Cultivated Reef

Quick's 40 Breeder

Quick

Here are a couple better shots of the new lobo as well as a FTS.. It's still settling in but is a nice big piece and fills up room nicely. Anybody have any input on its placement? I'm not 100% sure if I like it there or not..

40reef330.jpg

40reef331.jpg

40reef326.jpg

Let me know what you think..

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it looks fine to me!

Thanks man.. I cant think of anywhere better in the tank so thats where its staying.

WOW! that is a beautiful lobo...I wants it :D

Thanks, I'm still in disbelief that my girlfriend picked it out...

Oh, and I forgot to add, I am picking up a beginner SPS frag pack on Monday from a local reefer.. So I'll have 4 more frags to add to the tank:

Idaho Grape

Green Microthalema

Green tipped birdsnest

Green digitata

I can't wait.. My tank looks too empty right now..

I hate when I post pics and the next post takes it to a new page.. So here are the pics that were on the bottom of page 9:

40reef356.jpg

40reef332.jpg

40reef334.jpg

Soooo, I'm going away for the weekend for the first time since i've had the tank. I fed my fish before I left and topped off, but I won't have anybody else to do it while I'm gone. So, the tank will be without top offs for a few days. I'm hoping to come home to a happy and healthy tank...

Just got back from the weekend trip. Everything looks good in the tank. All I had to do was wipe some algae off the glass and add some ro water and I was good to go. I'm glad to know that I can go away for a few days without any tragedies..

nice pics

Thanks

Here are some shots of the new SPS I picked up the yesterday.. I will have more shots later with a FTS

These are all actinic only.

Idaho Grape...

40reef364.jpg

Green Cap Purple Rim..

40reef370.jpg

Green Digitata..

40reef372.jpg

40reef374.jpg

40reef379.jpg

I also picked up a green microthalema frag and green tipped birdsnest frag.

Do you turn off your pumps before taking your pictures? It is always fun to look at your tank because you post a lot of pics. We love it B) .

I actually don't turn the pumps off. Maybe next time I should give that a shot..

And ya, I get bored and tend to take quite a few pictures.. I'm glad you enjoy looking at them all, haha.

Still trying to figure out some algae problems in my tank.. I have had a little bit of hair algae break out since my blenny died. My water tests perfect, no nitrates, no phosphates. I have chaeto on reverse light cycle. The only thing I can think is my photoperiod. So I dropped my photoperiod down to 9 hours.. I hope this helps.

So, my algae seems to be on its way out. I have already noticed a huge difference. I don't know why I had such a long photoperiod to begin with.

Also, I was looking around the tank and saw a couple of these sponges laying around:

id003.jpg

After looking over every rock very carefully, I counted at least 50 of them. And there are quite a few more then that. Kinda cool to see them all.

Well, I added a rusty angelfish yesterday and he was fine all day. Today I wake up and he is picking at my new sps. Back to the fish store with him.

I'm gonna talk to myself a little bit more now.

This morning when I was working on the tank, I took off the canopy and started removing the skimmer to clean it. As I was doing this, my flame hawk came and sat on top of my koralia powerhead. I have never seen him perch here before and I didn't really like it because the powerhead is so close to the surface. Anyways, he just sat there watching me as I pulled the skimmer out and walked to the other room. When I came back to get the brush I use to clean the skimmer box, I noticed my flamehawk wasn't on the powerhead anymore. I looked around the tank for a little bit and couldn't find him anywhere in there. I figured he was just hiding somewhere. As I was walking out of the room again, something caught the corner of my eye. It was my flamehawk flopping around on the floor.. I scooped him up and tossed him back in the tank calling him an idiot.. I guess he was feeling suicidal this morning? I hope he doesn't try to jump out the back of the canopy and go carpet surfing while I'm not around..

b_c_fisher

btw thats a green acro looks kinda like a stagbut not thick enough but definately not a digi just for care purposes

Thanks for the heads up. SPS is still new to me and it was sold to me as a green digi so I just went with that.

Well, added a new fish today, a true perc. I am going to get another one wednesday when they get their shipment in. Here are some pics along with a FTS.

As you can see, he is already hanging around the brain...

40reef399.jpg

40reef391.jpg

40reef393.jpg

40reef394.jpg

Well, I added a second perc today. Found a smaller one and immediately they started hanging around together. No fighting at all. They are now hanging out in the same corner together with the lights off.. Which my old clownfish never did at all.

wow.. i want ;D

awesome aquascaping.

i like that cave in the middle.

Thanks man...

Here are some new shots of my perc pair.. These two are almost inseparable.

You can see that the sore under the larger ones mouth is healing. That is from the stupid woman at the LFS who put this poor fish into a 6"x6" cubicle with a maroon clown and it's anemone. As soon as she dropped him in the maroon attacked him and they lip-locked. I told her I'd take him so he doesn't get killed... Stupid LFS..

40reef414.jpg

40reef401.jpg

40reef403.jpg

This is about the farthest I have ever seen them go apart.

40reef413.jpg

So, this morning while I was looking around the tank, I noticed something behind my GPE zoas. It was at a weird angle and hard to see, but after looking at it from all angles of the tank, I could finally see that it was a fairly large feather duster. It has some good color on it as well! I'm surprised I have missed this thing for this long. I also found a little tiny feather duster attached to the base of my open brain coral. I will get pics as soon as I can find my camera..

Oh and some more good news, I just ordered my Nikon d40. So, my pictures should be much, much better starting sometime next week. I'm sure I'll go crazy with taking pictures...

Archived