SaltCritters.com

Onyx Clowns Spawning

christosclowns

out of curiosity, how many out of what you raise do you have to cull in order to get rid of any deformed fish? I've seen a lot of TR clowns make it through to the stores with messed up lips and gill operculums and just wondered.

Nice set up and pics. Once you set up your sponsorship store/site you should add links for info on how to do what you're doing. It can only help the wild fish we dont catch and keep.

GL!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What do you feed the fry when they first hatch?

he feeds them rotifiers

also can you give me a quote on how much it will cost me to get a pair with shipping?

San Antonio, TX.

about a estimate of how much that will cost. tanks almost ready so might be getting these in feb or march still lol.

christosclowns

Welk generally i cull lets say I have 100 clowns about a tenth to a qaurter need to be culled. Sometimes it is less. I must say though that allot of people have said it is just genetic. I find that when they are fed gut loaded rotifer and water qaulity is great that there is only like 3 or 4 out of a hundred. Maybe its just a coincidence i dont know. And shipping to texas is around 36 dollars so ud be looking at like 100 shipped

christosclowns

Well she layed another clutch four days ago. She is a machine the day i pull her pot she lays two days later. Its awesome what an animal lol every nine days so updated pix are coming

New pics of the Babies... The bigger of the 2 practically swims up into the turkey baster as the food is coming out.

Erik, I sent you a Private Mail as well...

IMAGE_172.jpg

Also a video....Not sure how to flip this right side up? Any suggestions?

th_VIDEO_001.jpg

christosclowns

well here is the updates. I have about 40 in growout and i lost the last batch on day 8 of metamorphasis. Im very upset there was an amonia spike in the ten gallon rearing tank i dripped water to fast and to much and it stirred everything to fast. But the good news is 400 hatched last night so lets see if I can fix the problem. God I hate sponge filters lol

christosclowns

I iwll be posting the winner for a pair of onyx on moinday so those of you who have been following the thread and commenting and of course on the list will be in the drawing. The pair will be freeeeeeeeeeee monday night I iwll post the winner see ya guysand gals

christosclowns

they look great man im thrilled to see pix hey don and scott when you got time post some pix i wanna see lol i miss the little guys they are filled with tons of personality

they look great man im thrilled to see pix hey don and scott when you got time post some pix i wanna see lol i miss the little guys they are filled with tons of personality

I'll try today, lights aren't on yet.

My Sunpod should be here today. :happydance:

christosclowns

ok guys i know this is off the topic but I had to post pix of the toys Im so excited lol I want to share

ErikChopper-1.jpg

eriktoy-1.jpg

And of course the zr1 625 hp so sawesome again off the topic but had to share

toy3-1.jpg

toy2-1.jpg

Wow Erik, nice bike. Doesn't look real comfortable but I guess that is not really what it was designed for. I ride a Harley.

christosclowns

its got air ride and its ok long trips it sux but around the beaches its awesome lol. try carrying a box of clownfish on that thing lol

100 hrs a week workin your butt off sometimes you can spoil yourself lol

you know what scott I almost got a harley and i decided last minute between comfort or show and i went with show. Not that harleys aint nice i stuck wit the chopper now im thinkin im gonna prob get the harley to lmao if i can afford it lol

ok guys i know this is off the topic but I had to post pix of the toys Im so excited lol I want to share

Nice Bike & Car....Nice that you can drive the bike anytime down there. I'm itching to get back out there.

christosclowns

yes I am in tampa florida you can meet up with me if youd like thats fine. And about racing the beemer unless he has sick aftermarket i doubt hed catch up its the new zr1 ls9 supercharged motor

Archived