Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Her Elos Mini with Aquaillumination LED Module

Babyham6

The drain line enters the sump by a straight drop. You can make a loop or bend I guess depending on the length of the piping, but I cut it so it was a perfect fit and straight drop. Now I think I could have just made a small loop to reduce the turbulence drop. Elos does provide a cover that reduces the noise by a little.

That still doesn't stop the initial noise that is credited to the echoing of the initial drop. I read that it requires a breakin period confirmed by at least one person, but I'm not willing to wait.

I can remove the card to allow it to break in when I'm at work everyday and place it back when I go home.

Yes, there is a night mode, I will have to look into that because I didn't have much time to play with it at all this weekend.

Sounds to me like you just need a standpipe in the overflow box to raise the water level higher.

• Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vortech noise is easy! When you want the night mode to start( I do it an hour after lights out) hold down both buttons untill the lights start cycling through all colors. Then hold both buttons down for a second or so until the light goes to a slow pulsing white. And it will stay in night mode for about 8 hours.

:) And yes, Overflow sounds can suck. I cant believe a system this expensive does not deal with this common issue?

The overflow box is siliconed shut. I don't think there's a way to remove it as I think it's one piece.

Last night it was super silent. The credit card mod is working. There's a lot of white detritus on the bottom of the sump, I feel like it's salt? or what not.

Today I took water parameters just for fun, and I got a reading of 10 nitrates. I was really confused as to how, but I'm giong to take a sample to the LFS when they open.

I got it from Wonderful World of Fish in Astoria. I have an FTS with the aquascape, and I'm really loving it. Not ready to post yet though :P

I'm getting Microbubbles, and I need to fix it!

I got it from Wonderful World of Fish in Astoria. I have an FTS with the aquascape, and I'm really loving it. Not ready to post yet though :P

I'm getting Microbubbles, and I need to fix it!

what are your fish list/plan?

i wanna see FTS :rolleyes: .

AWESOME Valentines Day Gift!!! - I just went to a local fish store on Valentines Day and seen that same tank setup where my girlfriend wanted one badly - Now I know what it's called - an ELOS mini. I can't wait to see what you stock it with?

Stocking ideas will probably be SPS dominated with a Bluespot Jawfish. Still reading up on alot and disecting a lot of threads that run SPS's as well. Will get an FTS up soon of my scape.

Does anyone have an ID on this yet? I'm getting worried and the more I read about aptasia the more I stress out.

It doesn't move from it's place although it does close up, and seems to have a mouth.

I wish I coudl get a better picture. Let me know...

eloshiker1.jpg

That looks like Aiptasia. Get some "Joe's Juice" and squirt it directly into it or get a peppermint shrimp when your cycle is done.

Jawfish like to jump so it may not be a good choice for you. I recently lost my 2 year old LMB after moving him to my mini.

it might be a yellow polyps.if it's aiptasia joe's juice or the old fashion way kalk!

if you need syringes,lmk!i work on "new york eye and ear infirmary".

any better pics for good id?

I scavanged out the D80 and took pictures!

Here are two...

DSC_0684.jpg

DSC_0685.jpg

What's the best way to rid of them? I'd hate to have it shoot clones of itself around my tank. Sigh...

fresh squeezed lemon juice! squeeze a lemon in a bowl put 5 to 10 ml in a syringe. then with a quick stab go through the mouth all the way down the stalk and shoot the juice. i've done it with vinegar once and seemed to work as well. don't use too much juice though might mess up the parameters of your tank.

i had about 3 on a rock once. picked it off not knowing any better and the 3 turned to 10. did the juicing for a while then had another outbreak from a batch i didn't see. ended up boiling my rocks :D

hope you have better luck.

Archived