Cultivated Reef

NC24-150HQI-10gal Fuge

NanoReefNovice

I saw two Yasha gobies at a LFS that were already paired up, and they had one pistol shrimp that they shared!

It was kinda like a school.... a goby school!

Heh.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoReefNovice
I saw two Yasha gobies at a LFS that were already paired up, and they had one pistol shrimp that they shared!

It was kinda like a school.... a goby school!

Heh.

GOBBIE SCHOOL! Now you heard nerd. :lol:

NanoReefNovice
Have you thought more about your livestock plan?

Definitely been thinking about :lol:

Here are some potential candidates...

• ocellaris clownfish - for personality
  • blue/green chromis - for color
  • six line wrasse - for pest eating abilities
  • yellow head jawfish - for personality
  • royal gamma basslet - for color
  • Sailfin/Algae Blenny - for easting bad micro algaes

I would put one of each if i wasn't overstocking -_- What do you think?

NanoReefNovice

Soooo..... new update. :huh:

Last week my fuge broke out with chicken pox that John helped me ID as Callithamnion, aka Cotton Candy Algae. I got it from some LR i got from a local reefer in a effort to "seed" the fuge. <_<

CIMG4604.gif

Thread sharing experience....

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/index.php?...t&p=2187346

I tore the fuge down, tweezed all the cotton candy off the rocks and let it sit lights out for a week isolated from the main tank. Im running floss for now in the fuge to keep algae particles from making it to the main.

Here's how the fuge looks today.

CIMG4638.jpg

Meanwhile.... I noticed detritus accumulating behind the rock work so i put some flow there via a few lockline pieces.

CIMG4643.jpg

Here is lemming hill, named for all the snails dropping off the end. :rolleyes:

See if you can spot the pest anemone I'm gonna have to deal with...

CIMG4614.jpg

And last a FTS -_-

CIMG4633.jpg

NanoReefNovice

How would one know if they have pods? I have all kinds of white specs floating around in my water column, but too small to tell what it is... :huh:

How would one know if they have pods? I have all kinds of white specs floating around in my water column, but too small to tell what it is... :huh:

Tank is looking great bro! I love "lemming hill"!!! :haha:

Do you see any on the glass? Try looking right when the lights come on...

NanoReefNovice
Tank is looking great bro! I love "lemming hill"!!! :haha:

Do you see any on the glass? Try looking right when the lights come on...

THEY ARE PODS!!! omgomgomg

Man, i have a GRIP of them. I can tell now that you told me to look on the glass. :blink: There all crawling around n stuff. :lol:

Thanks! :happydance:

THEY ARE PODS!!! omgomgomg

Man, i have a GRIP of them. I can tell now that you told me to look on the glass. :blink: There all crawling around n stuff. :lol:

Thanks! :happydance:

post-32827-1239836042_thumb.png

;)

NanoReefNovice

So it all began when I drove 45 min to MoreBeer to pick up some hop rhizomes. When i get there they told me they lost my order and i couldn't get some for a couple weeks. Ive had good customer experiences w/ them in the past but this time they didn't do anything for me except say they were sorry. So i cancled my order got my $40 bucks back and left prettly damb PO'd. <_< They deffenitly lost a good customer today and now i will recomend northern brewer to all the customers that come in to my brewery.

I was not planning on picking up anything for the tank today. I didnt want the drive to go to waste and i saw a SW shop ive never been to b4 off the freeway. So istead of using the $40 for hops i spend it at the LFS.

OK... enought talk, now pics

I got to test out this drip acclimation doohig my GF got me

CIMG4647.gif

My new friends Gustaun

CIMG4667.gif

and Pearl

CIMG4661.gif

Im happy now :)

omgomgomg Damn you morebeer!!!

New additions are sweet bro! Hopefully your shrimp comes out in the open more than mine does!!!

So it all began when I drove 45 min to MoreBeer to pick up some hop rhizomes. When i get there they told me they lost my order and i couldn't get some for a couple weeks. Ive had good customer experiences w/ them in the past but this time they didn't do anything for me except say they were sorry. So i cancled my order got my $40 bucks back and left prettly damb PO'd. <_< They deffenitly lost a good customer today and now i will recomend northern brewer to all the customers that come in to my brewery.

I was not planning on picking up anything for the tank today. I didnt want the drive to go to waste and i saw a SW shop ive never been to b4 off the freeway. So istead of using the $40 for hops i spend it at the LFS.

OK... enought talk, now pics

I got to test out this drip acclimation doohig my GF got me

CIMG4647.gif

My new friends Gustaun

CIMG4667.gif

and Pearl

CIMG4661.gif

Im happy now :)

NanoReefNovice
omgomgomg Damn you morebeer!!!

pretty much

New additions are sweet bro! Hopefully your shrimp comes out in the open more than mine does!!!

Thanks, he's so bright i can see him in a cave from my couch... for now, tanks still damb empty. :lol:

NanoReefNovice
Does this mean no more pichers of tha hopzs... :tears:

Naw i still have a few rhizomes in the ground, i was just trying to get a few more in b4 the end of the planting season. <_< Oh well... time for a beer.

NanoReefNovice
Cheers bro... Bourbon for me at the moment!

Whoa big day? :o I'll stick to my Anderson Valley Brother Davids Tripple, i get in trouble off the hard shiet. :lol:

NanoReefNovice
Before I started making my stocking list I looked at this website

http://www.reefs.org/forums/topic44760.html

Has some interesting ideas on 30g and less fishies!

Finally got around reading the entire linky, awesome info that has changed my life. :lol:

Update list of possibilities

• ocellaris clownfish - pair or no pair?
  • blue/green chromis - Have one :) maybe gonna get another, im a sucker for them
  • six line wrasse - for pest eating abilities Will only add if/when needed b/c can be bullies

• yellow head jawfish - for personality
  • royal gamma basslet - for color Read their A-holes
  • Sailfin/Algae Blenny - undecided may get too big plus need plenty of algae

I think you should get a golden dwarf moray eel! :eek:

:bling:

Im fascinated by eels but they kinda creep me out, i don't want to stick my hand in a tank w/ them. :lol:

Any more suggestion on future tank mates? :P

I'm glad you liked the link

It really helped me solidify my stocking list

I saw a flame hawkfish at the LFS the other day

Didn't think I'd like it, but I REALLY did

He was sooooooooooo cute and just jumped around from spot to spot

Just make sure you get something that'll be able to stand up for itself against your chromis!

Archived