ReefCleaners.org

A.G.E. 40"x28"x22" Barebottom SPS dominant

fishez4alivin

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply
d'Espresso

Is that a deep water acro on the very last picture? The colors on the first picture look awesome. How often do you do waterchange?

I currently have a tunze 9002 skimmer sitting in the box, I am waiting to modify a Aquaclear 110 and somehow fit the skimmer inside the unit. :)

so is it better to use carbon and purgien only or can I just use my chemi-pure Elite? I am trying to make it simple and less tangle with wires.

fishez4alivin
Is that a deep water acro on the very last picture? The colors on the first picture look awesome. How often do you do waterchange?

I currently have a tunze 9002 skimmer sitting in the box, I am waiting to modify a Aquaclear 110 and somehow fit the skimmer inside the unit. :)

so is it better to use carbon and purgien only or can I just use my chemi-pure Elite? I am trying to make it simple and less tangle with wires.

That last coral is a frag I got from Rocky Mountain Frags and it's called the Bumble Bee Acro, I'm not sure if it was collected in "deepwater", but I do have it located in the lower 1/3 of my tank.

I do around a 20-25G water change every weekend. The first pic is the strawberry shortcake under just LEDs. I think for your tank, Chemipure Elite would be fine, especially since it comes in it's own mesh bag, and lasts a lot longer than GAC. To tell you the truth, with LED's popping the colors of LPS, with your tank, maybe a few nice tabling milles on top, and the rest being acans, chalices, palys, favia, plates etc...would really make your tank super sweet. I know if I had only LED's I would focus more on LPS, and some Acros particularly ones that are green or yellow.

d'Espresso

Thanks that is what I have are Lps and zoas. Just wanted to added the cake on the mountain of my rockscape. I will try to do water Change each weekend but I probably do just 1gallon only.

Do you use any reef trace of just dose the 2 parts alk/cal?

fishez4alivin
Thanks that is what I have are Lps and zoas. Just wanted to added the cake on the mountain of my rockscape. I will try to do water Change each weekend but I probably do just 1gallon only.

Do you use any reef trace of just dose the 2 parts alk/cal?

I have a calcium reactor, no dosing of trace, try to keep my parameters as follows Ca 450 Alk 10 dkh Mg 1450

I use GFO and BRS Rox carbon in a reactor. I think the cake, and a sweet mille, maybe like this one I just picked up would be nice in your tank....not my pic Bubblegum Mille

bubblegummille.jpg

• 2 months later...
fishez4alivin

So a month ago, I was out of town for over a month, and in that time I hired a professional maintenance company to care for my tank. I needed the guy to swap out my CO2 tank for a full one, and even paid extra to buy a larger tank. I instructed the guy to remove the regulator and not adjust a thing. Also told him to not even worry about bubble count, since my Reactor runs differently than other Calcium Reactors. Well after 1 1/2 months, I came home to super low alk. The reason was the guy decided to turn down the regulator, and it wasn't getting enough CO2 to the reactor. He basically shut off the needle valve. Anyway, here are some of my recovering coral.

Mummy Eye and Mias Pot of Gold morphed during the fiasco

memorphmpog.jpg

poor Ice fire lost it's color, but is doing better

recovery088.jpg

German blue polyp is recovered

ggpa-1.jpg

this tabling acro has morphed into a blue with red polyp coral. Used to be just a light red with red polyps

bluenredtabling.jpg

this brown turd of a candlelight acro is finally showing signs of purple

purplecomingback.jpg

bumblebee acro is recovering'

recovery210.jpg

Bazooka Joe is on it's way back

bjwm.jpg

undata is almost 100%

undata-2.jpg

mandyeatingpellets.jpg

HI Flame

recovery074.jpg

scored this guy a month ago, until I get Max back

IMAG0205.jpg

FTS with lot's less

ftsrecovery.jpg

frags from Imus last weekend along with the mini colony of Pink Lemonade that came full circle thanks to DBTC

imusfrag2.jpg

imusfrag.jpg

PLfrag.jpg

Recovering RMF Blueberry acro recovering

RMFBbS-1.jpg

a little more blue to the Biohazzard and it will have made a full recovery

biohazzard.jpg

Lime in the Sky that was off my rack and under a rock, for a month, is on it's way back

recoveringlns.jpg

And this RMF mille is recovering and gaining it's color back

recovery186.jpg

Sorry about what happen but still your tank look amazing and hopefully will be recovering soon!

That tabling acro and undata is doing good! Can't wait til we see it next month or two.

I love Boston terrior dogs! You have a nice one btw!

fishez4alivin

Thank David, the tank is recovering, and I should be happy that he didn't screw it up. My ex overfed my tank, that's why I have algae now. She used full can of flake food in a month, couldn't believe it.

Yeah, he is a rescue dog, came from some student, who's parents bought him the dog when he went to college. Guy had to move, and his new place wouldn't let him bring him. Had to get him a life jacket, because, he likes to jump on and off the boat.

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

I have been debating getting more snails to eat the excess algae in the tank. Instead, I kept doing small 10 gallon water changes each week, never adding extra GFO etc...As a matter of fact, I haven't changed the GFO in over a month.

Check out the pics from yesterday compared to a week ago, note the algae...this is from just letting the tank cure itself, no extra snails, or big water changes, no scraping. Even the snails are losing the algae.

new33008.jpg

Before

ftsrecovery.jpg

yesterday

ftsalgae.jpg

Builder Anthony

Something similar happened to the petstore where i shop at.I think tanks adjust to their owners and new owners come along with different habbits.They may work in their tanks but it throws a rock into the way the systems are running.Things can be touchy.Hope things work out.

fishez4alivin
Something similar happened to the petstore where i shop at.I think tanks adjust to their owners and new owners come along with different habbits.They may work in their tanks but it throws a rock into the way the systems are running.Things can be touchy.Hope things work out.

Yeah in this case, it may be the guy didn;t know what he was doing, since a brand new container of flake food was empty in that time, and I told him not to adjust a thing, just replace the bottle of CO2, don't get what part of my instructions he misunderstood..lol :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

scored the Ultimatefrag's Rainbow Acro...it browned out when it was left on my porch while I was at work....

ultimaterainbow.jpg

it's already recovering from Thursday's mishap.

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

its going good David...I'm about to take delivery on some replacements....Aussie Enchinata and another SSC, I'll take some pics when they arrive...

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't looked at your thread in a while. When did you switch from t5 to MH? Did you deal directly with AGE or go thru a dealer for your tank? Tank is looking really good.

Haven't looked at your thread in a while. When did you switch from t5 to MH? Did you deal directly with AGE or go thru a dealer for your tank? Tank is looking really good.

Thanks! I switched out a little over a year ago. I traded a local straight across for the light. I removed one of the Sfiligoi 400W ballasts, and added a SLS Bluewave 7 which is an HQI ballast, so that I could properly fire a 250W Radium. I went with the 250W because with Radiums the 250W is over 300w while the 400W is really a 360W lamp when fired properly. I kept the 400W XM 20K, and I couldn't be happier with the light. I also added 2 Reef brite blue LED strips for dawn dusk effects. I really like the shimmer of MH and the shadowing effect you get from MH. The tank looks natural with that effect for sure.

When I bought the AGE, I tried all my LFS, with no results. When I went with a LFS in Texas, I got immediate results. I purchased the tank through The Fish Gallery/Aquarium Environments in Houston, TX. They deal with a lot of big AGE projects/builds and got me immediate results with quotes etc....

• 2 weeks later...
fishez4alivin

thanks ASUreef :)

Got some frags as backups....big frags of OG Purple Monster, and Red Dragon....will be also adding this week a big mini colony of FF Red Robin Stag...

reddragon.jpg

OGPurpleMonster.jpg

pearlberry.jpg

This little frag was damaged from my semi crash earlier in the year. I left it in the frag rack for months, watching it slowly color up. I decided to blast it dead center of my tank, and it's showed growth with it encrusting, as well as a return to it's glorious color...SniperSPS Bubble Gum Mille..even has a green tip, but check out the blue and super red polyps

realbubblegummille.jpg

ATLAppleberry.jpg

starrynights.jpg

bluewpinkpolyptable.jpg

RMFrainbowmille.jpg

fts101311-1.jpg

fishez4alivin

Trying to buy more and more WYSIWYG frags that are bigger than a 1/2-3/4"

Scored these via UPS this morning...

Frag Farmer Red Robin Stag

ffredrobinstag.jpg

Rocky Mountain frags Raspberry Limeade Hyacinthus

RMGRasberryLimeadehyacinthus.jpg

Jared tossed in this bottlebrush for free...not a tiny frag

newestfrags004.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
fishez4alivin
I love the last two pieces. Really awesome colors.

Thanks...yeah that Hyacinthus is almost like a Tierra del Fuego, minus the price!

I'm thinking about making the display more mixed reef...and with LED's getting better, I am thinking about making a Nano SPS tank...still thinking about it...I'm going get a quote for a 18x18x24 tall tank, I want to have a rock that goes 1/2 way up, with staghorns growning from the back sides, and having tabling acros work from the top, and stagger them down...the lower part would be all the low light loving SPS such as smooth skinned deep water acros....

What I want to do is have my AGE as it is currently set up, and having a Magnifica Anemone grow to its potential....then buying a clutch of baby clowns locally.....so with that in mind, after having a few opportunities slip away, I finally decided to get one, shipped, which was a huge challenge...I hope it lives, but so far it hasn't deflated...

mag002_1.jpg

mag010.jpg

Archived