Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Rare and nice corals, and fish!

weeber

"the real m'akoy chalice"

trade011-3.jpg

holy #$@$##$ makoy i think i just found my one and only thing i want for christmas. :)

Great pics of ur mccoskers everyone. i love mine.

• Replies 707
  • Created
  • Last Reply
holy #$@$##$ makoy i think i just found my one and only thing i want for christmas. :)

Great pics of ur mccoskers everyone. i love mine.

makoy with the /end thread.

sweet dendros i think i might get some when i reach my 1000th post (when i get there. only 41 more to go. :) ) as a little prestent. :) sweet zoas also.

Marv the bottom right scoly is the BOMB. :)

Emerald Mummy Eye

P6250171.jpg

Oregon Mummy Eye

P5280014.jpg

JenDub Big Mouth War Coral

100_1893.jpg

Micro Collection

Picture005.jpg

Jendub Pink Lemonade

100_1876.jpg

ATL Blood Red (MISS THIS CORAL SOOO MUCH)

100_1871.jpg

MIsc.

100_1830.jpg

100_1833.jpg

100_1839.jpg

New acans:

acans.jpg

Those are some nice acans. Does it have a name? I would love to get some like it.

BTW, those are some really sharp photos. What camera/lens are you using and would you mind sharing settings, like ISO and f-stop, you normally use to get it so darn sharp? I've been trying, for the life of me, to get my aquarium photos sharp but it seems almost impossible, for me atleast.

"the real m'akoy chalice"

Man that is one of the best looking chalices I have ever seen. I have not bought into the chalice trend yet but just looking at yours makes me want to. Too bad they are just so expensive.

Anyway, so many freakin' nice corals in this thread. Makes me wish I was a millionare. I just spent quite alot on corals yesterday just browsing through some of our sponsors' sites. They are nothing exotic but atleast for me they are since they are some of the most expensive corals I have ever bought. They would be the most "rare" corals in my tank but still probably not as rare as everyone else's corals. Hopefully they come exactly how they look online. I would like to contribute it to this thread when I get them.

BTW, there are some nice war corals here. One of the reasons I went on a shopping spree yesterday was cause I saw a nice war coral on ReefGardener.com a few days ago and when I came back yesterday, I missed out on it. I didn't want any of the corals that I liked slip away again. So I bought some that I really liked. I'm now on the look out for a nice piece of war coral. lol.

12 polyps of PD's for only $30!! my first "rare" coral lol

CSC_0184.jpg

dude sweet coral and even sweeter price i cant wait to get my first nuke or death. :)

Those are some nice acans. Does it have a name? I would love to get some like it.

BTW, those are some really sharp photos. What camera/lens are you using and would you mind sharing settings, like ISO and f-stop, you normally use to get it so darn sharp? I've been trying, for the life of me, to get my aquarium photos sharp but it seems almost impossible, for me atleast.

Thank you. :) I snagged this frag (6 heads) for $50. I honestly don't know if there is a specific name for them, or even what that name would be. I just happened to luck out on a find in the display tank at my LRS.

I'm shooting on a Canon 40D body on a SLIK Pro 700DX tripod with a Tamron 180mm F3.5 Lens. Most of the shots I take I tend to just utilize aperture/available light rather than futzing it up with fill flash. (I may experiment with a lightly blued gel for the flash so it doesn't give such a red tinge to shots, to supplement what I've got available)

The last few shots I've taken of the acans (including the two to follow) were taken at ISO 800, F3.5, 1/120th sec. (its in a 7g nano, so its not very deep into the water, and I've got 2x20w T5-HO over the tank. Hoping the light in my new tank will be equally as powerful, so I can get some nice shots in it as well)

acans12-12-09.jpg

acans12-122.jpg

And just because, here's a new photo of the baby dendro:

dendro12-12-09.jpg

Working at F3.5 on a telephoto macro as such requires some patience, as its basically a manual-focus lens. (it does have an AF motor, but the AF is just awful on this lens. Loud, slow, and hunts... when it does, expect it to take a good 6 seconds or more to cycle back to where you want it, only to potentially do it again) I learned very early on to use it as a manual-only lens, and since then it has never disappointed.

Thank you. :) I snagged this frag (6 heads) for $50. I honestly don't know if there is a specific name for them, or even what that name would be. I just happened to luck out on a find in the display tank at my LRS.

I'm shooting on a Canon 40D body on a SLIK Pro 700DX tripod with a Tamron 180mm F3.5 Lens. Most of the shots I take I tend to just utilize aperture/available light rather than futzing it up with fill flash. (I may experiment with a lightly blued gel for the flash so it doesn't give such a red tinge to shots, to supplement what I've got available)

The last few shots I've taken of the acans (including the two to follow) were taken at ISO 800, F3.5, 1/120th sec. (its in a 7g nano, so its not very deep into the water, and I've got 2x20w T5-HO over the tank. Hoping the light in my new tank will be equally as powerful, so I can get some nice shots in it as well)

acans12-12-09.jpg

acans12-122.jpg

And just because, here's a new photo of the baby dendro:

dendro12-12-09.jpg

Working at F3.5 on a telephoto macro as such requires some patience, as its basically a manual-focus lens. (it does have an AF motor, but the AF is just awful on this lens. Loud, slow, and hunts... when it does, expect it to take a good 6 seconds or more to cycle back to where you want it, only to potentially do it again) I learned very early on to use it as a manual-only lens, and since then it has never disappointed.

sweet pics i love the dendro.

I'm shooting on a Canon 40D body on a SLIK Pro 700DX tripod with a Tamron 180mm F3.5 Lens.

Thanks for the info. I'm using an XTi with a Canon 100mm macro. I use that lens pretty much in manual all the time as well for the same reason you stated. Looks like that extra 80mm allows you to get really get up close. I don't know if it's the thickness of my glass but it's very hard to take really sharp photos inside the tank, although my recent coral pics have come out alot sharper than before. I guess I just need more practice. Anyway, my shipment of corals should come tomorrow so I will take some photos and contribute to this thread. Btw, awesome shots especially of the baby dendro. I should try to see if I can get a shot of my sun coral babies. I have tons of them growing in my sun coral tank.

Archived