Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Quick's 40 Breeder

Quick

Got a couple pictures with the new camera. I'm still getting used to it so disregard the quality of the first few shots I have taken with it. I also got a couple new frags today, a single head duncan and a single head blasto.

40reef430.jpg

40reef421.jpg

40reef422.jpg

40reef423.jpg

40reef424.jpg

40reef426.jpg

40reef427.jpg

40reef429.jpg

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also had a question on my clownfish.

Here are some shots of them in their 10g tank with flowerpot.

dsc0006axo.jpg

dsc0002w.jpg

dsc0003j.jpg

As you can see from the pictures, the larger clown has damage done just below its mouth. This damage is from the Maroon clown that they had him with at the LFS. Anyways, the last couple of days he has ignored eating and hasn't even paid attention to any food that I put into the tank. The little clown is doing great and eating anything that I put in there.. Any idea on the larger one? Anything I can do to try and help her out?

Thanks

So, I lost the clownfish which had been injured by his mouth.. He just wouldn't eat... The smaller one is doing great and eating everything in sight. I will definitely try to get him a new buddy down the road.

Update:

After checking out my tank the other day I saw about 4 or 5 aiptasia and decided I wanted to get them before they could spread anymore. I bought some Joe's Juice today and went to work with it.. Man that stuff works good! The anemones really just disappeared right in front of me.. Hopefully they will be gone for good.

Sorry to hear about the clown :( I am surprised that the LFS sold him to ya in that condition

I use straight up lemon juice cocentrate that comes in the bottle lol death to aiptasia!

marinebiologist

sucks about the clown :(

when i had aiptasia i heated up distilled white vinegar in the microwave and got a syringe and used that.

nice shots... what kind of camera???

Sorry to hear about the clown :( I am surprised that the LFS sold him to ya in that condition

I use straight up lemon juice cocentrate that comes in the bottle lol death to aiptasia!

Yea, the store that I bought him from really isn't a very good store. The staff there don't know much about anything and when I saw them put this guy in the tank with the maroon and his anemone and immediately get attacked, I just had to buy him. I even pointed out his mouth to the owner of the store who was helping me and he said it looked like a grain of sand to him... RIIIIIIIGHT...

As far as the lemon juice for aiptasia control, I was going to try that but I went to the store by me and they had joe's juice for 7.99 so I just went for that hoping it would do the trick. If they decide to come back though, lemon juice it is.

sucks about the clown :(

when i had aiptasia i heated up distilled white vinegar in the microwave and got a syringe and used that.

nice shots... what kind of camera???

Thanks man, where did you get the syringe?

Oh by the way, the camera is a d40.

Thanks, I'm still getting used to the camera so the pictures should get better as time goes on.. HOPEFULLY...

Update:

As I was feeding the fish today, I noticed a rather large aiptasia at the back of the tank. So, I got out my new best friend, Joe's Juice, and nuked that bastard.. I am really hoping I don't find anymore of these things.. I hate them!

marinebiologist
Thanks man, where did you get the syringe?

Oh by the way, the camera is a d40.

i got mine from my bro(he has them because he's diabetic)

you can buy them somewhere but i just dont know where.... you should ask that in the general forum.

nice camera,still using the magnifying glass?

thanks, I'll try to find the syringe if I ever need one.

And no, I haven't been using the magnifying glass for these shots. I really want to get a nice macro lens for the camera for even better close ups.

marinebiologist

cool, i really need to get a macro lens for mine but they're to expensive

Yea, they are way pricey but the pictures that they can take are amazing.. I'm still deciding if I want to dish the cash out for one.

UPDATE:

I was checking out the spots where I blasted the aiptasia the other day with Joe's Juice and they are all gone. It even took out a couple larger ones. I hope that's the end of these things, but only time will tell. Best $7.99 I ever spent on my reef tank.

haha..

No new updates today, but I should have some nice coral coming my way sometime this weekend.

Well I'm pissed. I went to get some nice pieces of coral tonight and the guy never answered my phone when I got out his way.. I need to buy some corals ASAP!!

latteslave

what's the name of the zoa colony with the blue and pink center and the green ends? That is a NICE group. Your tank is looking good! Filling up a 12 gallon with corals is enough for me - could not even think about trying to fill a 40...

Can't wait to see the new corals (when you get 'em)

B

That piece was sold to me as Whammin' Watermelon.

Thanks for the compliments, hopefully I get that new coral soon haha..

After looking through the pictures on my hard drive I realize some of the stuff I have has grown pretty good over the past 3-4 months that I have had the tank..

First FTS:

40reef002.jpg

Now:

40reef440.jpg

Watermelon zoa's back in March:

40reef004.jpg

Now:

40reef536.jpg

Xenia in March:

40reef026.jpg

Now:

40reef542.jpg

Zoa Garden in March:

40reef073.jpg

Now:

40reef538.jpg

You can also see how big of a difference the lighting makes on the coral. The first shots were taken under a Power Compact fixture with bulbs over a year and a half old.. new shots are under my t5's.

And here are some new non-comparison shots:

40reef534.jpg

40reef524.jpg

40reef539.jpg

Archived