inTank Media Baskets

NC24-150HQI-10gal Fuge

NanoReefNovice

NanoReefNovice

Mabey I'm confused but when I went there they had big sign that said "Freshwater Only", so I assume they made a transition. I don't know b/c I was there for 45min w/ no help.

• Replies 503
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NanoReefNovice

OK i just checked and it was deffinetly not lucky ocean i see on yelp so i have no idea what the name of the place i visited was...

NanoReefNovice

Ok i figured it out; I visited Ocean Aquarium when i was trying to visit Lucky Ocean Aquarium... Crap. <_<

Ocean Aquarium did not have anything Ocean about it. :angry:

NanoCube-boy

Well you can't blame him, he used to carry a lot of sw stock, but business these days, you know it might have to change to fw.

NanoReefNovice

Economy is no excuse for no service, :mellow: may only the strong survive. :o

But i got the names mixed up, i went to ocean aquarium not lucky ocean aquarium, it can be a bit confusing. :lol:

Next weekend im hitting up Lucky Ocean. :)

Screw the media rack... Are u a homebrewer as well...

I HAVE THE SAME BUCKET!!! :haha:

rack.jpg

So do I...I used to live in Dublin, CA before I moved out to MD. Wife bought be a B3-500 as a Christman present and now I make all all-grain brew. Only problem is the cold weather makes it impossible to brew outdoors in the Winter.

Great build. I have a NC24 w/ Viper 150W MH on order. It comes in on Tuesday. I am waking the water up as we speak. I ordered the protein skimmer as well as the overflow skimmer, a Hydor Koralia #1 (400GPH) and CAN'T wait to set it up this week!

E

NanoCube-boy

Then that's not lucky ocean. Lucky Ocean is located on balboa. He maybe a one man person, but he will give you the best service.

Hey guys, I'm in the bay area near Fremont, CA.

How close are the CA people from me?

Just curious, hang out, get some ideas etc.

Your tank is looking awesome by the way way!

NanoReefNovice

When i first got the chiller my first inclination was to try to shove the chiller pump and wiring into the stand with ventilation provided by a few fans retroed into the stand. But that seemed way over complicated and noisy. I couldn't figure out a better solution so it all sat for a couple of weeks half arsed hooked up until inspiration hit me. :huh:

Yesterday it did! found I could easily cut a hole through the living room heater access panel to the water hearer closet. :)

Hole.gif

The pump and heater are now in the water heater closet. The temp runs a lil high in here due to the water heater but i think its a better spot then my other options, plenty of airflow around the chiller, and totally insulated for sound from the living room. ;)

chiller.gif

I figured why fight the wiring noodle soup, just create a space for it out of sight. I have it all temp wired until i get my reefkeeper. There is now plenty of space for all the wiring which will keep me from pulling my hair out in the future.

noodles.gif

Now i just need to figure out some way of hiding these hoses and wiring in my living room. Thinking about using some kind of trim... :huh:

whole.gif

Well here's a main FTS, nothing going, CUC on hold until the end of month. <_<

FTS.gif

Fuge FTS, looks like it could use come CUC members. :lol:

FugeFTS.gif

Not really, its just the control panel, no heat and its at least 6" from the small pilot. fingerscrossed:lol:

:scarry: :scarry: :scarry: :scarry:

AWW HELL...

cheers%20smiley.png

Looks good bro!

Oh yeah... I HAS WATUH IN MY TANK!!! :haha:

Bumble bee snails are mainly carnivorous. I'm pretty sure they usually eat other snails. I think they also eat bristle worms and leftover food as well. I would say ditch the mithrax. More snails!! (not nass)

Archived