Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

fastandsneaky

Hi,

I'm not here to bash your tank because I envy your tank and its really is a gorgeous piece of art. No one really had the intention of making "childish remarks" or the purpose of degrading your tank. However, the way you have been responding to the advice given could be interpreted as a "little childish." This is a forum, and you should be open to all types of criticism though there are positives and negatives. You maybe right and your tank is stable enough to support the life you have introduced to the tank, or you might be wrong, no one really knows.

Fastandsneaky

P.S.

Lets get back to the tank and its progression, I think we all know her position as well as most of the other reefers :P . Just trying to find some peace once again among N-Rers. :grouphug:

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your attitude is childish. If you want to be spoken to like an adult, act like one. If you only take advice that parallels what you plan to do anyway, you'll end up learning how to be successful at this hobby the hard way.

If you want to bend or break the general rules of reefkeeping, by all means, go for it. Most of the general rules are crap anyway (lbs per gallon, watts per gallon, 1" of fish per 5 gallons, etc), but you need to fully comprehend why the rules were made before you can go and attempt to break them. Patience is the #1 rule to this hobby, and breaking it always leads to bad things.

Anyway, good luck, I hope they do well. I'd hate to see what looks like $400 worth of corals die because of negligence.

I'm not going to battle wits with you Vic. Thanks for your input and you should really tone me in on where I didn't act like an adult. I'm paid to be a professional 8 hours of the day and I act like one, and I know when someone is acting childish. It's great you took the opportunity to actually call me childish when I introduced the word. I can go ahead and say I have called nobody, anything, therefore illustrating my point of the type of "constructive" criticism I have been recieving.

Yup, Pure entertainment.

Comedic relief aside, I see you stated no pictures because light is off. I shall return when pictures are posted. I'm pretty much at my limit for typing in a thread without updated photos!

Keep it up!

Cheers,

Rocket.

FWIW, it's your combative attitude that is causing all of this. The "know-it-all, I don't care what you think you're wrong" attitude usually doesn't mesh well with people here, because there is always something to learn.

But good luck.

Why do people insist on giving advice when no one asked for it? The subject has been hit on enough, why is it still an issue one way or the other? Who cares?

Don't even try the lounge. I've attempted two intelligent conversations and topics only to have ignorant delinquents respond with pointless accusations.

untitled.jpg

:bowdown:

Why do people insist on giving advice when no one asked for it? The subject has been hit on enough, why is it still an issue one way or the other? Who cares?

Shut it capt save-a-ho.

This noob is trying to justify her failure by claiming she knows what shes doing, if you read every post shes made in this thread anyone who knows something about reefing can gather shes a moron.

If this was a guys thread we wouldn't even be having this convo.

Shut it capt save-a-ho.

This noob is trying to justify her failure by claiming she knows what shes doing, if you read every post shes made in this thread anyone who knows something about reefing can gather shes a moron.

Just wondering, how's that myspace record label cutting out for ya?

Time will tell what happens with this tank. I share many of the opinions voicing concern over the hastiness to add things to a brand new setup, but what's done is done. You're not going to listen to conventional wisdom, and if things survive, you got lucky, but it's a shame anyone would take that risk with such nice livestock.

One of the benefits of this board is learning from other reefers who are happy to share both advice and criticism (some more tactful than others.) How you choose to take those things and grow as a reefer is up to you, but by telling people to more or less F off when they try to prevent you from making a mistake instead of understanding why they're telling you not to do something is up to you. But if a month from now everything is dead in that tank, not only will you be ripped a new one on this board, but no one will ever take anything you have to say seriously.

Best of luck.

:bowdown:

I think you should give it a try, it's nice people in there. :happydance: The Lounge is where the salty dogs are (and the majority of the mods, lol).

I think you should give it a try, it's nice people in there. :happydance: The Lounge is where the salty dogs are (and the majority of the mods, lol).

You kidding me Vic? I'm getting hammered enough here.. No thank you :) But you're welcome to stop by whenever you want hehe

Shut it capt save-a-ho.

Thats where your wrong, as you are so often. I don't care who the hell it is or what sex they are and if you've paid any attention to any of my other posts you would know that. This is the same old song and dance whether its with a tank that "isn't balanced" or fish that get too big for the tank. Who cares? Do you actually think your going to change someones mind by bombarding them with your awesome reefer intellect (not talking about reefing either)?

Honestly, I think your jealous because she has a Elos tank and your using cinder blocks for a tank stand.

Oh and I'm sure there will be a comment coming about how you thing the Elos tanks are ugly and how you hate tangs, clowns and all the popular stuff since your Mr. Original.

You kidding me Vic? I'm getting hammered enough here.. No thank you :) But you're welcome to stop by whenever you want hehe

It's really not near as bad as people make it out to be, honestly. There's a lot of good information to be had in there; politics, religion, LOLcats, science, etc. We've got it all :) It's by far the best lounge out of any forum I visit (which is a lot).

I really do hope your corals do well, but I can't help but feel like some of them are in trouble (from past experience).

It's fine by me if some of you seem to be fixated on the concept of a "new system" not being established just because a tank is new. We can agree to disagree on our interpretation of what an established system really is, be it the system being just the live rock and sand as a whole (not including water because water isn't what cycles), or the plastic, glass and carbonated material that encases the livestock within.

If you feel it's the latter than sure, it's not an establshed tank, but my interpretation along with many others would see it fit to say that the tank is established for reasons I won't repeat again.

If you want to stick to your fixation, because you're too scared, or even stupid, to think for yourself by not being able to evaluate what the "rules" are, and being able to interpreting them yourself and make it work, then that's not my fault. Our Reef Hall of Famer's had to make this "rule of thumb" so that nobody had to think in this hobby with the advancement of technology and after years and years of incidents and mishaps, this "rule of thumb" just became a rule and was never stressed on more. "It's just easier if we tell everyone the same ###### so maybe there's no margin of error"

Well, I'm pretty educated myself, and in a lot more ways than just having common sense, and there is a margin of error, and I did take precautions to cover my ass if there was to be any error.

New York has a backbone of numerous local reefers and my intent HERE is for distant members to enjoy in my adventure. My research and information here isn't tampered and I sure as hell know what I'm doing :) . Lights are out, time to go to work and pretending i'm working while I read this, soon to be flame war, of a thread.

Regards,

"Princess"

not cynical, realistic. you've got a great tank with great equipment, but that doesn't speed up natures process. your tank may cycle quick, but that doesn't mean that it's even remotely stable enough for SPS. check my thread i break all kinds of "rules", but some shouldn't be f"ed with.

btw, this isn't this cowboys first rodeo. i was just trying to give a newb some useful advice, sorry it isn't what you wanted to hear, princess.

good luck w/ your tank, it has immense potential.

ty's right, we're not going to change your mind (obviously), which is just fine. it's your tank, you do what you want with it. however, i think most of us were just trying to offer up a little advice. whatever, rock on girl.

still would like to see some updated pics, just sayin'...

Cowboy

ty's right, we're not going to change your mind (obviously), which is just fine. it's your tank, you do what you want with it. however, i think most of us were just trying to offer up a little advice. whatever, rock on girl.

still would like to see some updated pics, just sayin'...

Cowboy

I will Cowboy, as soon as I get out of work. It's really slow today so I can actually sneak out of here, but not to take pictures of my tank -_-

I'm going to see if I can bring my True perc back to the LFS so they can hold it for me to slow down any possible ammonia spike. Two nights ago, I fed coral frenzy and experienced a diatom break out but the red hermits took care of it the past two nights, so you should see clean sand once again.

I really will take pics as soon as I get home. Time to get back to work now. :(

I will Cowboy, as soon as I get out of work. It's really slow today so I can actually sneak out of here, but not to take pictures of my tank -_-

I'm going to see if I can bring my True perc back to the LFS so they can hold it for me to slow down any possible ammonia spike. Two nights ago, I fed coral frenzy and experienced a diatom break out but the red hermits took care of it the past two nights, so you should see clean sand once again.

I really will take pics as soon as I get home. Time to get back to work now. :(

patience is the key.

Cowboy

diatoms are a sign of a healthy tank and usually* signify the end of the initial cycle. Next comes the hair algae ;)

*not true in all cases and not meant to be a determining factor about when it is safe to add fish/corals/CuC

Oh and I'm sure there will be a comment coming about how you thing the Elos tanks are ugly and how you hate tangs, clowns and all the popular stuff since your Mr. Original.

Says the guy with the tang in the 40 gallon lmfao.

Mr. Original is right god damnit.

Just wondering, how's that myspace record label cutting out for ya?

Myspace label? I slang demos out the trunk fruitcup.. labels are for people who can't manage themselves... I like getting 6 bucks a sale.. not .06. Regardless, you are still a noob and can't do much about changing that can you.

Archived