Top Shelf Aquatics

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So third time is a charm... A local reef member came by and saw the tank, and seeing it in person I guess he saw something we didn't, so we let him scape away. Took her only 10 minutes to do and I must say, I really like it.

DSC_0924.jpg

Wow, the rescape looks awesome! B)

Bought a dremel w. diamond cut wheel!

Time to get a cutting :D

omgomgomg

The new scape looks so good.

And those clowns are beautiful

New toy

DSC_0940.jpg

This thing makes a mess, and I had to go through 3 or 4 frags to finally make it seem like I knew what I was doing. I can't count how many times something shot in my eye :(.

This is what it looks like now as my latest FTS:

DSC_0941.jpg

Anyone have an ID for this? I can always ask the guy who sold it to us but too lazy. By far my most favorite acro. (My favorite pieces are the sunset, superman, and pokerstar)

DSC_0945.jpg

Also never got a chance to update my controversial light stand and what it looks like now (got rid of the ugly pentagon and put up chains)

DSC_0946.jpg

joel sandoman

Wear goggles!

and something over your mouth too.

That frag looks like a tricolor

This guy is selling a coral that looks like that frag. Valida Tri-color

m'akoyPINOY

Anyone have an ID for this? I can always ask the guy who sold it to us but too lazy. By far my most favorite acro. (My favorite pieces are the sunset, superman, and pokerstar)

DSC_0945.jpg

it looks like a tri-color valida!amazing colors been wanting a frag myself! :)

joel sandoman

DSC_0945.jpg

it looks like a tir-color valida!amazing colors been wanting a frag myself! :)

See I told you!

New toy

DSC_0940.jpg

This thing makes a mess, and I had to go through 3 or 4 frags to finally make it seem like I knew what I was doing. I can't count how many times something shot in my eye :(.

Goggles/safety glasses are definitely your best friend when it comes to fragging with power tools! B) Also try cutting where the debris is directed away from you. Hard to do sometimes, but it makes a world of differance. Good luck!! :)

I wish there was a way to control the direction of rotation. It spins clockwise when holding it, so it shoots towards your stomache if you're cutting from the top. To get it to shoot the other way, you obviously have to shoot from bottom-up which is harder to do.

I wish there was a way to control the direction of rotation. It spins clockwise when holding it, so it shoots towards your stomache if you're cutting from the top. To get it to shoot the other way, you obviously have to shoot from bottom-up which is harder to do.

I agree, or miraculously become opposite handed than you are. :( Sometimes I wish I was ambidexterous, lol! What i do sometimes is put the items I'm cutting in a box and work it that way in there, then there's less to fly up, since most seems to go horizontal out, thus the box acts as a shield of sorts. It can be cumbersom that way, but it's another way to avoid some of the debris shower. Cutting metal is the worst with sparks flying! :blink: it's always advisable to wear long sleeves too, just to keep your arms clean and pain free as well. ;)

Aww thanks all. I'm contemplating on attending the next frag swap! The only problem is I have a wedding banquet that same day :(

I already reserved so that's no biggy.

I also have identified TWO crabs in my tank the size of my pinky nail :'(. One I believe is an emerald crab, and the second I believe is a gorilla crab (it's hairy). Regardless, they're both small, and I hope one of them kills the other so it makes my job easier when I fianlly have to worry about them when they get bigger. For now I'm not worried, but I see the emerald crab out a night a lot, just havne't had a chance to corner him good.

Did a water change last night (haven't missed a week yet :)) I saw a pearlbeary that mckoy has and fell in love with it. Maybe that will be my next piece :happydance:

Saving up for the next frag swap

i know this is really random but what kind of sand did you use?

Caribsea arag-alive fiji pink I believe. Or the Bimini pink. Something pink but the smaller one of the two.

Sidenote: I'm working on getting a frag pack from our fellow NR!!!!

Can anyone guess who?

Hint: Mr. Chalice!

MarvinsReef
Caribsea arag-alive fiji pink I believe. Or the Bimini pink. Something pink but the smaller one of the two.

Can anyone guess who?

Kenny! :D

m'akoyPINOY

Can anyone guess who?

yeah the pearlberry is my fav. now!

now tell us what you getting from ,kenny?

any hint?is it a chalice? -_-

yeah the pearlberry is my fav. now!

now tell us what you getting from ,kenny?

any hint?is it a chalice? -_-

You know me better than that Mckoy. Chalices are too pro for me :(

You'll just have to wait and see :P

Are you going to the fragswap?

Archived