Pod Your Reef

Steely's 40 breeder

steely185

Far too early to tell but I may be starting to see a bit more polyp extension on a few pieces of SPS. So far so good with the bio pellets.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After a couple weeks of biopellets the skimmate production has increased. I'm getting more skimmate and it is more green now than a brown color. I'm also seeing slightly more polyp extension.

No updates on the pellets. No changes noticed, maybe a little cleaner tank. I need to get in there and do some work. The sponge at the base of the reactor has lifted on one side. This has caused one side to get a lot more flow and the other to sit clumped up. I'll probably fix that this weekend.

Thank you.

I was meaning to post this earlier but forgot. Nothing much but you can really see the urchin's teeth working.

super packed, you say? i mean, if you're trying to thin anything out... like that blue mille pictured in your TOTM thread, for instance... just saying.

Thanks guys. I'm eager to lock up a deal on a new tank and get everything some space. When I move everything to a new tank it's going to seem like a insta reef but everything will have room.

So you took your tank of the month tank (which was a deserving win for sure) and DOUBLED the amount of amazing coral in it? My brain just exploded.

I actually think it looks awesome with those pieces on the back glass!

Update us when you find your next tank.

So you took your tank of the month tank (which was a deserving win for sure) and DOUBLED the amount of amazing coral in it? My brain just exploded.

I actually think it looks awesome with those pieces on the back glass!

Update us when you find your next tank.

Thanks. I actually just got off the phone with the person selling the tank. I will be picking up a marineland 150 gallon deep dimension tank, stand, and canopy with lumenarc reflector. I plan on running a single 400 watt metal halide on a galaxy e ballast. I will either run a radium 20k or plus rite 20k.

Archived