Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

NC24-150HQI-10gal Fuge

NanoReefNovice

NanoReefNovice
Bumble bee snails are mainly carnivorous. I'm pretty sure they usually eat other snails. I think they also eat bristle worms and leftover food as well. I would say ditch the mithrax. More snails!! (not nass)

Thanks for the info. ;)

i didn't know bumble bee snails can get agro. I did read that they eat the micro fauna in your sand that makes it livesand. But my girl really liked they way they look so i was going to buy one just for her. Now ill i have to tell her thats not going to happen. :lol: No emraled? :( I like crabs and want a few, i thought the emrald would be the least trublesome?

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks for the info. ;)

i didn't know bumble bee snails can get agro. I did read that they eat the micro fauna in your sand that makes it livesand. But my girl really liked they way they look so i was going to buy one just for her. Now ill i have to tell her thats not going to happen. :lol: No emraled? :( I like crabs and want a few, i thought the emrald would be the least trublesome?

My Emerald crab is well behaved... He's just a damn bulldozer!!! If you get, get a small one because he will knock stuff over!

NanoReefNovice

I :wub: pom pom and porcelain crabs. :lol: I need to study up on this...

But since im <_< STILL <_< brainstroming CUC... emerald crabs are not an effective CUC members? Or do they just cause problems and doze stuff down?

NanoCube-boy

getting some green? Nitrate,ammonia, and or phosphate are presents. You should run some lab test on your water quality.

NanoReefNovice
getting some green? Nitrate,ammonia, and or phosphate are presents. You should run some lab test on your water quality.

W/ API test kit this morning

Nitrate = Undetectable

Ammonia = Undetectable

Phosphates = Undetectable

NanoReefNovice

WE HAVE SNAILZ!!! omgomgomg:lol:

newsnails.gif

4/1/09-

• 3X true turbos

4/2/09-

• 1X horned mexican turbo
  • 5X nassarius
  • 4X banded trochus
  • 4X astrea

The nassarius are madd funny to watch. They hall arse around the tank looking like a blind dude with a feeler stick. They also hide under the sand using their feeler like a parascope. Cool stuff. B)

narassus.gif

Horned mexican turbo, the big dude.

mexican.gif

Banded trochus, they have black bodies and can flip themselves back over with thier side feelers.

bandedTrochus.gif

Astreas have some cool coraline colors on their shells.

astrea.gif

And the true turbos, they really camo into the rocks.

turbo.gif

I added these guys yesteday, in less than 24 hours they have really cleaned up the joint. :happy:

NanoReefNovice

Mexican turbo just named himself... El Topadora.

He just knocked the top rock off, narrowly missing the insane crab possie on the way down. :closedeyes:

Edit: oh yea... more additions, :blink: updates soon.

Mexican turbo just named himself... El Topadora.

He just knocked the top rock off, narrowly missing the insane crab possie on the way down. :closedeyes:

Edit: oh yea... more additions, :blink: updates soon.

WAITING!!! omgomgomg

:haha:

NanoReefNovice

New Additions

4/3/09-

• 4X scarlet reef hermit crab
  • 4X margarita snail

The insane crab posse moved in, hit the ground and instantly started eating. B)

crabs.gif

Also dropped in 4 margarita snails. :happy:

magaritasnails.gif

The leader of the posse is already checking out an upgraded ride. :lol:

newhome.gif

Got a new fuge algae some of you might be familiar with ;)

fuge-1.gif

NanoReefNovice
DAMN... You got some "workers" bro!!!
wow that is a big difference in only 24 hours

I as well was shocked. :blink: Those photos were also b4 the insane crab posse, they are sweeping up the sand like... whoa. :o

NanoReefNovice
wow, nice. did you see the crab out of its shell?

He did it in a way so i couldn't really see his body, he put the other shell opening up to his and swapped under the protection of the two shells. I was impressed.

Archived