Pod Your Reef

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

More pictures! YAY!!! Cool looking corals. And wow Just noticed I made signature. Neat! :happy:

Phixion: What do you mean warping glass? Is this an Elos isolated incident? I think the most common problem people have with these amazing pumps is finding the sweet spot when you place the magnets together. When installed correctly the VorTechs are quiet. For the record I run my mp40w on 100% power.

Not warping, but I've heard it can put minor stress on the glass. And I know there's been issues with the Votechs and acrylic tanks.... I don't recall what exactly so I don't want to throw out any incorrect info on that, other than I've read of issues or potential issues. Don't take it as the pump will damage anything though, not with glass at least.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put in an order of nice frags to come Wednesday.

Stay tuned!

Damn, your going to have to start culling some frags, send them my way :)

I admire your persistence Kraylen.......

erichatesmice

Babyham, I replied to your RC thread about this and also about your microbubble problem. If you really want blue, in my opinion it will be UGLIER adding actinics to the existing E-Lite than to just go with another lighting system altogether.

If you have the cash to blow and you REALLY want the blue, go with an AI. Or you can save a bit and go with a 20" T5 or small halide.

I gave up too on the light...

Elos_Mini_Tank_2_by_eksong.jpg

Thanks for helping out Eric, here and there :P (More there) but you've been great help.

First the bad news. I went to my LFS to find out they sold my perc so I got my money back and in return, I was pretty PO'd.

New things to come this week. Eric's onyx clowns coming on Wendesday. As a result I'm going to dial down the vortech to nearly 20% hopefully it's still enough for the SPS corals.

And of course, some new corals this week. Also debating on converting the light to an AI as well. Thanks for the help

disaster999

great tank you have here, too bad the elos light isnt really working out. although i dont think the AL LED would throw off the lines too much, the color in the tank would be amazing tho

Nice tank! I just finished setting mine up (yippee).

Curious, why are you unhappy with the e-lite? Is the switch due to your interest in keeping SPS? Are they unhappy?

Thanks! :)

No, they're very happy.

It's me that's not happy. I like the 14k-20k look.

Colors that don't jump out are just depressing

Aw That's sad. Here have a Flower :flower:

On a more important note. I have come up with a cheap solution to your problem.

Just use this and wrap your tank with it. Presto insta-blue tint. Enjoy.

146-297_large.jpg

Reefinainteasy

Tank looks very cool and nice...would you buy this system again if you had the choice? Just read that you are looking for additional or possible replacement for your lights because but doesn't sort of ruin the whole purpose of getting it? I have been debating on getting one and the light was an issue of mine. Would you recommend it? And if you do decide to go with an AI light system, wouldn't it have been cheaper to get Solana of sort because its bigger and could still slap on the LED system? Sorry I have never seen it in person and would like the perspectives of people who own none. Thank you.

Tank looks very cool and nice...would you buy this system again if you had the choice? Just read that you are looking for additional or possible replacement for your lights because but doesn't sort of ruin the whole purpose of getting it? I have been debating on getting one and the light was an issue of mine. Would you recommend it? And if you do decide to go with an AI light system, wouldn't it have been cheaper to get Solana of sort because its bigger and could still slap on the LED system? Sorry I have never seen it in person and would like the perspectives of people who own none. Thank you.

The tank is superb, dont' get me wrong. It's also adequate in every possible way. The light is also efficient in regards to keeping livestock. Any reasons that I, or others, may have to replace units is based solely for personal reasons. The 20 gallon volume was exactly what I was looking for in my NY apartment, and the biggest thing that won me over was the fact that it had a sump.

The only competition this elos has is a custom built tank, and I did have that option, just chose not to go that route. The tank and system itself is great. As another reef member had mentioned, we're part of the 1st generation of Elos owners so there are issues bound to arise. If I were to buy it again, I probably would because it is a good system. The quality of it is really good, and it matches all my IKEA furnuture :D

Hope that helps

Aw That's sad. Here have a Flower :flower:

On a more important note. I have come up with a cheap solution to your problem.

Just use this and wrap your tank with it. Presto insta-blue tint. Enjoy.

146-297_large.jpg

Quick update on things to come this month

- Replacing my beloved perc with Christoclowns 2x onyx clowns :) (Thanks Eric)

- Frags of Purple Hornets (3), Hybrid PPE (3), True RPE or GPE (don't really care either lol)

- Aquaillumination 12'' Module fixture to replace the E-Lite.

- Selling the E-Lite.*

Huge snowstorm here, and I still went to work because I'm a loser. Hope the livestock makes it this week in the cold weather. Still waiting to touch base with the two. Plesae get get to me if you read this.

BH6

erichatesmice
Quick update on things to come this month

- Replacing my beloved perc with Christoclowns 2x onyx clowns :) (Thanks Eric)

- Frags of Purple Hornets (3), Hybrid PPE (3), True RPE or GPE (don't really care either lol)

- Aquaillumination 12'' Module fixture to replace the E-Lite.

- Selling the E-Lite at a very generous amount. Probably the amount of a 150w sunpod or 250w new - How's that for an estimate!

Huge snowstorm here, and I still went to work because I'm a loser. Hope the livestock makes it this week in the cold weather. Still waiting to touch base with the two. Plesae get get to me if you read this.

BH6

Babyham, I would say if you're not in a hurry you could sell the E-Lite for at least $400.

AI fixture this Friday :)

Awesome, can't wait to see pics of it over the tank! :)

I'd probably still go to work in the snow... =/ Just keep an eye on your temps and adjust your heater accordingly, good luck!!

I'd probably still go to work in the snow... =/ Just keep an eye on your temps and adjust your heater accordingly, good luck!!

Lol, what are you talking about? :P

My temps are fine o.O

I'll go on a limb and assume you misunderstood me about the snow storm. My two packages of livestock are coming tomorrow and I was contemplating on reshceduling delivery on a warmer date. Unless you are a mailman and said you'd still deliver on a snow day lol, but that latter statement boggles me.

I got my tracking from Christoclowns! Just waiting for Marvin for my fraggies. yay :)

Lol, what are you talking about? :P

My temps are fine o.O

I'll go on a limb and assume you misunderstood me about the snow storm. My two packages of livestock are coming tomorrow and I was contemplating on reshceduling delivery on a warmer date. Unless you are a mailman and said you'd still deliver on a snow day lol, but that latter statement boggles me.

I got my tracking from Christoclowns! Just waiting for Marvin for my fraggies. yay :)

I did mis-read, now it makes better sense, lol! It's like here when I get stuff shipped and worry about it sitting on the porch in near 100 degree temps. :( I don't know of the one seller you're waiting on a shipment from, but I'm pretty certain Marvin packs his stuff well and checks how the temps are where it's shipping to, to see if heat packs are needed or not. If I was a mailman, I wouldn't go out in the snow unless they furnished me with a Hummer, lol! :P Alas we don't really get snow here and rain isn't an excuse to not go to work... *sigh* =/

MarvinsReef

your Hornets are on the way.. with their partner in crime... they'll soon find out who the partners are.... ;)

call me tomorrow when they arrive... :)

Archived