SaltCritters.com

NC24-150HQI-10gal Fuge

NanoReefNovice

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
reefman225gal

The CUC is like the front line of a football team,they never get any credit. Looking good man! :)

NanoReefNovice
The CUC is like the front line of a football team,they never get any credit. Looking good man! :)

Give it up for the C U C. :lol:

nice roomba btw

HAHA, it actually quit on me. It took me 1hr on the phone to get them to send me a new one, worst customer service ever. If i wasn't a complete A hole they wouldn't have taken care of it. Still waiting for the new one to come. :( But it was cool b4 it went AWOL.

it was cool b4 it went AWOL.

it ran away? :huh:

:P

How do you like having the fuge/ sump in a different room? All the joy of 2 tanks with the stability of one larger one

NanoReefNovice
it ran away? :huh:
:angry:

And came back all drunk. :lol:

How do you like having the fuge/ sump in a different room?

Loving it.

All the joy of 2 tanks with the stability of one larger one

Exactly :)

NanoReefNovice

Looks like the herm jumped the gun. He couldn't quite carry around the bigger shell so he just switched back. Now that i look back at the photo it seems obvious, the bigger shell looks like an over sized baseball cap on a little kid. :lol:

That reminds me that I need to pick up some empty shells for my little hermits!

I have one that found the one extra shell in the tank and already swapped out (thought I missed the swap :tears: )

Your tank looks awesome though!!

When are you planning on getting fishies?? Few more weeks?

Have you thought about what you'll get as far as fishies?

NanoReefNovice
That reminds me that I need to pick up some empty shells for my little hermits!

I have one that found the one extra shell in the tank and already swapped out (thought I missed the swap :tears: )

Im thinking im going to hit up the beach today to see if i can find some more herm wips. ;)

Your tank looks awesome though!!

When are you planning on getting fishies?? Few more weeks?

Have you thought about what you'll get as far as fishies?

Im going to start to slowly add fish in a couple of weeks. Been working on a stocking list. Will post it later. :happy:

NanoReefNovice

Here is a very tentative fish stocking list...

1X ocellaris clownfish

3X blue/green chromis

1X six line wrasse

1X yellow head jawfish

Clownfish, i know cliche. :rolleyes: Not sure if three chromis will do well, but really like them when they school. The guy at a LFS said they will do great! but why should i listen to a guy who told me his tank recently crashed and the "NRF sucks, go to RC" :lol: Six line is there to eat unwanted pests. :mellow: I also really like jawfish, yellow ones seem cool enough. ;)

Please help me turn this stocking list into somthing that will really work.

Jawfish are super cute!

I'm too much of a newbie to comment on your stocking list. I'll leave that to the pros :lol:

NanoReefNovice
Jawfish are super cute!

They got madd personality.

I'm too much of a newbie to comment on your stocking list. I'll leave that to the pros :lol:

:lol: me too, thx.

that is sick man... i love the set up going through the wall and the little 10 gallon on the other side. the whole this awesome i hope everything goes well for you

NanoReefNovice
that is sick man... i love the set up going through the wall and the little 10 gallon on the other side. the whole this awesome i hope everything goes well for you

Thanks ;)

So I was just reading in the new marine aquarist book, and it says that jawfish need 3-4 inches of substrate per full grown body inch

So if the yellowheaded jawfish get's to be 3 inches, that's a minimum of nine inches of substrate?! Crazy!!!

I was suprised myself by this fact, as I didn't know that! Just thought I'd share this with you! ;)

NanoReefNovice

Wow, good looking out. ;)

I initially put just a little bit of sand to keep the tank clean. I was thinking of adding a few more inches for for aesthetics though. But 9 inches, no way! :lol:

Wow, good looking out. ;)

I initially put just a little bit of sand to keep the tank clean. I was thinking of adding a few more inches for for aesthetics though. But 9 inches, no way! :lol:

but then you don't get the draw of a half sand half water aquarium

Archived