Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

davidr2340's 34 Gallon Solana Upgrade...

davidr2340

davidr2340

5-31-09008.jpg

5-31-09001.jpg

5-31-09002.jpg

5-31-09006.jpg

5-31-09003.jpg

5-31-09005.jpg

5-31-09004.jpg

5-31-09007.jpg

5-31-09010.jpg

5-31-09011.jpg

5-31-09013.jpg

5-31-09015.jpg

5-31-09017.jpg

5-31-09019.jpg

5-31-09020.jpg

Sorry for the horrible quality... Everything was pissed from having my hands in the tank!

Man, all these shots are horribly washed out!!! :o

Oh well... Enjoy.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
davidr2340
Beautiful tank! what is the name of the purple and green coral on the rock to the right?

Why thank you!!!

The on the rocks is a Hammer... The green and purple on on the sandbed is a Favia.

Why thank you!!!

The on the rocks is a Hammer... The green and purple on on the sandbed is a Favia.

You are welcome B)

so this guy is the Hammer?

5-31-09004.jpg

Where would one find this coral with similar coloration?

davidr2340
You are welcome B)

so this guy is the Hammer?

5-31-09004.jpg

Where would one find this coral with similar coloration?

Yep... That's my Hammer!

It normally looks a lot better (bigger), but it was pissed from being fragged and moved to the new tank! It's now under 250 watt MH, and a whole lot more flow, so we'll see how it does!

I got it from one of my LFS's as a three head frag!

The hammer is beautiful. Can't wait to see it fully open! I'm assuming the clowns are hosting it already. So, you left the frag in the other tank and moved the main colony over?

davidr2340
Dope picks as usually man i cant wait to see this ####er grow out. :happy:

Thanks bro!!!

As usual... I think they suck!!! :lol:

The hammer is beautiful. Can't wait to see it fully open! I'm assuming the clowns are hosting it already. So, you left the frag in the other tank and moved the main colony over?

Thanks... I love it as well! My clowns have hosted it for over a year now, and I just couldn't take the whole thing away from em... -_-

So yes... I moved the main colony over!

I spy some of mah babies in there methinks! :o

B)

Hmmmm... Maybe... Jus' maybe!!! :lol:

d'Espresso

Nice new addictions.. What kind of sand are you using? Should i use crush or fine sand? I dunno. Also i custom 2 x 27w pc blue actinic into my 150w Sunpod MH. :) my new tank is coming in this weds. The skimmer and my solana stand is coming in tomorrow morning and now will wait for the MP10 to come in in mid june. I think i look at your page to much and got me all excited:) i like the new corals u gots, i call first call whenever you frag them out. -dave

davidr2340
Nice new addictions.. What kind of sand are you using? Should i use crush or fine sand? I dunno. Also i custom 2 x 27w pc blue actinic into my 150w Sunpod MH. :) my new tank is coming in this weds. The skimmer and my solana stand is coming in tomorrow morning and now will wait for the MP10 to come in in mid june. I think i look at your page to much and got me all excited:) i like the new corals u gots, i call first call whenever you frag them out. -dave

Thanks Dave!

I am using 20 lbs. of CaribSea Seaflor Special Grade Reef Sand.

I wish I bought some new coral... All of these coralz are being transfered over from my NC24!

I look forward to seeing your tank bro!!!

d'Espresso

im kinda taking a break from putting my solana stand togethter. i don't know what i wanna do with the stand yet but i saw some great idea of the replacement glass of the stand. im thinking about tinting it Limo black. :) i will need some help on the ato and how it works later on. i haven't order one because i don't know what i need to get yet. How long did you cycle your tank? did you start off making a fresh start or did you transfer everything from your other tank? thanks for the good advice. -dave

davidr2340

For the glass on my stand, I used that crackled light panel from Lowes. It was only $5.00, and works great!

I'll probably need help on my ATO as well... I've never installed one!!! :o

My tank cycled for about a month... I used quite a bit of sand from my old tank, and a few peices of live rock rubble from the old tank as well. I'm probably moving fairly fast, but I'm very religious with my maintence. -_-

im kinda taking a break from putting my solana stand togethter. i don't know what i wanna do with the stand yet but i saw some great idea of the replacement glass of the stand. im thinking about tinting it Limo black. :) i will need some help on the ato and how it works later on. i haven't order one because i don't know what i need to get yet. How long did you cycle your tank? did you start off making a fresh start or did you transfer everything from your other tank? thanks for the good advice. -dave

davidr2340, would you mind measuring how thick your back wall is combined with the dry dock? I'm considering an mp10, but I'm worried I may not be able to mount it on the back of the tank as it only allows for a thickness of 9.5mm (3/8") and not 3/4" like the mp20.

davidr2340
davidr2340, would you mind measuring how thick your back wall is combined with the dry dock? I'm considering an mp10, but I'm worried I may not be able to mount it on the back of the tank as it only allows for a thickness of 9.5mm (3/8") and not 3/4" like the mp20.

It's 5/16" thick combined... You should be fine!!! :happydance:

Awesome! thanks. Do you think it'd be sufficient for a Solana? Also, I was thinking about mounting it to the right chamber with the ATO bottles removed. If I use a Tunze ATO... do you see a reason why I can't mount it in that chamber?

davidr2340
Awesome! thanks. Do you think it'd be sufficient for a Solana? Also, I was thinking about mounting it to the right chamber with the ATO bottles removed. If I use a Tunze ATO... do you see a reason why I can't mount it in that chamber?

You're welcome!

I think it would be sufficient for the Solana... But, if you think you are going to go bigger down the road, I'd go with the 20.

I think the dry side of the 10 is smaller then the 20, so I don't think it would be a problem going in the third chamber. The only concern I would have is, the way the second chamber is set up, it helps hold the Dry Dock up. The magnet on the Vortech isn't super strong to support the Dry Dock. If that makes any sense at all... :wacko:

You're welcome!

I think it would be sufficient for the Solana... But, if you think you are going to go bigger down the road, I'd go with the 20.

I think the dry side of the 10 is smaller then the 20, so I don't think it would be a problem going in the third chamber. The only concern I would have is, the way the second chamber is set up, it helps hold the Dry Dock up. The magnet on the Vortech isn't super strong to support the Dry Dock. If that makes any sense at all... :wacko:

I see... I guess I will see if i can find some way to clip it or adhere it to the wall without increasing the thickness. The dead center focal point bothers me a little. I think It'd look a little better offset. I'm coming from High tech FW where everything i have is inline and the only equipment in the tank are glass pipes. Would setting it to the side negatively impact its performance?

davidr2340
I see... I guess I will see if i can find some way to clip it or adhere it to the wall without increasing the thickness. The dead center focal point bothers me a little. I think It'd look a little better offset. I'm coming from High tech FW where everything i have is inline and the only equipment in the tank are glass pipes. Would setting it to the side negatively impact its performance?

:o

That planted tank is...

350745335_682b6dfa9b.jpg?v=0

I think offsetting it would be fine!

:o

That planted tank is...

350745335_682b6dfa9b.jpg?v=0

Why do you think I'm starting a SW tank? lol j/k

lol that picture was of a brand new tank I set up last week that was 15 minutes old at the time ... it will be a couple of months before it grows in. There's also no livestock in it at the moment.

I think offsetting it would be fine!

Awesome! I'm such a newb. I'm glad really glad their are experienced Solana owners out there. :wub:

davidr2340
Why do you think I'm starting a SW tank? lol j/k

lol that picture was of a brand new tank I set up last week that was 15 minutes old at the time ... it will be a couple of months before it grows in. There's also no livestock in it at the moment.

Awesome! I'm such a newb. I'm glad really glad their are experienced Solana owners out there. :wub:

Serious...??? 15 minutes old!!! :o

Anyway, I am about the furthest thing from an "experienced" Solana owner as you're going to find!!! :lol:

I just hope I can offer you a bit of help!!! :happy:

I followed your advice and got the mp20. Where did you get your purple/green hammer from? I want one when the time comes.

davidr2340
I followed your advice and got the mp20. Where did you get your purple/green hammer from? I want one when the time comes.

:happydance:

You will love it bro!!!

I got it from a LFS near me. I do have a frag of it... :ninja:

Archived