Innovative Marine Aquariums

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Your clown is fine. Not sure if she knows just how big a Elos-Mini is. And the teeth comment...

+1 on that. What color are teeth supposed to be? ::gets self concious... :ninja: Time to change my avatar. lol...

How much would the ducans be if their still available?

PM Sent

How are all the params checking out for you after all of the new additions? Not going to comment on fast you are adding things (different strokes for different folks) but you will definitely want to keep an eye on Alk/Ca consumption. That is a lot of new calcium loving additions you have there. Just be diligent about water changes and parameters. It may take a while for the bacteria to proliferate enough to account for the increase in bioload so you might so a boost in algae.

How are all the params checking out for you after all of the new additions? Not going to comment on fast you are adding things (different strokes for different folks) but you will definitely want to keep an eye on Alk/Ca consumption. That is a lot of new calcium loving additions you have there. Just be diligent about water changes and parameters. It may take a while for the bacteria to proliferate enough to account for the increase in bioload so you might so a boost in algae.

It may be a little too early to really guesstimate on the consumption of calcium weekly, but being that it's half of a week, I do notice a steady drop in calcium from 420 to 400. If that's the case, I'd dose the designated amount every 3 days. Some local reefers here, I know a popular one that many people know in NY here doesn't even dose at all and runs a 150g sps/zoa reef where as another local reefer runs a 20H and doses everything from the 3 part magnesium to the 2 part B-Ionic.

It's a challenge to make sure I don't leave anything out, and knowing that I'm stocking pretty fast, I do feel it's possible as long as you keep a solid grasp on all the variables involved and affected.

Regards to bacteria, being that 60% of the LR was out of water for 5-6 hours, and the rest of the 40% had no exposion to water at all, I feel there was minimum to no die off. I never expected a cycle and never saw one. I felt there was no need to wait on something I was certain of with the credibility of my own tests and my local fish store.

Everything seems to be thriving. My biggest concern at the moment isnt' even the parameters but finding a good magnet cleaner that is strong enough to stay on the 3/4'' glass and not strong enough to scratch it. The super nimble nano I already have isn't strong enough to even stick on.

On that note, PM me so I can ship this thing out for anyone who needs it and can cover shipping costs... OR can trade me for a bag of filter floss - the walmart stuff hehe

Edit: I'm working on getting purple hornets! Just waiting for them to be ready :)

frags are doomed imo, sorry.

slow down a little.

oh yeah, i don't think the bottle brush in the first pic is actually a bottlbrush, but i could be wrong.

nice stuff btw, hope they make it!!

frags are doomed imo, sorry.

slow down a little.

oh yeah, i don't think the bottle brush in the first pic is actually a bottlbrush, but i could be wrong.

nice stuff btw, hope they make it!!

A little cynical are we? :blink: Thanks for stopping by cowboy.

The glass is really 3/4'' thick? WoW

http://www.drsfostersmith.com/product/prod...amp;pcatid=4083 If you look at the max glass thickness you would need the x-large one. Some how I don't think your tank is .75'' thick. maybe quarter or half inch. Then the medium or large would work. I own the large. Worked great on 1/4'' and now 1/2'' think glass.

You are actually right. I was at work as I wrote that comment. I do believe it is .25'' thick. Sorry. My biggest concern is, again, having too strong of a magnet that may scratch the glass. My sponge on a chopstick is working fine so far. It works, but you know...

I wouldn't think the scraper would scratch the glass. Most likely what will happen is you pick up sand particle that WILL scratch. To minimize the change I like to run the bottom last.

I wouldn't think the scraper would scratch the glass. Most likely what will happen is you pick up sand particle that WILL scratch. To minimize the change I like to run the bottom last.

do that! i have scratches in my glass cuz i fed up.

A scraper shouldn't scratch up glass. Sand very well can though. Just start at the top and scrape down to be safe. :) Use a plastic instead of metal scraper when possible too, this can also help minimize scratches.

I'm in the same boat though, the Super Nimble I use on my Finnex 30g glass tank won't even hold the water side magnet together when used on my "1/2 acrylic custom AIO tank... :( I'm trying to get Jerome to make something that will work for me and be powerful, lol!

Wow, good luck keeping these corals alive, you've got some nice pieces. I set up a tank over the weekend with fully cured rock, and sand from my previous tank. I'm planning to wait at LEAST 3-4 weeks before putting ANYTHING in there.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Wow, good luck keeping these corals alive, you've got some nice pieces. I set up a tank over the weekend with fully cured rock, and sand from my previous tank. I'm planning to wait at LEAST 3-4 weeks before putting ANYTHING in there.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Thanks, is that like an indirect insult towards my actions? fully cured rock and sand from your previous tank, but you stated you got brand new "black" sand, and would probably have to add 10lbs of new rock correct?

Thanks. Common sense wins the race my friend.

Not meant to be rude or anything really and I'm sure lajz9 wasn't either. It's just that you have some really nice stuff and you are doing your research and stuff. but your tank is too young and you are stocking it too fast. Yo wouldn't want to loose all those neet corals and stuff right? just slow down a bit. Good luck with the tank! and I will be tagging along.

Actually the rock and everything is completely new, thats not the point. Maybe you should do a little research and listen to the other members who post on here. Obviously you're here for a reason so why not take a little advice?

Archived