jpg

mille-1.jpg

Pink Yuma, have owned this one for over two years.

craig11-3.jpg

Post fragging

pinkyumas.jpg

Trochus having a party

moneyshot009.jpg

dusk037_133.jpg

ledfts.jpg

fishez4alivin

I cut it, done it 3 times. I still kept two, but the flow in my tank is so much, that they like to walk. So I put them in the sump, and one went into the rock section and is lost. When the one I still have is a little bigger, i will frag him and let you know.

fishez4alivin

Thanks a lot guys, it's been fun the last few months, for sure. I just got this Lineatus, and I will probably get another one, once it is in the shop another few more days. It's eating pellets already.

lineatus3333333.jpg

Looking at himself in the mirror.

lineatus22222222.jpg

lineatus1111111.jpg

Then lights out, so I grabbed this pic

lineatus66666666.jpg

lineatus6666666.jpg

fishez4alivin
Those acans really look sharp

Thanks, I wish the orange one stayed like it was when I got it though.

when I first got it

IMG_5789.jpg

Paleoreef103

Awesome set up going on. By the way... how is the noise level created by the MP60 compared to the MP40?

Every time you post pics of those Flames, I feel compelled to let a grand explode forth from my wallet for a trio of them.

fishez4alivin
Awesome set up going on. By the way... how is the noise level created by the MP60 compared to the MP40?

Thanks....The MP60's are a little quieter. What I wanted to do was replace two MP40's with one 60, also the newer technology, especially the wetside, is superior in design.

Every time you post pics of those Flames, I feel compelled to let a grand explode forth from my wallet for a trio of them.

A grand? They are 130 a pair in the Bay Area...lol....but your corals are way cheaper than what I get them for I'm sure.....get three females, don't bother with a male, one of the three will morph in due time.

A grand? They are 130 a pair in the Bay Area...lol....but your corals are way cheaper than what I get them for I'm sure.....get three females, don't bother with a male, one of the three will morph in due time.

Nobody in Hawai'i wants to deal with us because of our quarantine and importation laws which are frankly insane, so the stuff we can get tends to come via another ferrypoint OR is sold at an exorbitant markup. To give you an idea how uncommon it is to see Flames here, we're talking aside from ones which are in tanks... 19 months since I last saw even one for sale. So because of it... it's a case of you buy what you get and wait a long-ass time for it :lol:

fishez4alivin
Nobody in Hawai'i wants to deal with us because of our quarantine and importation laws which are frankly insane, so the stuff we can get tends to come via another ferrypoint OR is sold at an exorbitant markup. To give you an idea how uncommon it is to see Flames here, we're talking aside from ones which are in tanks... 19 months since I last saw even one for sale. So because of it... it's a case of you buy what you get and wait a long-ass time for it :lol:

I hear you, the Lineatus was pretty cheap, around 1/2 price retail. Those must be like chromis in Australia, I've seen video of a diver catching them with a little net, one after another. And like you with the Flame, I have only seen three Lineatus in LFS. And I bought two of them.lol, last time I saw one, was when I first started the tank. I only found out about the fish, when I overheard a guy thinking about it, and I swooped in with cash in hand and pick pocketed him...lol

Freakin sweet tank man!

Thanks!

I'm really liking the LED supplements, a shot coming downstairs..

tank087aaa.jpg

fishez4alivin

Got a few frags today, just got them mounted after a 5 hour dip

Biohazzard

biohazzard2.jpg

German Blue Polyp Acro ORA

ORAGermanBluepolyp.jpg

freebie

freebie.jpg

Ultimate Rose Acro

ultimateroseacro.jpg

Courtesy of RMF

Side tank shot

sidetank.jpg

fts

fts-Copy.jpg

Flames are fighting to figure out who is going to stay a male

flameaggression.jpg

getting violent, with scales being knocked off the smaller male, who btw instigates the brawls

fishez4alivin

They are definitely entertaining for fish. I hope one of those males decides to submit, because their fighting spooks my lineatus.

Made a ghetto top down box for my camera, and took a few pics this afternoon.

top091.jpg

icefire.jpg

topdiwn056.jpg

found my lost yuma frag

topdiwn016.jpg

fishez4alivin

I wanted to show the way NTM works on the vortechs, it basically runs all the different modes, starting with low flow>lagoon mode>reef crest>full power> wave, it really gives the tank that random flow that is needed for SPS and basic cleanliness in a bare bottom set up. Check out my fish playing in the current..lol...no music, the sound got f'd up...taken with my HTC EVO

rl9pnJbdZQQ

that sucks can't embed...

http://www.youtube.com/user/fishez4alivin?...u/1/rl9pnJbdZQQ

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

The last week I was noticing this acro I got, that came in browned out, and had started to turn green, looked like it was changing again...and sure enough, the base as well as most of the coral is turning purple...

topdown2010.jpg the base

topdown2012.jpg

topdown2014.jpg

Curious to see what it actually turns into.

topdown2016.jpg

The ORA GBP came in a little off color, but now sports the blue polyps

topdown2032.jpg

The Spatulata is also changing with a lime green developing where the yellow was

topdown2023.jpg

This has great potential, Ultimate Rose Acro

topdown2047.jpg

I have this one in too much light, it has lightened up a lot, but it's growning pretty fast

topdown2035.jpg

topdown2060.jpg

Archived