SaltCritters.com

Steely's 40 breeder

steely185

Don't plan to add anymore fish. If I got a screen top I may add another lubbocks fairy wrasse. I loved the one I had that jumped out. I really like wrasses but they almost all are carpet surfers.

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
This is what I was thinking about going with so let me know what you think and what else I may need.

http://www.rapidled.com/servlet/the-54/24-...mium-LED/Detail

If you want more blue than white, I suggest you to go with the Q5 whites kit since this kit with the XPG whites doesn't come with optics for them and they are even brighter than Q5's so they will overpower the blues for sure. You could also ask Mike to send you like 18 blues and 6 whites. I'm building some actinics supplements also. I'll shoot you a PM with some info.

• 2 weeks later...

Not much to update. Had to clip back my spumosa since it was finally touch the pink cap. Getting some pretty good growth lately.

Moved over my ORA stuff from the other tank including my new purple plasma :)

Camera phone pics:

ded8897f.jpg

cc0b0b0c.jpg

49312f6b.jpg

WOW,

Looking very nice, I just hope mine turns out a fraction of how nice this is looking.

Great idea mounting those frags on the back wall.

Thanks a lot. Just give things some time and no need to over complicate things. It will turn out well.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't updated this tank in a bit. Things are growing well. Both caps have put on a 1/2"-1" in growth in the last month. My purple cap is almost touching my red planet frag. Pink cap may have to get trimmed again soon.

Thinking of adding a stunned strip along the back. Just need to figure out how to mount it. Not much else to update at the moment.

Got plenty of algae and caulerpa growing. It hasn't over run the tank but I am tired of it. I'm seriously considering adding a small scopas tang to this tank to clean it up. He will have plenty to eat. I know it will enrage the tang police but may have to go that route.

Finally got around to doing some cleaning today. Both caps have been growing like crazy. I had to break some of the purple cap's rim that was about to touch some red planet. I may move my montipora spumosa over a couple inches soon. I fragged a branch in the last couple weeks and the cap is almost touching it again. Growth is good though.

I had to frag a few pieces today. Also cut away some GSP. It had begun to irritate two pieces of SPS that it grew near. Really amazed at the growth on my joe the coral. It's got lots of new blue growth tips that are branching in several directions. It's been a traditionally slow grower but is doing well. Some of the other frags I moved over to heal and grow out a bit are doing real nice. My tyree undata has covered the entire plug and has new polyps showing up everyday.

I've been thinking of doing something new with this tank. Possibly clearing off the sand bed of corals with the exception of a few. Got the urge to do some new aquascaping but think I will fight the urge.

W0W. :wub: this tank is amazing. Hope mine looks this good :)

Thanks a lot. I've really enjoyed this breeder. It's almost at it's first birthday and I can only imagine when it hits it's second birthday.

I need to catch back up on some cleaning habits with this tank since I've neglected it a bit over the last couple months. It's doing great though.

Thanks a lot. I've really enjoyed this breeder. It's almost at it's first birthday and I can only imagine when it hits it's second birthday.

I need to catch back up on some cleaning habits with this tank since I've neglected it a bit over the last couple months. It's doing great though.

Lucky... I neglected my 20 for about 2 1/2 weeks and ended up with hair algae.....

But I plan to take good care of my pcoming 40B. I want lots of expensive corals lol, about a grand worth of zoas.... I would drop dead if I lost them.

Archived