Top Shelf Aquatics

davidr2340's 34 Gallon Solana Upgrade...

davidr2340

WOW it has been forever since I visited this site...

Your tank is looking mighty sweet! I need to update soon its only been a couple of months since that.... But anyways keep up the awesome work.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
TriggerHappyDude

David,

Back to another question on the Dry Dock box, did you remove the blue filter pad and the grated shelf it sits on or just the pad? I have both in right now, and put the Dry Dock box in and the tank starts to back up...not sure what I'm doing wrong?

• 2 weeks later...
Needreefunds

Ugh, I keep postin' in dat udder thread thinking its this thread....

You tryin' to confuse me ? :wacko:

Ok, so axe again...pichers pweez.

kthnksbye

:happy:

davidr2340
WOW it has been forever since I visited this site...

Your tank is looking mighty sweet! I need to update soon its only been a couple of months since that.... But anyways keep up the awesome work.

Thanks bro... Come around more often!!!

Ugh, I keep postin' in dat udder thread thinking its this thread....

You tryin' to confuse me ? :wacko:

Ok, so axe again...pichers pweez.

kthnksbye

:happy:

No pichers for uz Richie... GHA make for some ugry pichers!!! omgomgomg

Since its sunday tank-day, i expect some kind of update. :closedeyes: Oh yea, hops sprouted! :Domgomgomg

:sendmehops:

Serious!!!

;)

• 2 weeks later...
d'Espresso

im still on the search and researching on what to do, what i need to get started and equipments on building a simple, clean look, automatic, and easy to handle to build a tank like yours. i am going for the Solana 34 gallon. So i landed on your page and enjoyed what you have done. i will be following your thread but i would like to know if you can pm the list and price and where to get everything done. This would be a thrill to me if you can do that. thanks :)

davidr2340
im still on the search and researching on what to do, what i need to get started and equipments on building a simple, clean look, automatic, and easy to handle to build a tank like yours. i am going for the Solana 34 gallon. So i landed on your page and enjoyed what you have done. i will be following your thread but i would like to know if you can pm the list and price and where to get everything done. This would be a thrill to me if you can do that. thanks :)

Message sent!

B)

davidr2340
:huh:

Well hello there!!!

Wow thats a quick response and great info and advices. Thanks alot!

Glad to be of help. Feel free to ask away!

d'Espresso

I can't wait to get all my orders in. I will need some help later when i have everything. Question: do when got to have a ACjr or RK controller? And will a MP10 be sufficent flow for a solana or should i go with MP20? Thanks -dave

davidr2340
I can't wait to get all my orders in. I will need some help later when i have everything. Question: do when got to have a ACjr or RK controller? And will a MP10 be sufficent flow for a solana or should i go with MP20? Thanks -dave

Feel free to ask anything!

IMO... No, you don't need a controller. Would it be nice to have one? HELL YEAH IT WOULD!!! :happy:

I'd go with the MP20 if you can. Easier to upgrade down the road! JMO though...

;)

Welcome SantaMonica! :welcome:

What brings you away from that great thread of yours, over to mine?

Needreefunds
Richie has gone and found tha mothaload of new smilieez!!! :lol:

They made me think of you buddeh, not sure why though? :rolleyes:

Is Toady still happy today??? :huh:

davidr2340
They made me think of you buddeh, not sure why though? :rolleyes:

Is Toady still happy today??? :huh:

That is exactly what I'm doing right now!!! Out on the deck, in my new "Bleeding Apple Scoly" patio set with a cigar, beer, and laptop!!! :lol:

Toady is :happydance: today!!!

Needreefunds
That is exactly what I'm doing right now!!! Out on the deck, in my new "Bleeding Apple Scoly" patio set with a cigar, beer, and laptop!!! :lol:

:haha:

Toady is :happydance: today!!!

:happydance:

d'Espresso

I've put in my order and just waiting on the tank and thinking of a controller. the last thing on my list i guess. i was thinking of going the Bonsai theme and lots of space for flow and room to play with. It was to late to change my order on the MP10 instead of MP20. Not to much of a change but also. Did you change out your stock return pump? i have a MJ900 sitting around and wonder if i should change it out to get good flow? if i do change it i will have MJ900 along MP10 running. should i change? Also How do you like your Dry dock Intank for your MP20? Sorry for the noob question. i just want to get everything going with a good understanding and what i need to modify. Thanks.

davidr2340
I've put in my order and just waiting on the tank and thinking of a controller. the last thing on my list i guess. i was thinking of going the Bonsai theme and lots of space for flow and room to play with. It was to late to change my order on the MP10 instead of MP20. Not to much of a change but also. Did you change out your stock return pump? i have a MJ900 sitting around and wonder if i should change it out to get good flow? if i do change it i will have MJ900 along MP10 running. should i change? Also How do you like your Dry dock Intank for your MP20? Sorry for the noob question. i just want to get everything going with a good understanding and what i need to modify. Thanks.

I changed out the stock return pump with a MJ1200, and like it a lot!

As far as the inTank Dry Dock goes... I :wub: it!!! Well worth the $$$ if you ask me!!!

davidr2340
Show me your fragged hammer. :rant:

:lol: ... and whats the beer of the hour??

Calm down... Calm down...

New pichers tomorrow bro!

Beer of the hour is HB "Spiced Holiday Ale"... :happy:

r8M6kWPu.gif

Whats going on bro?? hows that light treating ya? Well I finally set mine up (40g B cool kids group) but my picher taking ability sucks!

NanoReefNovice
Calm down... Calm down...

New pichers tomorrow bro!

Beer of the hour is HB "Spiced Holiday Ale"... :happy:

r8M6kWPu.gif

Ok ok... pics tomarrow. :P

Hows your holiday cinco de mayo beer tastin? :happy:

Im drinking up some mendo eye. -_-

davidr2340
Whats going on bro?? hows that light treating ya? Well I finally set mine up (40g B cool kids group) but my picher taking ability sucks!

PICHERS NOW BRO!!!

Light is doing great!!! I bought a new "used" bulb for a few weeks ago, and when I was going to put it in, I broke the damn bulb!!! omgomgomg I really need to change out the stock bulb, but other than that, all is good!

Ok ok... pics tomarrow. :P

Hows your holiday cinco de mayo beer tastin? :happy:

Im drinking up some mendo eye. -_-

"holiday cinco de mayo beer" is purty darn tasty!!! :happy:

Archived