Pod Your Reef

NC24-150HQI-10gal Fuge

NanoReefNovice

if your sump is also a display, id go calurpa, just watch it

Just for the looks? I guess my chaeto is in an invisible fuge, so it never even occurred to me to try something else, it seemed like the easy choice. It'd be floating in this case, guess that might not look super good...

Osric

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoReefNovice
Just for the looks? I guess my chaeto is in an invisible fuge, so it never even occurred to me to try something else, it seemed like the easy choice. It'd be floating in this case, guess that might not look super good...

Osric

I think cheato tied to a rock will looks nice, especially if a get 3 or 4 other algaes up in there.

ahh noticed your in cali....good luck on the calurpa...its not legal there is it?

People still have it and I still see it in the LFS's.

NanoReefNovice
People still have it and I still see it in the LFS's.

Somebody alert the authorities! omgomgomg Bad boys bad boys what you gonna do.... :lol:

NanoReefNovice

OK, here is what i am thinking for the fuge.

2" Fiji mud on bottom glass.

2" sand on top of the mud

Plants

On alternating photoperiod w/display tank

Cheato - Consistent Macro

Red Mangrove - Middle of the Road Macro, only mechanical filtration in fuge.

Halymenia - Middle of the Road Macro

Ulva - Middle of the Road Macros, can be fed to fish, copepods love it.

Gracilaria -Middle of the Road Macro

Codium - Pulse Macro, can be fed to fish

NanoReefNovice
Can't wait to see all that come together!

Me too :D , the hardest thing for me in this hobby is patience. -_-

NanoReefNovice

Look at what i just got! :lol:

CIMG4222.jpg

Picked it up off this nice dude for $300.

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2103416

Booty highlights :bling: YAARRRRRRRRR

JBH 1/15 hp chiller w/ everything to it hook up including Mag 3

150 halide hood w/ quad fans, nice looking heavy ballast and moon lights

Thinking... retrofit halide into my hood w/ PCs :o

Edit: PM me if you want to buy tank, stand, LR, test kits, extras. NOT the hood or chiller, there mine :D Tank and stand look a little too big to ship cheaply so local CA bay area pick up would be best for those items...

NanoReefNovice
Helluva deal bro!!! :happydance:

Now sell me that chiller on the cheap!!! :happy:

HAHAH, i bought all that stuff for the chiller. :D

NanoReefNovice

With 2 36W PCs

CIMG4224.jpg

With 150W halide

CIMG4225.jpg

WOW! The halide has soooo much shimmer. :wub: It almost makes me dizzy when i stare at it. :wacko:

Im pretty sure I am going to retro the halide into the stock hood w/ PCs. Haven't really figured out how i would do that yet though. I don't like: how the HQI hood power cord comes out right side instead of the back, that it is light grey, that is says Nano Cube HQI is big letters on top, the little feeding door. I like: that the hood is taller, has 4 fans built in...

Now i need to plumb in the chiller :D . Not sure how yet. Should I:

1. Plumb it inline w/ fuge

2. Plumb it on a separate loop

NanoReefNovice

Had halide on this morning and it raised the tank temp from 78F to 82F in 45 min b4 i turned it off. I just finished mocking up the chiller install; I put it between the fuge and main tank. Halide and chiller are on and temp is rock steady at 78F. :D

Up next...

Some stand modifications :o

CIMG4229.gif

Cool but may I suggest one thing, and that would be a UV filter on the return line from the fuge because it comes in handy when quarentining fish to prevent possible disease from spreading to the main, imo

NanoReefNovice
Cool but may I suggest one thing, and that would be a UV filter on the return line from the fuge because it comes in handy when quarentining fish to prevent possible disease from spreading to the main, imo

Cool F'in idea. B)

Why not get a SunPod if you want the MH? Then you won't have near the heat issues and have an open top.

I'm using the Nova Extreme Pro, no shimmer, but a great light.

NanoReefNovice
Why not get a SunPod if you want the MH? Then you won't have near the heat issues and have an open top.

I'm using the Nova Extreme Pro, no shimmer, but a great light.

I liked the sun pod but i dont really want to go open top, im afraid of jumpers. Ive had adult FW cichlids i raised from babies jump out of a previous tank. I dont want to wake up to my friend asphyxiated on the floor agian. :tears: Im also not down w/ a net or glass to cover the top, i want this thing to look as clean as possible. Also that still doesnt completely solve overheat issues, im not about to spend the hot summer days stressin if my tank is going to overheat. Now i have what i wanted, clean looks with rock solid temp. I have a Nova Extreme over my fuge, great light!

I made a 1.5" ring using egg grate from home depot that goes around the inside edge of the tank to help keep fish from jumping into the back. My goby has found his way back there a few times, but no longer.

You could always use egg grate over the whole top that sits neatly inside like mine does. I wanted the clean top like you said, but I gave up due to heat issues and didn't want to spend the money on a chiller.

NanoReefNovice
I made a 1.5" ring using egg grate from home depot that goes around the inside edge of the tank to help keep fish from jumping into the back. My goby has found his way back there a few times, but no longer.

You could always use egg grate over the whole top that sits neatly inside like mine does. I wanted the clean top like you said, but I gave up due to heat issues and didn't want to spend the money on a chiller.

But i have a chiller

Archived