christosclowns

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
christosclowns

017.jpg

family029.jpg

35213548.jpg

And some of there babies at 40 days old astaxanthin gives them the nice bright coloring

fishbabies115.jpg

fishbabies076.jpg

45624597.jpg

45574596.jpg

48174857.jpg

48084854.jpg

48194859.jpg

Thank you

Wow Erik, how many breeding pairs of clowns do you have? Looks like you really love them. I hope you become a sponsor on N-R and offer some of these beauties to us :D

christosclowns

yes this first batch will be for sale in two weeks and I am trying to work on the sponsorship asap thanks guys ill keep you informed

You should start a how too thread on raising the fry. I have 3 pair of clowns. None mated yet but would be interested in how you raise the babies.

christosclowns

Raising the fry is pretty simple and i will post my theory behind it some time today when I have time to go into detail. They are so orange because i gut load there food with asaxanthin which is red pigment enhancer. If the clowns or any fish eat it it will burst there colors ill show you pix of 2 that i kept for myself and there bright red. And the black is already starting to develope. I will give more updates

christosclowns

Ok updated pix at just over 45 days old the first couple pix are two clowns that i moved into a nano tank by themselves about two weeks ago noice the black coming in and the color difference. Lighting and splitting them up does make a difference

50015029.jpg

50055031.jpg

49895026.jpg

50115033.jpg

ok and now these other pix are of ones that are in growout all together

50185037.jpg

50225035.jpg

HPIM5013.jpg

50235036.jpg

50205038.jpg

All are right around 1/2 inch or bigger thanks see ya i will be shipping some off next week

christosclowns

I have 4 ten foot teer tanks. All are acrylic and all of them are bare bottom. My breeder tanks range from 11 by 11 to 14 by 14. My growout range from 6 by 6 inches to 9 by nine inches. I also have a 55 gallon growout and two 40 gallon black drum grow outs

Add me to that list also. I would much rather pay extra (shipping included) for aquacultured livestock than get wild caught stuff. Although I highly doubt that Erik is doing this for profit, he really seems to love his clowns (and think like them too :D ). LoL

Uh, how about you guys get off your lazy keyboards and PM him yourself?

Pfft, noobs.

Doesn't PMing entail the use of one's keyboard?

They can still use their productive keyboards, just not their lazy ones.

Oh ok then :lol: , I guess the productive ones would be the normal grey, ps/2 ones and that makes the lazy ones the wireless ones, with game controls and chip crumbs. Mirite?

Archived