Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Any 5D Mark ii Owners?

divecj5

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some canon finally is going to allow manual exposure control with a free firmware update. Its about time....

3094_canon_5dmkii_announce.jpg

TriggerHappyDude

Not to go off the 5D Mark II subject, as this is a little big about that, its about tripods and ballheads etc...

What do you all use for your stuff? Manfrotto, Giottos, Gitzo, Really Right Stuff, Markins, etc?

At the moment a tiltall and an ancient HUGE Gitzo aluminum tripod I picked up for $25. I do want to pick up something a little nicer at some point. I'll probably get a Manfrotto or Feisol.

TriggerHappyDude

I am more fond of Target over Wal-Mart, it holds a special place in my heart, since I worked my way through college there over 10 years ago.

Will always be a Target fan!

I am more fond of Target over Wal-Mart, it holds a special place in my heart, since I worked my way through college there over 10 years ago.

Will always be a Target fan!

Wow I didn't even know target existed 10 years ago lol.

summers.enemy

I have a Manfrotto, but for many years I used cheap Walmart/Target type tripods and they worked ok provided you weren't in a windy location.

My dad and I share a manfrotto with a ball head when I'm home otherwise I use a crappy old one (rarely use it though).

TriggerHappyDude
I have a Manfrotto, but for many years I used cheap Walmart/Target type tripods and they worked ok provided you weren't in a windy location.

OKLAHOMA where the wind comes sweeping down the plain...

Thats where I live, wind is terrible here.

We don't have a lot of choices for camera stores, so I'm just getting the feedback from you all and others elsewhere to see what popular brands are and who uses what for what kinds of shots etc...I have only seen Giottos in person, they are nice and not too expensive. Not like some others I've seen, Gitzo etc...

WHERE'S DA PICS???? <_<

crappy ritz sale tripod, already broken. but it was like 15 bucks for a normally priced $50 tripod. 3rd one i've broken now...

it still works though, and i can't see the point of something more expensive to break while i'm fumbling around in the dark.

TriggerHappyDude

I'll post some here in a bit, sorry, just been busy, and really don't have anything too exciting to show, but will post some, I promise I'm not under the impression the brand name Canon = awesome pics, I have a lot to learn about these DSLRs. Does Photobucket accept RAW images?

TriggerHappyDude

I've had these over on my Solana Tank build thread for a few days...working on the others that are not fish tank related...some were taken with the 50mm f/1.8 II and some with the 24-70mm f/2.8 L

Again, nothing special, just the very first shots I took with my camera of the tank.

IMG_0042.jpg

IMG_0043.jpg

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0055.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

IMG_0063.jpg

IMG_0064.jpg

IMG_0065.jpg

IMG_0066.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0068.jpg

IMG_0083.jpg

IMG_0084.jpg

IMG_0085.jpg

IMG_0087.jpg

TriggerHappyDude
Amvona if you dont want to spend alot and heavy duty. I have one that could hold up a house..its actually to much

Was actually thinking of replacing it with this one..Since this one is almost 2lbs lighter

http://www.adorama.com/VGTB100.html

Thats a decent looking setup there 05XRunner.

I have an issue, the pictures I've taken that are on my PC right now are all in RAW format, but none of my online choices to send them up to accept RAW except my Picasa, but I don't have enough room there. I need to convert or save the current RAW files a JPG to upload to Photobucket etc...still working on this.

TriggerHappyDude

Here are some simple photos I shot of the dogs...nothing fancy or artsy, just snapping to practice...

EDIT: Photos were removed from Photobucket, so I've edited this thread.

TriggerHappyDude

Can you all tell from these photo's of I got good or bad copies of the lenses I bought?

Can you all tell from these photo's of I got good or bad copies of the lenses I bought?

i would need to see the exif info from each photo. The last shot looks like it suffered from motion blur or you just missed the focus but to be sure post the exif for each shot.

Archived