Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:lol: !

i hope everything is alright!

Sweet frags you got there :D!!! Tank is looking absolutely amazing!!!

You and Makoy are convincing me to get those Purple Hornet zoos :D :D :D

-David

I looked everywhere and felt for wet spots... NONE.

To damn funny. Sorry, but I had to laugh at this. :P

Good luck finding your leak, hopefully you find it before it gets worse.

Here's a tip for you. Tie small rags around your hoses at the bottom, top or any where there is a connection. Whichever one gets soaked you'll know where the leak is.

erichatesmice

Babyham, I sold mines for $400. A friend of mine was able to sell it for $700. I would say $400 is a good low range to sell if you can wait. You're targeting maybe 1% of the buyers out there but wait long enough and you'll find someone to buy it. It's not that hard considering there is absolutely no other way to buy this light.

Also, let me know if you spot where the leak came from. Once I had a mystery spot as well, and I isolated it to somewhere in my drain or return but I never found out and I could never replicate it. I assumed I had knocked the corrugated tubing a little loose and it had spilled out because there was no leak in any of my fittings. Still don't know for certain what happened. It was maybe a cup of water on the floor, not much.

Also, let me know if you spot where the leak came from. Once I had a mystery spot as well, and I isolated it to somewhere in my drain or return but I never found out and I could never replicate it. I assumed I had knocked the corrugated tubing a little loose and it had spilled out because there was no leak in any of my fittings. Still don't know for certain what happened. It was maybe a cup of water on the floor, not much.

Same amount. I moved the tank forward from the stand to release any sort of pressure the stand might have enduced on the fittings.

I'll keep you updated.

:scarry:

The good and the bad about saltwater is that it leaves a trace.

I know what you are feeling though. It takes a while to go away. Had it happen to me early on my latest tank build.

Good luck.

not_sponsored

I did the same thing with the filter sock, I had it resting on the rim of the sump and it created a fast drip on to the floor, took me forever to find it as I was looking at all the plumbing first.

The drain pipe wasn't resting on the sump. It was going directly into it's designated chamber.

I don't knwo what it was really, but I think removing the sock, and re-installing the drain tube must've corrected it.

Crazy night. I can finally sleep now... Sigh

Glad everything is ok! And glad it wasn't anything with the tank itself. I think I'd have more a heart attack of the tank being damaged than flooding the floor out... =X

Anyways, once you have the new AI fixture in place, things should look better color wise for sure, but it'll take a few days. I'm eager to see the before and after pics of that. :)

Glad everything is ok! And glad it wasn't anything with the tank itself. I think I'd have more a heart attack of the tank being damaged than flooding the floor out... =X

Anyways, once you have the new AI fixture in place, things should look better color wise for sure, but it'll take a few days. I'm eager to see the before and after pics of that. :)

+1 I'm too lazy to type my own thoughts.

Got the light and the fixture. Greg over at reefgeek sent it out two different times due to the fact that the controller wasn't available yet at the time of order so he covered priority at a later date so it coudl get here on the same date. Great service!!

The box is sitting here on my desk at owrk and I'm DIEING to go home early. Eating lunch and it's quiet busy :(

Hope to get pics up tonight.

Yeah, I was sent a 250 watt bulb for my 150 watt pendant last night. I was so disappointed :( Waiting really sucks.

Pics of my new toy...

DSC_0840.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0827.jpg

DSC_0819.jpg

DSC_0828.jpg

DSC_0830.jpg

Not_Sponsored, you said you run one of these?

How did you go about mounting it? Vertically or horizontally?

I think horizontally looks better. Will post pic of that as well.

erichatesmice

BabyHam I think I see your issue. Horizontal would look much better.

PS. DO NOT RUN THEM AT 100% YET! I ran my lights at 100% and boy they are a big step up from the Elos Minis. I lost a couple of zoos, and some of my other corals were distressed until I lowered it. Even my clam at the bottom of the tank, kept moving away from the light on his rock until he tipped over.

In the end, I started my lights at 50/50 blue/white and am slowly increasing them (1% per day). I would suggest you do the same since the AI is comparable in brightness to the I5!

Eric

It's running at 35% white // 100% blue

I noticed this..

DSC_0843.jpg

Are there other possible mounts? I'd rather use those IMO.

I might just keep 35% and then eventually my end effect would be 45%

I have a 55minute duration of sunrise and sunset.

erichatesmice

You should call ReefGeek and ask, they should be able to help out. I'm not sure if the AI company itself is as responsive. It does look like grooves for mountings. Ever consider hanging it from the ceiling?

First impressions what do you think of the fixture? I'm very interested since I myself had only had experience with the Solaris LEDs.

I like it. It's the blue that I wanted as you can see. A nice mix of 14k ~ 20k. It's very easy to use, the controller is easy as cake.

You set the time you want it to begin sunrise and sunset, and you can choose the duration of these two light changes. The max amount of time being 55minutes so it's a graduale decrease of the light.

My day settings run at 35% white 100% blue and at night at about 9, it starts to sunset and by 9:55 the night mode will be reached, which is 5% white 80% blue.

Looks sweet but I knew you would get the "spot light" effect with only one module. I have two modules over a 19"x15" area and notice the corals on the edges still don't get enough light.

AI makes a suspension hanging kit so that might be a good option for you.

Looks sweet but I knew you would get the "spot light" effect with only one module. I have two modules over a 19"x15" area and notice the corals on the edges still don't get enough light.

AI makes a suspension hanging kit so that might be a good option for you.

I really like how it turned out.. A LOT. Maybe down the road, I can get another one. Maybe when I move into a bigger apt and plan on upgrading my tank to the Elos 70. This wil do for now. I really love the blue and can't stop looking at it, and it really still maintains the clean look.

Thanks for stoppin by Xenon :)

how much do those fixtures normaly run?

700 a module.

erichatesmice

Another thing which people don't really talk about. With an open top halides and T5s can light up your entire room. With LEDs because the light is so focused there is little if any light bleed. I can put my hand next to my tank and it will still be in shadow. IMO I like that.

Another thing which people don't really talk about. With an open top halides and T5s can light up your entire room. With LEDs because the light is so focused there is little if any light bleed. I can put my hand next to my tank and it will still be in shadow. IMO I like that.

I totally agree!

I don't see myself ever going back to T5's and MH.

Archived