inTank Media Baskets

Quick's 40 Breeder

Quick

No advice on the brain? Also, do you guys think there is any room in my stocklist for a mandarin? My LFS has one that is taking frozen foods and I am interested in it.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

normally they should be inflated quite a bit, from the picture it looks like it's sliming and semi-deflated. you should try moving it around a bit and see where it likes it the best. they are picky about their flow.

oh and also , great looking tank, i really like the aquascape too.

Well boomboy, I took your advice and moved the brain closer to the corner of the tank out of direct flow. It seems to be doing better, it is hard to tell under the moonlights, but it looks fuller to me. Also, I was reading about tentacles coming out at night. I haven't seen any type of tentacles at all... Any insight on this?

Here are some crappy pics. I will have new pics up of it in morning under the light.

post-41331-1235111580_thumb.jpg

The brain took over my clowns corner.. He is laying against the glass now..

post-41331-1235111595_thumb.jpg

post-41331-1235111588_thumb.jpg

Quick, how about a picture of the light fixture, your using the fishneedit fixture right? Still running the stock bulbs? Are the reflectors in that fixture formed aound each bulb, or is it one flat reflector for all the bulbs.

The tank looks great, love the 40 breeders...

Turk

I will try to get a picture of the fixture a little later. The reflector is a single piece, but is curved around each bulb individually. I am still using the stock bulbs. They are 2x 14k and 2x Blue. I plan on upgrading to some ATI bulbs here shortly. So far, the fixture is great. Craftsmanship on it is actually very good, especially for such a cheap fixture.

Really like the rock work, looks really relaxing B)

Thanks. It took me many attempts to get it to where I thought it looked good. The very first time I set up the rockwork I had two islands on either side of the tank. I really liked that set up but moved it around and was never able to re-create it again.. So I guess this will have to do.. ;)

We like the new PHOTO's. The full tank shots are real sweet. :D:):D

Haha, thanks.. :happydance:

Here are some shots of the fixture as requested.

post-41331-1235168989_thumb.jpg

post-41331-1235168997_thumb.jpg

post-41331-1235169004_thumb.jpg

post-41331-1235169011_thumb.jpg

Also, here is a picture of the brain. It is looking better to me today.

post-41331-1235169068_thumb.jpg

All my fire and ice are open as well now.

post-41331-1235169097_thumb.jpg

So my brain coral is now looking very good. It has been looking "inflated" lately and last night it put its tentacles out so I spot fed it and it took quite a bit.

post-41331-1235333841_thumb.jpg

Oh and here's a look at my next project... It will either be a frag tank or a fry grow out tank.. But with that light, I think it will be a frag tank..

post-41331-1235333817_thumb.jpg

Some new updates.. I lost a hammer for an unknown reason. All parameters are fine and the other head is still doing fine.. Owell I guess..

Just fed this guy some mysis..

post-41331-1235709062_thumb.jpg

Note the missing head..

post-41331-1235709115_thumb.jpg

GSP is starting to spread off the original mat and mount to the rock..

post-41331-1235709172_thumb.jpg

Xenia split again.. Its growing way fast.. I'm not sure thats good or not...

post-41331-1235709212_thumb.jpg

The brain and his new host...

post-41331-1235709269_thumb.jpg

The snow covered peaks...

post-41331-1235709323_thumb.jpg

And the culprit... Doing his thing.. Any one in SOCAL want a free banded sleeper goby??

post-41331-1235709436_thumb.jpg

Thanks.. Too bad you don't have a tank for him. I guess I should have known when I bought him that he was a sand sifter, but I didn't think he'd like to spread the sand all over the place.

I may have a friend who will take it, Ill talk to him tomorrow and get back to you. Im heading up to check out Cal Lu again so Ill be up around you in March if its still available.

New FTS from today...

post-41331-1235985482_thumb.jpg

I finally fixed my microbubble problem today as well. I took apart the whole return pump and cleaned it real well for about the 3rd time and this time it seemed to have worked. I don't see any more bubbles coming into the tank.. What a difference it makes.

I may have a LARGE update tomorrow if my LFS pulls through for me.. I'll post on here with any updates..

Yay for large updates!

I had the same problem with my hammer in my nanocube. It just up and died when everything else was doing great. Its odd how some corals grow well in some tanks and it others it wont survive. Right now I have zoas that look fantastic but my xenia is dying. Odd stuff.

Yay for large updates!

I had the same problem with my hammer in my nanocube. It just up and died when everything else was doing great. Its odd how some corals grow well in some tanks and it others it wont survive. Right now I have zoas that look fantastic but my xenia is dying. Odd stuff.

Yea, it is funny how things like that work. One day it looked great, two days later it was laying in the sand.. ehhh whatever it was free.

Anyways, the LARGE update that was supposed to come today didn't because as usual my LFS couldn't do something for me that they said they would do. Hopefully on Friday they will pull through with their next shipment.

They were sold to me as watermelon zoa's.. They have great color.

i got some!!! dont look like yours do in the pic. but close enough lol

New FTS from today...

post-41331-1235985482_thumb.jpg

I finally fixed my microbubble problem today as well. I took apart the whole return pump and cleaned it real well for about the 3rd time and this time it seemed to have worked. I don't see any more bubbles coming into the tank.. What a difference it makes.

I may have a LARGE update tomorrow if my LFS pulls through for me.. I'll post on here with any updates..

What kind of return pump are you running? Having issues with microbubbles from mine as well..

The return is a aquaclear 70.. The previous owner had bought it.. The bubbles are back again as well, it is a very touchy set up.. I would like to get rid of the HOB sump all together, but I like to have a place for chaeto, my heater, and filter floss..

Archived