Cultivated Reef

Steely's 40 breeder

steely185

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a few topdown videos.

Been thinking of upgrading to a 150 and combining my two tanks. Don't think it would go over well with my girlfriend though. May have to work on it some.

Been thinking of upgrading to a 150 and combining my two tanks. Don't think it would go over well with my girlfriend though. May have to work on it some.

Looks really nice. But why are your videos sideways on youtube?

I used an IPhone for the video and I think sometimes when shooting straight down with the phone it doesn't know when to make it a vertical or horizontal frame.

Interested in the 37g tank if you do.

Thanks. I couldn't quite get some of the shots I wanted. I had too much natural light coming in to get a good shot. I'm sure I will have to do some fragging at some point. Everything is growing so well. Really looking hard at going with a big tank to combine both reefs.

I'd love to go 250-300 range or an elos 160 xl but not now. Probably 120-150 gallons more than likely rimmed. I'll be moving in the next 8 months so something manageable to move.

If your moving in 8 months id wait to upgrade if i were you. I mean i moved much smaller tanks and it was such a hassle. I couldnt imagine moving something over 100 gallons.. Well whatever you decide im sure it will be epic.

I'd love to go 250-300 range or an elos 160 xl but not now. Probably 120-150 gallons more than likely rimmed. I'll be moving in the next 8 months so something manageable to move.

You should assemble the parts for a 150-200 gal range tank and set it up when you move. It will save you a headache.

Tank looks good man.

Thanks guys.

It's all crossed my mind. I figure moving one large won't be any worse than moving two medium size tanks. Just thinking about it and waiting for that nice deal that is bound to come around sooner or later. I pretty much have most of the parts in place already. I would just need some additional rock and sand. I may pick up some dry rock and cycle it in my sump for the hell of it.

IMO, it would probably be easier to move one larger tank than two smaller ones. You would only be breaking down and setting up one system, which is what takes the longest.

Just a quick update. My red firefish finally died. The blue damsel constantly picked at him. The purple firefish is fine and has never been bothered by the blue damsel.

Here are the new ORA frags.

Blue iris

IMG_1977.jpg

IMG_1980.jpg

Bellina

IMG_1978.jpg

IMG_1979.jpg

Archived