Cultivated Reef

Onyx Clowns Spawning

christosclowns

wow that zr1 is sweet. im starting to develop a taste for onyx clowns after reading this whole thread. lol. nice work raising the fry, theyre really nice

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So Nick, I guess that means I should stop holding the pair for you lol.

(I am that guy at the LFS with the $140 pair of C-Quest Onyx)

Small world.

BTW, Erik..the fish are looking fantastic! Ill get pics up for y'all tomorrow.

Colby

. The guy at my LFS wants to sell me a pair for $140! :lol:

Small world.

Colby

Hahaha pwned

Small world.

Colby

lol :lol:

:welcome: to N-R.com Colby.

christosclowns

lol you guys are funny. Colby that price for the c quest onyx colored up is very reaonable i would jump on it. Nick i take it his name is his pair are beautiful I would get them. Im not here to make a living im here to help people get nice clowns and colby has great clowns as well. But back to the point thank you for all your comments. I iwll be posting up pics of the babies soon there still a b it small and im power feeding them as much as I can. I truly love onyx clowns. I sent colby a pair and i hope he posts pix there starting to get allot of black. So thanks for following along ill keep everyone posted. Between work kids and pms im gonna have a nervous breakdown lol jk

LOLOLOLOLOL

Colby, I wasn't trying to say that you were making me pay too much. I just thought it was funny how I could get some for $65 instead of $140. I don't need the most beautiful fish, and I can't really afford $140. My Grandma has to pay for everything I get for the BC, and she doesn't understand how much some livestock can cost. So she isn't going to give me $140 for a pair of fish. She would think I'm stupid wanting $140 for 2 fish.

Hope I didn't make you mad or anything. :happy:;)

And also I kinda like the idea of getting some little tiny fish and watching them get their colors.

theres like 3 other scnrs members on that list gimli.

Yes but I'm the coolest of SCNRS. So we can bump you down if you are on that list. :happydance:

christosclowns

LOL i try my best to put people on as they read and post threads im not worried if people back out because there i salways next time. I want to be fair and allow everyone to enjoy the thread and th einteresting pix were gonna get with months to come. I will post pix of the 24 clowns that i have put aside in juvenile growout and she has another batch that is gonna hatch in 4 days. I lost about 200 babies last week because i forgot to seed there sponge filter and i had a huge amonia spike i was very pissed off at my selflol but then again when your limited to sleep and kids screaming daddy daddy lol its hard there like daddy daddy lots of nemos lol awesome

I want pictures lol how are they doing they should be eating like pigs the more you feed them the more they grow.

Erik...I finally got a camera that isn't my phone....New Pictures...what a difference

P2050032.jpg

P2050035.jpg

P2050031.jpg

P2050027.jpg

P2050021.jpg

P2050013.jpg

P2050012.jpg

P2050009.jpg

christosclowns

sweet pix star but colby is gonna post his pix of the ones he got from me and I want you to see how much black came into the one withought hosting an anenome. I know theres allot of talk about nems not allowing the darker pigment to come in as quick or strong especialy btas so i would pull the bta and let them host some mushrooms and youll see a huge diifference. see ya buddy thanks for the post

christosclowns

Lol it I enjoy it more than anyone lol and you know what the best part is when i jump on i check to see if anyone has responded people wanting to buy them doesnt even matter to me im so sick addicted to all my pairs its just fun watching them. I think it is the most impossible addiction to get rid of if you ever could get to that point

Lol it I enjoy it more than anyone lol and you know what the best part is when i jump on i check to see if anyone has responded people wanting to buy them doesnt even matter to me im so sick addicted to all my pairs its just fun watching them. I think it is the most impossible addiction to get rid of if you ever could get to that point

Let me ask you a question. I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, if it has sorry. How did you learn this technique? Did you read the Clownfish book from Joyce? (Is that her name?) I'm wondering if this can be done with a single tank only or does it have to be something elaborate like yours? I've always wanted to do this but I guess I haven't been serious about it because I never got that book or equipment.

christosclowns

awesome colby the black looks frickin awesome so far thank you. And to answer your question i actually started with one pair th eonyx and learned how to do from speaking with many people and reading. The people who really helped me allot was matt carberry form sustainable aquatics and mark park from fish fetish. Other than that colby has recently helped me out with minor questions that every breeder goes through. I learn everyday. For example i had 300 babies at 9 days old with herad strupes lasy week and i woke up in th emorning and bam all dead. Cant figure out why just happend. I started with 8 gallon biocubes and the breeders did great. Just bare bottom and a clay pot 4 inch. I went to the bigger system because at one point i had like 14 8 gallon biocubes. I sold them all and got the bigger system it is more convieneint. But yes you can just have one tank per breeder. All you need after that is a ten gallon tank rotifer heater nanochromopsis and an aerator. Then you can set up a 55 gallon for grow out with hang ons and youll be fine any questions ill be happy to help as much as I can. If you want shoot me a pm and ill give you my cell

Just for fun, here is a picture of my C-Quest pair and some of the little babies. This is so y'all can see what the C-Quest line of Onyx look like when they color up.

Male

1233891346.jpg

Female

1233892236.jpg

Pair together

1233892233.jpg

Archived