Top Shelf Aquatics

RAOK! ***FREE STUFF!***

eddiecorrea

RAOK thoughts  

599 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the RAOK idea?

• I love it!
    • It's okay.
    • I think it is lame.

Unfortunately this isn't a trade thread, the real spirit of this thread is to give stuff away that you don't need, but out of your kindness not charging for. Isn't used for giving away junk, but useful things that others may be able to use. The only money transfer is the shipping costs. In the first pages of this thread you'll see that person A claims something from person B, then person A offers something to anyone else. Can it be the same person A that gave them the item? Sure, as long as person A has something else to give up. If you're looking for a trade, unfortunately you've come to the wrong place. Put a WTT ad in the classifieds section of the forum since thats what you're looking for.

Feel like more recently people are just missing the point of this thread. Give stuff away, as a random act of kindness, NOT to expect something in return. If you see something that has your interest then jump on it, but be sure to kindly put something else up for grabs. This is NOT a trade thread, and is NOT a begging thread, jeez.

You know thats what I thought but at the time I didn't get a chance to go back and read the OP. Guess I was right and thank you for pointing that out.

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Unfortunately this isn't a trade thread, the real spirit of this thread is to give stuff away that you don't need, but out of your kindness not charging for. Isn't used for giving away junk, but useful things that others may be able to use. The only money transfer is the shipping costs. In the first pages of this thread you'll see that person A claims something from person B, then person A offers something to anyone else. Can it be the same person A that gave them the item? Sure, as long as person A has something else to give up. If you're looking for a trade, unfortunately you've come to the wrong place. Put a WTT ad in the classifieds section of the forum since thats what you're looking for.

Feel like more recently people are just missing the point of this thread. Give stuff away, as a random act of kindness, NOT to expect something in return. If you see something that has your interest then jump on it, but be sure to kindly put something else up for grabs. This is NOT a trade thread, and is NOT a begging thread, jeez.

Ok I read through every page in this thread before I posted. The OP stated that if you are claiming something that's 50 you should post something worth 50 I am not here to trade, I am giving it to someone who is willing to give things to others of the same value.

I can just forget about this if you like but read through every page, OP stated that if you have something like fish flakes etc do not claim something of real value. I could sell it for over 50 privately but I am choosing to give it away. I haven't heard back from the other person anyways.

Jeez, seems like everyone is claiming without posting anything, I haven't even claimed anything, also the first person to claim didn't follow the rules he claimed it by PM then posted here that he didn't have anything to trade but was claiming it anyways. This was hours later. Was there not something posted re this way at the beginning of the forum?

If this is how I am going to be treated for following rules and offering free stuff forget it. I can see why people said be careful.

Edit: and in my opinion 2 API tests that are half full is not something someone else would need. And someone else claimed before he posted he had anything for trade.

So should I repost the rules way back here for everyone?

The rules:

1. Must have ATLEAST 50 posts on nano-reef. Keeps people from signing up just to get free stuff. You can give if you have under 50 posts. Just no claiming.

2. No charging for the item. The person who claims it pays shipping. Thats it.

3. If you claim an item do so in a post on this thread. NO PMs! In that post put the username and the item you are claiming. Then post your item in the same reply. You may PM to get paypal to pay for shipping. But claim it in the thread first.

4. If you claim something you must post something up for grabs. One claim per item you post. Make your item of equal value to something you are claiming please.

5. You may post anything up for grabs. Just as long as it is appropriate and legal. Doesn't have to be fish related.

6. And most importantly have fun. Any questions PM me. Lets keep random chat out of this thread please. It will keep it easier to find items.

Didnt he jut mean he wanted to give that other guy the leftover test. And that he wasnt talking about trading it to you.

He did that's fine but the rules state if you are claiming something you should be posting something of equal value.

That's what I was getting at.

Someone else implied I was looking for a trade which I am not. I am watching for something I would like but posted this for others who have followed the rules to claim and so I can claim if I want something.

Never said I was looking for a trade.

In the spirit of getting back to the original spirit of this thing,

I have a couple of extra return pumps/PHs Im not using. PM me but also post on here if youre interested

also I might note I did not get the AC50 cuz mbarton decided he was gunna keep it

randythefishdude

[i can just forget about this if you like but read through every page, OP stated that if you have something like fish flakes etc do not claim something of real value. I could sell it for over 50 privately but I am choosing to give it away. I haven't heard back from the other person anyways.

Jeez, seems like everyone is claiming without posting anything, I haven't even claimed anything, also the first person to claim didn't follow the rules he claimed it by PM then posted here that he didn't have anything to trade but was claiming it anyways. This was hours later. Was there not something posted re this way at the beginning of the forum?

If this is how I am going to be treated for following rules and offering free stuff forget it. I can see why people said be careful.

So should I repost the rules way back here for everyone?

gesssss!!///???sorry idident mean to start somthing here i just read raok FREE STUFF IT SAYS ON TAG so i figured this was the place to get some good free stuff i dident mean to start somthing sorry i like the idea but take free stuff out u need to trade so.... i dont but forget what i said get back to random act of kind ness ..........and cheak out my fluval edge under members tanks if you get a chance

• 5 weeks later...

Got a mag float mini. $5.95 shipping USPS Priority.

AquaClear 30 filter. No media but will have the insert thing. Not modded. $15 for shipping. I'll clean it best I can. haha

Visitherm Stealth heater. $5.95 shipping. 50watt

eddie, still have the heater? i'll send you payment for shipping if you do..

and i can send 2 people a small ball of CHAETO (loaded with pods, mysis shrimp, and possibly a few tiny snails), just pay $6 for priority shipping.

i guess there is no more kindness left in this cruel world. No one needs free chaeto?

Ill take that chaeato!

Ok, so im claming, so i need to offer.

All i have is a ac20 that i cant get to work, motor runs, but wont pull water, and thats really it, or some 3/4 inch tubing if anyone wants it... 10$ shipped, or 5$ if i can cram it into a small flat rate box

• 1 month later...

I have a Tom's 2 gallon tank (The Walmart Contest tank) that has never had water in it. The back is painted black(not perfect) and bottom is drilled and it comes with two 1/2" bulkheads. The tank also comes with 2 7watt heaters, a hob filter and a 13watt compact florescent lamp. I have two replacement bulbs(one 50/50 and one 6500K) for the lamp but neither will work without modification. The bulkheads are not perfect, they have Great Stuff remains all over them and I already attached pvc to them. I cut the pvc off, but left enough to attach an adapter to it. They are still very usable. I will toss some sandpaper in the box to get the rest of the "Great Stuff" off.

I'm guessing it will be about $18 to ship anywhere in the USA.

Everything will go in the trash on about January 3rd. Reply before then.

I have a Tom's 2 gallon tank (The Walmart Contest tank) that has never had water in it. The back is painted black(not perfect) and bottom is drilled and it comes with two 1/2" bulkheads. The tank also comes with 2 7watt heaters, a hob filter and a 13watt compact florescent lamp. I have two replacement bulbs(one 50/50 and one 6500K) for the lamp but neither will work without modification. The bulkheads are not perfect, they have Great Stuff remains all over them and I already attached pvc to them. I cut the pvc off, but left enough to attach an adapter to it. They are still very usable. I will toss some sandpaper in the box to get the rest of the "Great Stuff" off.

Are you getting rid of your Contest tank?

Are you getting rid of your Contest tank?

Yeah, I quit the contest awhile ago, It has just been sitting and has never had water in it. Life has a funny way of getting in the way of things.

IO will take it if no one else will!

Yeah, I quit the contest awhile ago, It has just been sitting and has never had water in it. Life has a funny way of getting in the way of things.

I was anticipating your tank. It was easily the best contest tank and didn't have any water in it.

:angry:

Archived