inTank Media Baskets

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Went to the LFS today to pick up an ATO from JBJ for 100 bucks. Wasn't working out as it's a bit big. Looking for something that is space conserving.

Does anyone have any good ones to recommend?

Tunze Osmolator. I'm using one with the Calcium Dispenser. Doesn't take up alot of room, and works fantastic.

I'm using an medical infusion pump as an ATO. Works pretty well, only takes a couple days to know your evaporation rate, then set the pump to that. It is also relatively small. Flexiflo infusion pump, $59 shipped on ebay...nice tank!

I was looking around for a Litermeter 3. Saw some dood selling it for 450 with a remote pump!

That's like the pirce of a brand new one.

I logged on to RC for the first time since I inquired about a Mini, and I saw a PM by jeremy from Premium Aquatics telling me he could get us a really good deal if we got it from him :eek::scarry:

I'm scared now because of my ignorance I didn't check it and I could have saved my bf some money :(

I asked him what I passed up on. Hopefully he doesn't say $1450 like someone else got shipped :*(

I'll feel so bad... sigh I'm scared now

WOW....I love your aquascape a lot!!! And big ups on the freebie as your first coral. NOTE - put VERY COLORFUL corals in your tank alright - that's the key - hehehe.

Lol, I finally get your name HB.

Yuck @ hatchbacks. GTI was my first car, then mazda3.. Got it right on my third try with my VW beetle woo! Lime green baby

Lol, I finally get your name HB.

Yuck @ hatchbacks. GTI was my first car, then mazda3.. Got it right on my third try with my VW beetle woo! Lime green baby

Ahhhhh...you mean the Wasabi looking green - hehe j/k...but yeah...that's why I went and got an Audi S4 V6 Twin Turbo for my second car...and for my third...not sure yet with this economy. Hey...are Elos stock lights good enough for SPS coral and how many watts total are you running?

Did a water change last night. I have some macro algae growing on the left live rock piece - growing fast too.

Will pick up a small CUC after work; should consist of some scarlet reef crabs and snails, hopefully astreas if I can find them locally. That will be basically it for CUC and I'll leave the glass to my sponge since having a magnet will be to no avail, being the fact that the glass is too thick for my now useless Super Nimble Nano.

I also bought some frags from local reefers! Wow, I love living in NY. We have such a great local club!!!! Will have pictures up this weekend.

Still looking for some ideas on fish stocking. Am working with Christoclowns in hoping to get a pair of Onyx, woo!

Someone is selling a litermeter3 with pump for $400 shipped. Used for 3 months and the remot pump is new. Is this a good buy? Seems good to me, but I'm not really good with prices yet.

Um... Have you tested your tank parameters yet? Did you not just get this tank less than a week ago?

Thanks for the concern :)

In one of the earlier threads I mentioned the 10lbs of Timora rock was fully cured. The rest of the 15lbs that I got was from an LFS's fowlr that he was turning into a frag vendor tank so I had great timing on buying LR. I wasn't planning on getting much of a cycle. Just a result of a yellow test tube which I got from my own testing and my LFS's.

Someone is selling a litermeter3 with pump for $400 shipped. Used for 3 months and the remot pump is new. Is this a good buy? Seems good to me, but I'm not really good with prices yet.

I saw that on RC myself. He wants too much $$, IMO. Why do you need a dosing pump anyway?

nice glass box you've got there.

frags already in the tank? :o

a lil' itchy for frags,eh. :P

Not that I'm disregarding great advice :-P. I really know what I'm doing. :happydance::happydance:

So this weekend we went around to a lot of the local reefers that we were planning to meet up with and did some little shopping.

After our waterchange, we wanted to make sure that our salt was good, and it is, but even though the calc and mag (420 and 1450) were okay, I still wanted to use red sea coral pro so after we finish the reef crystals, we're going to switch over.

Been secretly adding corals in, not slowly, but surely, heh.

Here are some pics, all of them picked up from local reefers and others from two LFS's.

Sunset Monti (Willie), Pokerstar Monti (Willie), ORA Bottlebrush (Joe of NYAS)

DSC_0718.jpg

Rosco Acro, Red Monti Cap (Fragged from that large mother colony in their display tank at NY Aquarium Service), that little thing in the middle is unknown and took it for 5 bucks because it was a break off (Thanks again Willie)

DSC_0710.jpg

ORA Green Slimer (WWoF)

DSC_0719.jpg

Green Duncan - I'm trying to get rid of. Anyone want them? They were given to me.

DSC_0707.jpg

Hammer coral, (might trade) Organisms, Most Heavens Zoos (Thanks Justin)

DSC_0699.jpg

True Perc - Looks like an onyx lol christofclowns don't say a word!

DSC_0729.jpg

Frogspawn (also might trade) is in the tank as well.

Trying to stay strictly sps and zoas so if anyone is interested in the LPS's locally, lmk.

FTS.

DSC_0711.jpg

DSC_0712.jpg

DSC_0714.jpg

youre tank looks really good.

i dont know ho long that clown is gonna be happy (or in?) that tank. then again, ive never seen in it in person so i dont know. :D

edit: you got some white freekin teeth girl, damn!

Archived