steely185

• Replies 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks.

Fish list:

Pair of gold stripe maroons that have been paired for 3 years

pseudochromis fridmani

blue and gold damsel (forget what variety, have it listed in my 20 high thread)

green clown goby

tailspot blenny

That's all, only other fish I have had in this tank were wrasses and both went carpet surfing at one point.

More pics coming

IMG_1009-1.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

acropora nana getting it's color back slowly

IMG_1011.jpg

tyree undata frag growing nicely

IMG_1012.jpg

joe the coral growing nicely now

IMG_1013.jpg

pearlberry that was near death after falling on and acan echinata, grown back over dead skeleton

IMG_1015.jpg

mint chocolate montipora

IMG_0991.jpg

Lots of growth in the last year. This tank evolved from my 20H. Some stuff has bounced back and forth between my tanks over time. This one is my baby though. The shallow tank is quickly gaining ground and with some new acan frags on the way for tomorrow it should get nicer.

I think I will hold on to them. :)

I picked most of them up off eBay from buy the reef auctions. They have some auctions running now but not often.

Added my new acans today. They are small but for 10 bucks a piece and nice colors I'm not complaining. In due time they will grow. Put most of them in the 40 and two of them in the shallow tank.

Did some house cleaning tonight. Cleaned a lot of algae out and threw my cloves in the sump. Nuisance algae had begun to grow in the ball of cloves. Moved my clams around a bit to give them some better light as well.

Cleaned this big piece of bubble algae out.

297c6b7d.jpg

Mr Coral. I bought 5 and got two free from the raffle that comes with each $10 purchase. All of them were $10 corals. They all have 1-2 heads.

Best place I bought acans from was off of ebay from buy the reef. They have some stuff now. Didn't have to win to get the same acans with them. They gave 2nd chance offers.

I don't think I have the greatest collection. I refuse to pay unjustified prices for two heads of an acan or such. I look for variety and great prices. If something is super nice I may put some money down for it but within reason.

Thanks. I bought them when they were smaller but they have grown quite a bit since I bought them. I need to feed them more often. I only feed them every month or so at this point. My tanks do a good job of running themselves.

The red acans were eaten by another acan at one point leaving me with two heads. It grew back over the skeleton and grew several heads on the underside since then.

animalmaster6

I hear never feed them and they will grow faster and I hear feed them oncew a week and they'll grow faster. lol what's the truth?

They definitely puff up more when you feed them. I fed them this past weekend and they have puffed up a bit since then. I used to feed them more often when I first got acans and they grew pretty quickly. They will eat anything including ceriths.

Archived