SaltCritters.com

NRF's MAXeffort- now powered by nanobox :)

Needreefunds

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Needreefunds
*Blows dust off thread*

Clean the glass for gods sake :eek: I can't see.

Iknowrite??? :o

New media killed the LPS? Bad batch maybe?

My best guess. I know of others this has happened to as well. That said, I am not about to trash the media as it has served me well in years past, yet the timing of the switch and subsequent losses is telling IMO.

The frustrating part of this hobby is all of the unknowns and best guesses we must deal with.

Needreefunds
I'm sorry to hear that. But good to see you online Richie, I want to do all these equipment additions, builds and mods and hope you'll stick around.

Thank You kat.

No problem glad to help when I can.

BTW... I usually check in now and again- :ninja:

OK- Picture-less update. Not long after that last pic- I service the tank- changed all the media- Chemipure etc. In the next few days I lost most of my prized LPS. :unsure::(

The tank seems to have stabilized- I did nothing to it other than checking params- which showed me nothing ( as usual ).

I will do a 5 gallon WC this weekend and hope for the best. :mellow:

Really sorry to hear that buddy :( I wonder if it could have been you stripped the water too clean of nutrients when you replaced the media....

Needreefunds
I've always liked this tank!

Thanks Spirofucci!

Really sorry to hear that buddy :( I wonder if it could have been you stripped the water too clean of nutrients when you replaced the media....

Certainly another possibility Eugene- truth be told I was a bit greedy with my tank maintenance that day. Looking back I should have spread it out over a couple weekends. May have been too clean and /or as simple as too many changes at once and I lost balance- shocking the LPS- amazingly though the SPS are still doing well. Go figure. You'd think after all this time I'd know better- small corrections / changes one at a time. Even too much of a "good" thing is no good.

Oh, what sweet pieces I lost that week. :(

• 4 months later...
Needreefunds
Bump for updates Richie. And also a question, are you running a sump on this tank?

Still going... -_-

Nope. No sump. intank media rack, Tunze skimmer, DIY chaeto basket w/ submersible lamps in middle chamber.

• 2 weeks later...
Needreefunds
omgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomgomg

BUT YOU TOLD ME TO!!! :o

*Blows dust off thread*

Clean the glass for gods sake :eek: I can't see.

SEE??? :huh:

:P

Archived